• StreetlightX
    Jairus Banaji - A Brief History of Commercial Capitalism
    Jairus Banaji - Theory As History: Essays on Modes of Production and Exploitation
  • darthbarracuda
    The Rebel, Albert Camus
  • Manuel
    Currently reading:

Dance Dance Dance - Haruki Murakami
    Writings 1902-1910 by William James
    EuroTragedy: A Drama in Nine Acts by Ashoka Mody
    Understanding Disney: Manufacturing Fantasy by Janet Wasko
  • javi2541997
    Haruki MurakamiManuel

:100: :up:

I also like Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and 1Q84
  • Manuel
    Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and 1Q84javi2541997

:cheer: :fire:

Both fantastic books! I'm re-reading this one and my next re-read is gonna be Hard-Boiled Wonderland, it was my favorite of his from what I can recall.

1Q84 was also great. :)

Haven't heard very good things about Killing Commendatore, so I'm very hesitant to read it...
  • javi2541997
    Haven't heard very good things about Killing Commendatore, so I'm very hesitant to read it...Manuel

Me neither! Because Murakami has an extent collection of books. In my case, I will give it a chance to Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage the title looks so interesting so I decided purchasing it.
  • Manuel
    Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimagejavi2541997

I stopped after 1Q84, I read like 6 of his books in a row. But I wanted to read different authors.

I might try that one: some people say it's very good, other people not so much.
  • darthbarracuda
    Also started The AI Delusion by Gary Smith.
  • Pantagruel
    You ever wish you could read all your books and all the ones that everyone else on here posts also? :chin:
  • javi2541997
    You ever wish you could read all your books and all the ones that everyone else on here posts also? :chin:Pantagruel

That would be so awesome. Also I made a goal to myself try to read at least one book from a Nobel prize winner. I find it interesting :sweat:
  • Pantagruel
    That would be so awesome. Also I made a goal to myself try to read at least one book from a Nobel prize winner. I find it interesting :sweat:javi2541997

:up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.