• Nobeernolife

....and there we go. As if my observation needed support.

Really, Adam`s metaphor of the two movies on the same screen totally works. The Trump haters (aka mainstream media consumers) are simply seeing a totally different reality than the rest of us. But Scott predicted that by now, the separation would have been lessened. Instead, it has increased. If anything, CNN et al have been doing a phantastic job of creating mass hysteria.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    aka mainstream media consumers)Nobeernolife

Fox News is as mainstream as mainstream media gets.
  • Nobeernolife

"Fox News is as mainstream as mainstream media gets. "

LOL, these responses are so predictable, I can write an entire dialog myself. Someone mentions the corporate propaganda media, and someone from the echo chamber will say "Fox" (or "Faux") as they usually spell it. I do not get or watch Fox (except for youtube clips), but I understand that it is one of the few (or maybe the only) mainstream channel that has not totally succumbed to TDS. Good for them, but really.... 1 single exception among whole alphabet soup of propaganda channels which broadcast orangeman bad nonstop is really nothing to brag about.
  • RegularGuy
    What do you prefer? 4chan? 8chan?
  • Nobeernolife

What do you prefer? 4chan? 8chan?

I don´t know "4chan" and "8chan". Are they mainstream media? Do you watch them?
    Fwiw, I look at a variety sources, starting the day with CNN on the tele for breakfast. I must say, the sheer level of TDS hysteria sometimes makes me choke on the toast.
  • RegularGuy
    No, I don’t go on those sites. It’s best that no one does.

What do you like about Trump?
  • Benkei
    I'm not even American, you moron, so I'm not a "mainstream media consumer". Trump is corrupt. Clear as day from anywhere outside the US.
  • Nobeernolife

What do you like about Trump?

Thanks for a reasonable question instead of a TDS rant. So rare these days!

What do I like about Trump? I agree with his basic policy platform. Fundamentally, return from globalism to healthy nationalism. Imho, he is very much the American Brexit. I do not particularly love the guy as a person, in fact I find his appearance quite grating. I am not American, so not part of the party political football game, but I am watching it. In fact, there is a Democrat candidate who I would vote for, but guess what..... she is getting the Trump treatment from the corporate media.

Hth to clarify from what angle I am looking at this.
  • Nobeernolife

'm not even American, you moron, so I'm not a "mainstream media consumer". Trump is corrupt. Clear as day from anywhere outside the US.

I am not American either, what you see is not clear at all for me from outside the US. And it possible to talk about this without name calling?
  • RegularGuy
    So you prefer nationalism to globalism. Do you feel like countries like the US don’t need immigrants? It’s funny because so many companies in the US that the population depends on rely on undocumented workers to do the work that Americans won’t do.

Do you like environmental deregulation?

Do you like massive military spending?

Do you like massive tax cuts to billionaires and corporations?

Do you deny climate change as Trump does?
  • Benkei
    I will stop the namecalling if you stop as well. Your first post was a swipe at most posters here for having TDS. That's insulting in itself so you get back what you threw.

Also, it might be a strange turn of phrase but I do not remember anyone on this board ever suggesting voting for a politicians that they cannot vote for. And there's been a lot of talk about Brexit and Trump here. So yeah, I'm not buying it you're not American, especially since the first thing you watch in the morning is CNN.

Also, no Democrat supports your idea of American nationalism so your entire political position is circumspect.
  • NOS4A2

I don’t live in America either.
  • Nobeernolife

So now, after asking a reasonable question, you veering off into propaganda talking point. Disappointing, but alas no surprise. I don´t want to get bogged down in one forum, so just quickly.

So you prefer nationalism to globalism. Do you feel like countries like the US don’t need immigrants?
    -->No, "countries like the US" do not to abolish border controls. Immigration should be controlled and regulated by every host nation. That is a fundamental part of the definition of a nation.

It’s funny because so many companies in the US that the population depends on rely on undocumented workers to do the work that Americans won’t do.
    --> Importing illegal cheap labour to cut down on wages is not something that should be promoted.

Do you like environmental deregulation?
    --> Yes, as long as it is sensible.

Do you like massive military spending?
    --> No.

Do you like massive tax cuts to billionaires and corporations?
    --> No.

Do you deny climate change as Trump does?
    --> Did you stop beating your wife? Can we really not do without loaded questions?
  • Nobeernolife

I will stop the namecalling if you stop as well. Your first post was a swipe at most posters here for having TDS. That's insulting in itself so you get back what you threw.

