• EnPassant
    Then how do you know the vid I posted is false?praxis

I'm not saying it is false. I'm saying America has been beaten down for decades and sold out. Trump is preventing these people from doing further damage.
  • frank

Woe, Obama is Trump's father.
  • Streetlight
    Woe, Obama is Trump's father.frank

Yes this makes alot of sense given Trump's daddy issues.

Striking.
  • praxis
    The white SUV was a Biden supporter. The cognitive dissonance must be profoundly painful.NOS4A2

“The at-fault vehicle may be the white SUV and the victim appears to be the black truck”

You’re the one choosing to see “may be” as fact, apparently.
  • praxis
    I'm not saying it is false. I'm saying America has been beaten down for decades and sold out. Trump is preventing these people from doing further damage.EnPassant

Did you watch and understand the video?
  • NOS4A2

I never said it was a fact. The police say it appears the Biden vehicle may be at fault. Biden goons claim the Trump supporting vehicle was trying to murder Biden. Take your pick.
  • EnPassant
    Did you watch and understand the video?praxis

Yes, it doesn't matter. The people whose names you know are not the ones who run America. Politicians are only window dressing, pawns.
  • Pfhorrest
    Cause it’s actually lizard people from inside the hollow earth, right?
  • praxis
    Biden goons claim the Trump supporting vehicle was trying to murder Biden.NOS4A2

The Biden goons didn't know that Biden wasn't on the bus? If so, they probably were dumb enough to slam a car on the freeway.
  • praxis
    Yes, it doesn't matter. The people whose names you know are not the ones who run America. Politicians are only window dressing, pawns.EnPassant

Everyone knows Trump...
  • EnPassant
    Everyone knows Trump...praxis

Yes but he is a maverick. He is not even a real politician.
  • Benkei
    If you're in politics, you're a politician regardless of whether you play by the established rules.
  • praxis

Can you explain how he's not a real politician? or how his methods are unorthodox?
  • Baden

Go easy on NOS. His contract ends tomorrow.
  • Mr Bee
    I'm not all that familiar with European politics so I'll take your word on that. Also I don't really disagree on the need to address the social media bubbles that people are living in. I do think that that's adding to the problem but I'm just pointing out that it only made the existing polarization worse. I don't think that adding more parties necessarily completely fixes the situation either but it does help as does your solution.
  • Mr Bee
    It may be extended for a week or so depending on if Florida wants to screw over the country again on election night...
  • EnPassant
    Can you explain how he's not a real politician? or how his methods are unorthodox?praxis

It doesn't matter. The point I'm making is that America has been run by the deep state for decades and they have done untold harm to the country. Trump is not one of them, that is why they hate him so much. They want a return to power, tyranny and control. Trump is getting in the way. The same happened with Stalin; he wrenched power from the real communists and created Stalinism. Bad as Stalinism was, the alternative might have been much worse.
  • EnPassant
    If you're in politics, you're a politician regardless of whether you play by the established rules.Benkei

see my post above.
  • praxis
    They want a return to power, tyranny and control. Trump is getting in the way. The same happened with Stalin; he wrenched power from the real communists and created Stalinism. Bad as Stalinism was, the alternative might have been much worse.EnPassant

They say that Stalinism resulted in 6-9 million deaths. Perhaps Trump can beat that if reelected.
  • EnPassant
    They say that Stalinism resulted in 6-9 million deaths. Perhaps Trump can beat that if reelected.praxis
    That is not what I'm saying. I'm only drawing a parallel between two historical political dynamics. No need to take it any further than that. If it comes to it, how many died as a result of the actions of the old guard? Trump has not started any wars.
  • Benkei
    He didn't need to to kill 300,000 Americans.
  • tim wood
    But I am heating tar and getting feathers even now!
  • tim wood
    hey say that Stalinism resulted in 6-9 million deaths.praxis

The Russians say about 20 millions. But it is not clear if that number includes the Georgian and Ukraine famines of the 1920s. And Mao a whole lot more. Hitler just a junior partner, albeit a nasty one.
  • Michael
    Durham Investigation Insiders Say ‘No Evidence’ to Support Obamagate Has Been Found in 18 Months

Top prosecutors in the so-called Durham probe into the origins of the Russigate investigation have reportedly found “no evidence” to support the foundational theory that spawned the investigation—namely, that Obamagate occurred and that Barack Obama himself needed to be punished for it.

The report goes on to cite sources who say that Dennehy’s departure wasn’t actually aberrational at all. Instead, Durham actually shared the concerns that prompted his top aide’s exit, according to the report.

Those sources claim that both Dannehy and Durham were “troubled” that Barr has been misrepresenting the investigation in public since it began.

One of those anonymous sources cited in the New York report there “was no evidence…not even remotely…indicating Obama or Biden did anything wrong.”
  • Echarmion
    So, any bets on when Trump will declare victory and demand that no further ballots are counted?
  • Benkei
    I'd rather not flirt with disaster by betting on it... I'd feel bad. How much are we betting the Democrats will control the Senate?
  • Echarmion

Haven't really followed those races. From 538s forecast it seems likely, but by no means obvious that the senate will flip.
  • Benkei
    Alright, I'll go for a Trump win and a Senate flip just to take the least likely position. If I'll lose I'll post an argument in an ongoing philosophy of religion thread without calling all the theists idiots, either implicitly or explicitly.

Edit: plus I'll say something nice about nos4a2 and actually mean it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.