• Baden

I'm not trying to look inside your heart here. I'm just saying, if you know how not to sound sinister and threatening, please take that route. If not, take your chances. We haven't been able to disentangle your semi-incoherent explanations.
  • Fire Ologist
    - People taking one aspect of another person, one impression even, and judging the whole person and their whole life based on that, and judging them to be a bad person, or a loser, or whatever.

It’s just annoyingly boring. And the comments are almost always unoriginal, stereotypical, shallow and a waste of everyone’s time.

If a guy voted for Trump, you still need to know more before you can hate them. Same for guy who voted for Biden. Sorry folks, we all need to give each other way more credit than one issue, or even 10 issues. It’s true. No two facists or communists are the same.

- And upgrades to apps that just make them more cumbersome and stupid. Fixing what ain’t broken (or its cousin, upgrades to software.). Annoys the s out of me. Just leave some shit alone for a few years once in a while.
  • Vera Mont
    And upgrades to apps that just make them more cumbersome and stupid. Fixing what ain’t broken (or its cousin, upgrades to software.). Annoys the s out of me. Just leave some shit alone for a few years once in a while.Fire Ologist

YESSS!!!
  • Mikie
    Bad writing.

An example of awful fucking writing (a typical intro):

Sitting on a park bench, Alfred James Michael Desmando McGillicuddy IV watched the clouds in the cerulean sky with a forlorn mien.

——

Why does every shitty story begin this way? The form is always the same— the names and actions and adjectives change, sometimes better sometimes worse. But always the same boring form.

Example of an interesting intro:

“The great fish moved silently through the night water, propelled by short sweeps of its crescent tail.”

First sentence of Jaws.

Great fish. Moved silently. Night water. That’s good writing.

Fuck all this boring shit. That goes for bestselling writers too.
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.