• Maw
    I’m surprised you didn’t quote some article to pad your lack of original thoughtNOS4A2

Yeah I guess news stories just magically appear in your mind
  • Maw
    Folks this is a philosophy forum so don't read
  • frank
    Although FYI, plenty of people were born in the US but don't live there anymore. Did you mean to say something else?Michael

I dont think he was born in the US. He just wants to pose as an American, for whatever reason.
  • NOS4A2

I dont think he was born in the US. He just wants to pose as an American, for whatever reason.

Ooh, birtherism. Isn’t that ironic.
  • Fooloso4
    Trump is attempting to block California from setting its own higher standards for auto emissions. He has also rejected higher standards for fuel economy. Why? The auto industry is preparing to meet those higher standards, so it is not for their benefit. In fact the uncertainty hurts them.

When looked at in light of his rollback of other environment protections it becomes clear that his intention is to render the EPA ineffectual. But it is not just the EPA, it is part of a larger scheme to dismantle the "administrative state" piece by piece. At the same time he moves to increase executive power and shield it from oversight. Republicans seem to approve, but will sing a very different tune when the Democrats occupy the White House.
  • NOS4A2
    Trump is attempting to block California from setting its own higher standards for auto emissions. He has also rejected higher standards for fuel economy. Why? The auto industry is preparing to meet those higher standards, so it is not for their benefit. In fact the uncertainty hurts them.

When looked at in light of his rollback of other environment protections it becomes clear that his intention is to render the EPA ineffectual. But it is not just the EPA, it is part of a larger scheme to dismantle the "administrative state" piece by piece. At the same time he moves to increase executive power and shield it from oversight. Republicans seem to approve, but will sing a very different tune when the Democrats occupy the White House.

California and the automakers ignored the EPA when they signed the deal.
  • Banno
    Scomo gets a state dinner.

Think there's a war in the offing.
  • Banno
    "The offing", by the way, is my contribution to "talk like a pirate", even though that was days ago. It's the part of the sea that is only just in sight.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Think there's a war in the offing.Banno

I am not sure that there is a war on the horizon but I do know that your leader was quite steadfast and clear about how Australia has its own relationship with China and hopes the US and China can work something out.
  • Banno
    Hi!

That's because he has a real dichotomy before him; the history of kowtowing to the US is in direct conflict with the economic reality that we get most of our income from China. If he were forced to choose, he would choose the USA, but that would utterly bugger our economy.

No, I was thinking more of an attempted war by proxy between the USA through the Saudis, and Iran. We would be In like Flynn...
  • NOS4A2

It looks like the Dems are inventing fake crimes (again) while Trump is investigating the real ones.
  • Michael
    How is it a Democrat invention?
  • NOS4A2

Did Trump do something wrong?
  • Michael
    Apparently. There’s an official whistleblower complaint that the Trump-appointed Inspector General believes is credible and of urgent concern and the White House is ordering the DNI not to comply with their legal requirement to turn over the details at the request of the House Intel Committee.
  • NOS4A2

Not much there, at least until the complaint is made public.

I wonder if the possible corruption of Joe Biden will receive any coverage.
  • Michael
    Not much there, at least until the complaint is made public.NOS4A2

There’s enough there to know that this isn’t “Dems inventing fake crimes”, so I ask you again to explain the reasoning behind your accusation.
  • NOS4A2

There’s enough there to know that this isn’t “Dems inventing fake crimes”, so I ask you again to explain the reasoning behind your accusation.

The person I was responding to says it was “pretty impeachable stuff”.

Nancy Pelosi says “If the president has done what has been alleged, then he is stepping into a dangerous minefield with serious repercussions for his administration and our democracy”.

So please, what did Trump do to warrant these accusations?
  • Michael
    So please, what did Trump do to warrant these accusations?NOS4A2

If the accusations are true then doing the things he’s been accused of warrants the accusations.
  • NOS4A2

If the accusations are true then doing the things he’s been accused of warrants the accusations.

Accusations of what? What are they accusing him of? What is the crime?
  • Michael
    Accusations of what? What are they accusing him of?NOS4A2

Using $250 million of military aid as leverage to pressure Ukraine into investigating Biden’s son.
  • NOS4A2

Even if that was true, what is the crime?
  • S
    Is your Google broken?
  • Michael
    I don’t know what the crime is, but the Inspector General considers it an urgent concern, and the White House considers it bad enough to order the DNI not to comply with their legal requirements to provide the information to Congress.

So yet again I ask you to explain why you believe this to be “Dems inventing fake crimes”.
  • NOS4A2

I don’t know what the crime is, but the Inspector General considers it an urgent concern, and the White House considers it bad enough to order the DNI not to comply with their legal requirements to provide the information to Congress.

So yet again I ask you to explain why you believe this to be “Dems inventing fake crimes”.

What did Trump do wrong? You said you don’t know. If you don’t know what Trump did wrong, how do you know he did something wrong? The Dems and their followers do not know, yet they claim impeachable offences and crimes against democracy. This is the simplest logic I cannot believe I have to spell this out.
  • S

"If the president has done what has been alleged, then he is stepping into a dangerous minefield with serious repercussions for his administration and our democracy”.

"If the president has done what has been alleged...”.

"If...”.
  • NOS4A2

If the president has done what has been alleged

What has been alleged?
  • S
    Is your Google broken?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.