• Wayfarer
    it’s more live action role playing.NOS4A2

Note that labeling criticism of Trump as 'hysteria' is just another way for the Trump trolls to defuse legitimate criticism. It's the same as when the GOP lackeys saying that the Democrats are acting out of hatred. It trivialises any criticism. You're seeing our live Trump troll doing this in real time.

Is that you on Level 3?

trollfactory-02-edit-1ee01ddb483b3d82e72ad21bbb797b32fa921713-s1100-c15.jpg
  • NOS4A2

I was actually saying it’s different than hysteria, that you’re engaging in a form of escapism. You, for instance, have zero stake in American politics, yet you’ve adopted the identity of an American democrat. So it’s no wonder you get so upset when you see them losing.
  • Wayfarer
    also notice the technique of turning 'discussion about Trump' into 'discussion about the discussion'. Another method. But it's all scripted.

ou, for instance, have zero stake in American politics,NOS4A2

The world has a stake in America being taken over by a criminal cult.
  • Brett

How does it feel to know that right now you are exactly like all the people in Germany who sat around and did nothing while Jews were burned?deletedmemberMD

It’s not hard.
  • NOS4A2

Oh is that right? Then why are you guys looking like you’d drink the cyanide koolaid to get him out of office. It’s a depraved moral panic and it puts all of us at risk.
  • Brett

I’ve come to believe it’s more live action role playing. They get to live out a fantasy of an oppressive force while at the same time remaining completely safe and comfortable, and all of it to disguise the moral depravity hidden within. The impeachment, for instance, is a fantasy.NOS4A2

Exactly.
  • Brett

[quote="Wayfarer;360862"]The world has a stake in America being taken over by a criminal cult.[/quote]

You’re just making it easy for me.
  • NOS4A2
    The IG report on FISA abuse is expected to drop tomorrow. It’s been a long time in the making. Most Trumpers are preemptively downplaying the report, expecting that is not going to tell them what they want to hear due to how limited Horowitz’s jurisdiction and scope is. Trump himself never liked the idea from the beginning.

But it will at least lay bare some facts for all to see.
  • Wayfarer
    It’s a depraved moral panic and it puts all of us at risk.NOS4A2

I'm posting as a public service, and as an antidote to your noxious rubbish. When I can be bothered.
  • Wayfarer
    You’re just making it easy for me.Brett

You think the idea of Trump leading a cult is a joke?
  • Brett

I think saying it is a joke, or an illness.
  • praxis

And you characterize all two hundred and thirty five pages with the few such snippets you can find? That’s irrational.
  • NOS4A2

I'm posting as a public service, and as an antidote to your noxious rubbish. When I can be bothered.

By all means, friend. I still won’t hold it against you when you finally realize that you’re in on the charade. There is no blind hatred here.
  • Brett

Is anyone else nervous about society right now? I'm nervous. I haven't been this nervous in a while. Since the twin towers fell. But I think I might be even more nervous now than I was then because it feels like America is starting to war with it'self and it's neighbors and it's planet with no concern for ethics what so ever.Lif3r
  • Brett

I believe Hitler and Stalin would thrive in the present day American political system.Merkwurdichliebe
  • Brett
    Trump is a proto-hitler: he's maniac enough, but has none of the other necessary qualities. Which implies that someone, something, more substantially evil is running him, somehow. Love of money? Russian blackmail?tim wood
  • Baden
    @Wayfarer Trump is obviously a corrupt scumbag, piece of shit etc. but he's just a symptom of neoliberal plutocracy, not the cause. For that, see Reagan and especially Clinton. Only Clinton did it with a smile rather than a sneer and with implicit rather than explicit racism. So, it's a real stretch to imagine any moral basis for establishment attacks on Trump. What the opposing gang of plutocrats fear is not Trump but populism in general and more specifically Trump, by shaking things up, making left-wing populism viable. The real enemy is not Trump, it's the plutocracy and that runs both sides of the political divide. Shilling for either is to slit your own throat on the altar of a god that hates you. So, I'd ask both you and @NOS4A2 to drop your knives and join the resistance. :naughty:
  • Wayfarer
    I think the 'moral equivalence' argument of Trump with anyone else in the political landscape is entirely false. He's in a league of his own. The real enemy IS Trump.
  • Baden