TDS was not a personal swipe, it is simply an observation. When so many people are so obsessed with such fanaticism that is destroys reasonable communication, we are definitely talking about a derangement syndrome. I did not call you a moron or anything else.
  • Nobeernolife

So yeah, I'm not buying it you're not American, especially since the first thing you watch in the morning is CNN.

CNN comes with the cable subscription where I live. Not my choice. But I must say it is quite an impressive start for the day, LOL.
  • RegularGuy
    Now you’re getting defensive. I’m trying to figure out which policies of Trump’s you like. He has done all of the things I asked about. Also, he employs undocumented workers at some of his resorts. It used to be all of them until he got called out for hypocrisy.

Asking if you deny climate change is a reasonable question.
  • Nobeernolife

Now you’re getting defensive.
    Sorry, just been through this routine too many times, online and in real life.

I’m trying to figure out which policies of Trump’s you like. He has done all of the things I asked about.
    No, he has not. At least not in the filtered way you present them. I am not saying I agree with everything he does. I simply said I agree with his basic policy platform: 1) Stop out-of-control globalism, put your nation ahead of global institutions, 2) Protect the borders, 3) Stop stupid foreign wars.
    Afaic he has at least tried to stick to those. Most importantly, he has NOT started any new idiotic military adventures like his predecessors. Instead of bashing Trump, you should count your blessings you did not get the warmonger Hillary Clinton.

Asking if you deny climate change is a reasonable question.
    I do not know that he (or in fact anybody) "denies climate change". The disagreement is about politics, in particular the merit of signing international agreements full of empty promises which in fact only amout to money and power transfer. Yes, your question was loaded and als is typical for the stuff emanating from the TDS bubble.
  • RegularGuy

Trump literally calls climate change a hoax.
  • Nobeernolife

Trump literally calls climate change a hoax.

Do you have source for that? In that case, I would disagree with him. In the event, I strongly suspect he called the various climate models and predictions a hoax, which is clearly true, since they all prove wrong. Please show me the transcript where he says "climate change is a hoax". If you can not, I assume you are simply repeating another media talking point.
  • RegularGuy
    If you can not, I assume you are simply repeating another media talking point.Nobeernolife

Lol. Fake news!

Go on his Twitter feed.
  • NOS4A2

Now you’re getting defensive. I’m trying to figure out which policies of Trump’s you like. He has done all of the things I asked about. Also, he employs undocumented workers at some of his resorts. It used to be all of them until he got called out for hypocrisy.

To be fair they had fake documents.
  • Nobeernolife

Go on his Twitter feed.

I am not interested in Twitter with its stream of conscience content.

Here is what I found with a little googling (from the Telegraph):
    The US president said during an interview with CBS’s 60 Minutes show that he does not think climate change is a “hoax”, reversing his previous position.
    However Mr Trump claimed that some scientists have a “very big political agenda” and suggested there is no consensus about the cause of global warming.

Well, that is not denying climate change, and the very big political agenda is certainly there, as we all (should) know after seeing the Climategate mails and the exposee of the IPCC. Climate clearly exists, but questioning the politics is an entire different thing.

I agree he could have handled the interview better.
  • RegularGuy
    To be fair they had fake documents.NOS4A2

The managers told them where to go to get better fake documents as reported by some of the undocumented workers at his New Jersey resort.
  • NOS4A2

I thought Trump hired them.
  • RegularGuy
    He owns the resorts. He relies on their cheap labor.
  • RegularGuy
    suggested there is no consensus about the cause of global warming.Nobeernolife

But there is a consensus. That’s tantamount to a denial of climate change if you’re going to question its cause.
  • NOS4A2

He owns the resorts. He relies on their cheap labor.

4 out of 5 star reviews from employees. Sounds like a great company to work for.

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Trump-Organization/reviews?fcountry=ALL
  • Nobeernolife
    But there is a consensus. That’s tantamount to a denial of climate change if you’re going to question its cause.Noah Te Stroete

Consensus on what? This "97% of scientists agree" talking point is bandied about a lot, but we are never told what exactly they agree on. And by the way, the Cook report (in case you refer to that) has been discredited.
    Bonus question: Do you think that Dr. Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace, is not a scientist?
  • RegularGuy
    That misses the point entirely. Also, Mar-a-Lago has bed bugs, and Trump doesn’t pay his contractors. Furthermore, he has declared bankruptcy several times because he is a terrible businessman, and he is constantly in litigation.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.