• Cynical Eye
    So I have a question for you guys: what do you think the world is lacking? That's pretty direct, lol. I won't elaborate more because I'd like it to be answered in all the ways you can think of without being affected by anything I say, or maybe other people's comments.

Feel free to share your thoughts!
  • John Days
    So I have a question for you guys: what do you think the world is lacking of?Cynical Eye

Hey CynicalEye. Good question. I'd like to suggest the world lacks good judgment. I think "judgment class" should be mandatory in all schools from the age of 5 and it should be even more important than reading, writing, and maths.
  • Wayfarer
    Good sub-editors.
  • _db
    Compassion
  • Wosret
    Peers.
  • praxis
    Wisdom
  • BC
    Why do you want to know? Are you missing something?
  • BC
    I won't elaborate more because I'd like it to be answered in all ways you can think of without being affected by anything I say, or maybe other people's comment.Cynical Eye

Have you not affected what people will say by asking the question? Put up or shut up: What do you think the world lacks? (But it is an absurdly open-ended question. Perhaps it is the case that the world lacks nothing. How can 'the world' which is a box of every thing be missing any thing?)
  • Wosret
    Wouldn't mind me some sandwich trees either. I could go for a freshly ripened sandwich right about now.
  • Nils Loc
    An efficient use and a more equal distribution of very basic local resources.

Two old farts next door not farming their farmland, mowing because people mow.

40,000 gallon aesthetic pond (water in the drain) I maintain, using potable city and county water.

Absurd... Water + Land = Sandwich Trees
  • BC
    An avocado tree could just as well wrap bread around a skinless fruit and put the chicken where the otherwise useless pit is.

Sandwiches on trees isn't such a new idea. The Norwegian immigrant song sings about Oleanna -- not to be confused with the David Mammet play -- something like Minnesota - where roasted piggies walk around asking if you'd like a slice of ham. We used to sing this in grade school. It warped my view of reality. There's a large statue of Ole Bull, the author, on the Minnesota State Capital grounds.

Then there's the hobo's Big Rock Candy Mountain

• Wosret

In the hitchhiker's guide, restaurant at the end of the universe there are genetically engineered talking cows that can't wait to get eaten that help you pick out which part of them to have for diner. The protagonist is taken aback, and shocked by this, and refuses to pick any part of it, or eat the cow, when he is asked if he would prefer to eat something that doesn't want to be eaten.
  • Ruminant
    Nothing. I find it is people that are lacking.
  • Sam26
    The world lacks love. Everything good flows from love.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Acceptance of truth, wisdom, joy, peace, love, kindness, patience, goodness to name a few.
  • Shawn
    Jesus. Y'all need Jesus in yer lives.
  • BlueBanana
    I won't elaborate more because I'd like it to be answered in all the ways you can think of without being affected by anything I say, or maybe other people's comments.Cynical Eye

Haha, good try. This world is lacking your personal opinion on the matter!
  • kepler
    A willingness to try to understand one another.
  • Cynical Eye
    true I kinda agree that
  • Janus

If you think of it like this: the world is everything that doesn't matter, and life is everything that does, then the salient question becomes 'what does the world not lack?'.
  • Cavacava
    Necessity
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.