• Frank Apisa

He asked to be subpoenaed by the Senate...and would have testified under subpoena. They, cowardly, refused to do it. McConnell would not even let it come to a vote.
  • Baden

That did cause me a chuckle. It's classified information if he can block it and lies if he can't.
  • 180 Proof
    Tough on "Chyna", huh? :shade:

“Make sure I win,” Trump allegedly told Xi during a dinner at the G20 conference in Osaka, Japan last summer. “I will probably win anyway, so don’t hurt my farms.… Buy a lot of soybeans and wheat and make sure we win.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/boltons-unredacted-book-shows-trump-trying-to-hide
  • Maw
    Don't purchase Bolton's book
  • Maw
    Why not?tim wood

Because he's a shithead war hawk who is doing this for profit and nothing else. He knew about Trump's conversation with Xi, said and did nothing about it until he could turn it into a monetizable moment for his book. Don't give him money.
  • Benkei
    Piracy for the win.
  • Benkei
    What's going on with the prosecutor Berman? He resigned but he didn't?
  • Michael
    Barr continuing his corrupt practice of protecting Trump and Trump allies. At least this guy is fighting back.

I learned in a press release from the Attorney General tonight that I was 'stepping down' as United States Attorney. I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. I will step down when a presidentially appointed nominee is confirmed by the Senate. Until then, our investigations will move forward without delay or interruption. I cherish every day that I work with the men and women of this Office to pursue justice without fear or favor - and intend to ensure that this office's important cases continue unimpeded

Apparently there's a criminal investigation into Giuliani.

Edit: Could also have something to do with what Bolton says in his book.

"In May 2018, Bolton says, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan handed Trump a memo claiming innocence for a Turkish firm under investigation by the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York for violating Iranian sanctions.

"Trump then told Erdogan he would take care of things, explaining that the Southern District prosecutors were not his people, but were Obama people, a problem that would be fixed when they were replaced by his people,” Bolton writes.
  • 180 Proof
    :ok: Happy Summer Solstice, tRumpistanis! :fire:
  • SophistiCat
    Don't purchase Bolton's bookMaw

Why not?tim wood

Selfless heroes of the press have already suffered through it so that you don't have to.
    Read the juicy bits in their reports and be glad that it's them and not you.
  • tim wood
    You're confusing man and book.
  • Maw
    ok then buy the book and give $20 to a guy who wouldn't give a shit if he bombed you and your family, I don't care
  • NOS4A2

Barr continuing his corrupt practice of protecting Trump and Trump allies. At least this guy is fighting back.

The Durham report is coming down the pipe, and all DOJ offices may be involved with the material under review, including the Southern District of New York, The Eastern District of New York, The Eastern District of Virginia, The Washington DC District, and probably even main justice. Hopefully we get to watch the swamp drain in real time. He will be fired, just like his predecessor.
  • tim wood
    ok then buy the book and give $20 to a guy who wouldn't give a shit if he bombed you and your family, I don't careMaw

I have no plan to buy the book. The point - my point - is that you're confused. The man is the man; the book is the book. Two different things.
  • Maw
    I have no plan to buy the book. The point - my point - is that you're confused. The man is the man; the book is the book. Two different things.tim wood

Fuck dude this is really blowing my mind. A man is a man, and a book is a book. Two different things. Shit this is profound and insightful, thank you so much for this.
  • Maw
    Anyway Trump just owned the libs at his rally tonight by drinking water while the crowd cheered in excitement, doing great.

• Wayfarer
    Yeah he did great water-drinking and no doubt could also have done an excellent ramp-walk if he really needed to. What a chimp champ.
  • Maw
    Biden and Trump don't need to debate policy and precedent. The American people don't want that. What we need is a water drinking contest. And if Biden can run down a ramp he'll have November locked down.
  • ssu
    Biden and Trump don't need to debate policy and precedent. The American people don't want that. What we need is a water drinking contest. And if Biden can run down a ramp he'll have November locked down.Maw
    Things might go so that they don't even debate.

What do you need debates for in your elections? Just go and vote if you can.
  • ssu
    Besides, Trump's line is obvious:

I stand before you today to declare the silent majority is stronger than ever before. Five months from now, we're going to defeat sleepy Joe Biden. Why does he get a pass from these people? We're going to stop the radical left.

And Seattle, of course...

But it's probably better for us to just watch that disaster. I flew in with some of our great Congressmen who were going to introduce in a second and I said to him Congressman what do you think? I can straighten it out fast. You would just go in. No sir, let it simmer for a little while. Let people see what radical Left democrats will do to our country, but Americans have watch Left, wing radicals burned down, buildings loot businesses destroy private property.

I don't forecast the elections to be ugly. I think they will be hideously ugly, even if Biden isn't as inflammatory to the Republicans as Hillary was.
  • Echarmion
    I don't forecast the elections to be ugly. I think they will be hideously ugly, even if Biden isn't as inflammatory to the Republicans as Hillary was.ssu

Perhaps the most interesting factoid to come out of the Bolton book is that Trump actually wants to be re-elected. I had always assumed that Trump would be fine with loosing the re-election and leveraging his status as ex-president to stroke his ego. But, if the Bolton book is accurate in that regard, he has actually invested his ego into being re-elected. That will guarantee it gets very ugly.
  • Benkei
    You expected that because...? He doesn't want to look like a loser at any cost.
  • Echarmion

Well I was working on the assumption that he didn't really want the job, just the prestige that comes with it, and for that it kinda doesn't matter whether he has one or two terms. But maybe that assumes too much reflection on Trump's part.
  • ssu
    Perhaps the most interesting factoid to come out of the Bolton book is that Trump actually wants to be re-elected. I had always assumed that Trump would be fine with loosing the re-election and leveraging his status as ex-president to stroke his ego. But, if the Bolton book is accurate in that regard, he has actually invested his ego into being re-elected. That will guarantee it gets very ugly.Echarmion
    Yes.

I think he would have been happy to lose to Hillary, actually. He could have had that TV station he was thinking about and would be listened in the right-wing-realm as the prime Hillary-basher there is. Him being a presidential candidate of the Republican party would give him this clout.

Now it's different. He has finally gotten people like Barr who do what he wants. He has gotten comfortable with the Presidency. And he thinks he will look like a failure if he's a single term President. And perhaps he fears that he will be in court in no time if he isn't a President.
  • Benkei
    And perhaps he fears that he will be in court in no time if he isn't a President.ssu

One hopes.
  • unenlightened
    After that bravura performance with the glass of water, I'd be looking forward to seeing the Great Orangery walk and chew gum at the same time, except that multi-tasking is so girlie.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.