• Michael
    Um, maybe a cage?tim wood

That's what this is, which is why it says "All General Trump Conversations Here". ;)
  • 3017amen

His credibility is highly suspect. I have found that he can't be honest with himself or other's. After reading responses to mine and other poster's.., there is no consistency in his arguments except to say that he complains that it's too dark while stubbornly refusing to take his head out 'the sand.

LOL
  • tim wood
    Excellent and wise! Thank you! It's me who needs to step out. Shades of Faust and Mephistopheles!
  • Deletedmemberzc
    their past statements say otherwise.NOS4A2

To identify a liar, note inconsistencies in his narrative, especially when engaged in a not-so-defensive conversation with a political ally (Geraldo).
  • NOS4A2

His credibility is highly suspect. I have found that he can't be honest with himself or other's. After reading responses to mine and other poster's.., there is no consistency in his arguments except to say that he complains that it's too dark while stubbornly refusing to take his head out 'the sand.

LOL

You promised me an analysis about my right-wing extreme views and how I am a danger to democracy. Is that ever going to arrive? or....
  • ssu
    You promised me an analysis about my right-wing extreme views and how I am a danger to democracy.NOS4A2
    I bet you want to hear that.

Would reinforce your thoughts about those who are critical about Trump or what?

People are usually smarter than you think. If they listen to you and you listen to them.
  • NOS4A2

Any advice on how I should further conduct myself in the future?
  • Michael
    Oh dear. It looks like the disgraced Andrew McCabe is facing prosecution. This is one of the people anti-trump conspiracy theorists had unmitigated faith in.NOS4A2

Justice Dept. won’t charge Andrew McCabe, the former FBI official who authorized the investigation of President Trump

I wonder if Trump Barr will step in to interfere with this one too.
  • NOS4A2

It appears to be so. That’s a shame given that he lied to the FBI with all these others being jailed for doing the same. So does that Waylay your fears about the Trump DOJ?
  • Michael
    So does that Waylay your fears about the Trump DOJ?NOS4A2

Too early to say. Give it a couple of days after the inevitable Trump tweet. Apparently he ain't happy.
  • NOS4A2

I wouldn’t be happy either. To me this is more evidence of the two-tiered approach to justice.
  • Michael
    True, the rich and powerful, whatever their party, always get away with crap that would get us lesser folk in serious trouble.
  • NOS4A2

True, the rich and powerful, whatever their party, always get away with crap that would get us lesser folk in serious trouble.

As you might expect I will have to accept this with extreme suspicion. The defense, Michael Bromwich, was the inspector general of the Clinton DOJ and appointed federal prosecutor for Obama. That is of course conspiratorial on my part but, good god, it’s just too convenient.

Edit to add: I was wrong about Bromwich being prosecutor. He was defense. The prosecutor was Molly Gaston, who prosecuted Rick Gates for lying.
  • Benkei
    Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani told Fox News that he was personally asked by the State Department to contact Ukrainian officials and inquire about investigations into former Vice President Joe Biden.

Now we know it was Trump.

1 + 1 =...?
  • Michael
    but, good god, it’s just too convenientNOS4A2

And now you know where we are coming from.
  • NOS4A2

And now you know where we are coming from.

So long as you admit it, yes I do.
  • Monitor
    Michael Avenatti is facing forty some years in prison. Will Barr or Trump have a more lenient sentencing guideline to offer?:grin:
  • Michael
    That max figure that papers mention is really misleading. The same metric gave Stone 50 years. It’ll probably be around 3 or 4.
  • Relativist
    It appears to be so. That’s a shame given that he lied to the FBI with all these others being jailed for doing the same.NOS4A2
    That's a false equivalence. Flynn pleaded guilty to lying as a plea deal - they had other things on him. Had lyng been the only issue, he would have had no motivation to accept the deal.

Of special note is a statement made by the judge in Mccabe's case. The judge, a George W. Bush appointee, said "the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted" was like a "banana republic." He told this to the prosecutors months ago, but it was only released today. Here's another example of Trump's inappropriarte nvolvement getting in the way of the impartial administration of justice.
  • NOS4A2

That's a false equivalence. Flynn pleaded guilty to lying as a plea deal - they had other things on him. Had lyng been the only issue, he would have had no motivation to accept the deal.

Sure, they are not equivalent, but it is true they were charged for lying to the FBI (Papadopolous, Gates, van der Zwaan) whereas in this case no charges were recommended at all.

Do you think people should or should not be charged with lying to the FBI?
  • NOS4A2

I’ve been following that case closely. If what Flynn’s attorney’s are claiming is true, it will be a disaster for the Mueller investigation and the DOJ
  • Michael
    What is he saying? I haven’t been following it.
  • Relativist
    Yes, of course people should be charged when they lie to the FBI.

I couldn't care less if Mccabe were prosecuted for lying, if that is the typical course of action for lies of a similar magnitude. But I'm sure you're aware that prosecutorial discretion filters out some lying charges, and fairness dictates that discretion be applied consistently. This discretion also provides a tool for investigators to seek additional information - as was the case with those charged through the Mueller investigation. There's nothing wrong with that. On the other hand, there IS something wrong with Trump using such prosecution in a vendetta - and the judge perceived this may have been going on.
  • NOS4A2

What is he saying? I haven’t been following it.

They are saying the DOJ broke the plea agreement. It's complicated but that's the essential point. more heavy-handed recommendations and all that.
  • NOS4A2

Personally I think it's a fair decision in the McCabe case because he was already fired. But I do not think it is fair in the case of others.
  • ssu
    Oh, Just be yourself.

And don't get banned.
  • Relativist

This article seems a good summary.

Here's my takeaway:
    there was a plea deal, which granted Flynn probation in return for his cooperating with other investigations and prosecutions.

Flynn chose to not testify in a particular trial because it would admit he knowingly lied on his filings under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)

Prosecutors believe Flynn had already admitted to these false statements, so they regarded Flynn's refusal to testify as a breach of the deal.

Because of the alleged breach, prosecutors changed the sentencing recommendation to jail time. They rethought this, and 7 days later, they reverted back to the original recommendation of probation.

Flynn's attorneys are treating the temporary action as a breach of the plea deal. This opens the door for Flynn to withdraw hia guilty plea,if the judge approves.

As a separate matter, Flynns current attorneys allege the original ones had a conflict of interest. This is another potential basis for withdrawing the plea.
  • Nobeernolife
    2 years on, and Trump Derangement Syndrome is as strong as ever. Scott Adams predicted that by now it would have been abated.... that afaics is the only prediction he got wrong.
  • Benkei
    2 years on, and Trump Derangement Syndrome is as strong as ever. Scott Adams predicted that by now it would have been abated.... that afaics is the only prediction he got wrong.Nobeernolife

Indeed. It's surprising his supporters are still so deranged to actually defend Trump. A terrible affliction.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.