Alright, I'll put you on hold. @NOS4A2?
  • ovdtogt
    You’re just making it easy for me.Brett

Yes and crazy Americans are making it difficult for us. The present world order of peace and stability for what it is worth has been mutual cooperation which is effectively being trashed by the #Trumfascistas.
    Blow up Paris accord. Blow up Iran deal. Blow up trade deals. Like a little petulant child he is smashing the 'toys' he can not have.
  • ovdtogt
    it's the plutocracy and that runs both sides of the political divide.Baden

Yes the populace will be forced to take up Anarchy. What is happening in Hong Kong is the canary in the coal mine. But all (right-wing) governments are becoming more and more fascist. The powers will not be satisfied until we have a surveillance-state like China.
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ex5y5z/is-the-government-watching-you
  • ovdtogt
    Trump is a proto-hitler: he's maniac enough, but has none of the other necessary qualities.tim wood

They are unfortunately stuck with the dumbest sock puppet out of Pandora's box. The republicans are praying every day their dear leader won't fuck things up.
  • Wayfarer
    The other point is, the reason I’m posting a lot on this topic, is because in my opinion there is dedicated pro-Trump agent posting here. So what? you ask. The problem is, Trump, as is well-documented, relies on and pushes enormous amounts of disinformation whilst branding everything else ‘fake news’. Fox News and other so-called conservative news outlets assist in the spreading of what amounts to propaganda (commonly referred to as ‘alternative facts’ and ‘false narratives’). Philosophyforum is one very small social media channel which in my view is now being handled by an agent on behalf of this global disinformation campaign. That provokes me to post rebuttals. And the problem is not with politics, generally, or America, generally, or even the state of the world, generally. The problem is, the occupant of the White House really is a threat to the rule of law. Maybe you don’t think that’s important but I do.
  • Michael
    Most Trumpers...NOS4A2

This means something else in the UK.
  • Brett

Philosophyforum is one very small social media channel which in my view is now being handled by an agent on behalf of this global disinformation campaign.Wayfarer

I rest my case.
  • Baden

Both sides are disgusting for different reasons. I can agree with almost every criticism made of Trump while not going along with the agenda of everyone making the criticisms or accepting that the way the criticisms function has much positive benefit. So, it's not because I don't care, it's because I do that I'd prefer to zoom out and focus on what the root cause of American (and, increasingly, European) democratic dysfunction is. And that's a neoliberal-driven plutocracy that escapes scrutiny while everyone's having food fights in the playpen. So, yes, I'm aware that what the Trumpists are doing amounts to a mass assault on truth, but it's essentially just a more brazen (and transparently so) attack on the interests of the public made possible by decades of more subtle attacks that have embittered and disempowered them to the point of desperation. And they are not going away. So I have no problem with you calling out @NOS4A2, but he's preaching to a choir that is never going to listen to your song. And there are some good reasons for their intransigence that you'll never understand unless you change your tune.
  • ovdtogt
    I can agree with almost every criticism made of Trump while not going along with the agenda of everyone makingBaden

Trump is the symptom, not the disease. The disease is corporate fascism perverting the democratic institutions.
  • ovdtogt

The disease is corporate fascism perverting the democratic institutions. Now they have even greater tools of persuasion at their disposal. The Facebooks and Googles are the surveillance-state manipulating the weak and vulnerable minds in their political favor.
  • Baden

I'd put it this way, the super-rich have a strong enough combination of economic, technological, and informational resources to transform functional democracies into mere nominal ones that serve their interests and this process is continuously accelerating right under our noses.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.