• javi2541997

Hello again, friend. I have some interesting news which I recently read. Have you ever taken CBD after eating? I decided to start taking CBD after lunch because the following scientific paper motivated me to do so. Here is the main web page: CBD Blog

Should You Take CBD Oil Before or After Meals? There is research that found taking CBD oil with high-fat foods can increase CBD bioavailability. One study reported that bioavailability can be increased four-fold by taking CBD with a high-fat and high-calorie meal compared to taking CBD on an empty stomach.
    The reason is that cannabis cannabinoids are lipid-soluble, so taking the CBD oil with or in foods with dietary lipids like butter, whole milk or vegetable oil increases bioavailability. You can also take CBD oil mixed with oil like sesame oil to increase bioavailability. Researchers found the primary mechanism for the increased bioavailability is due to the transport of the CBD via the intestinal lymphatic system rather than the liver.

I have put in practice the scientific research, and I can say that it is better for me to take CBD after lunch rather than in the night just before to go to sleep. It is difficult to explain, but it is true that the biodiversity kicks in harder. I mean, it feels more active in my nervous system and the relax comes quickly and efficiently. :up:
  • 0 thru 9
    Thanks! That’s good to hear how well it is working for you. That helps me know I’m not imagining the positive effects because of some pipe dream lol.

I have found the same conclusion that fats really make cannabis absorb better in the body.
    I wonder if some CBD gets stored in the fat cells to be used later when needed most?
    Like a secret stash. :snicker:
  • 0 thru 9
    I’ve long thought that firing people (or not hiring them at all) for cannabis use is stupid and unfair.
    As long as the person shows up for work ready and sober, what’s the problem?
    People have been going to work Monday after getting tipsy or drunk on the weekends for over 3,000 years. :lol:

Here’s an article that suggests some overdue changes are beginning to happen.
  • Outlander
    I thought this thread was titled 'All things Cannibal' and became intrigued. Alas.

It was fun growing up and remains a fine way to pass or enhance the time if you really needed to I suppose. Whether due to the brain fog, racing or unusual thoughts, or the fact they check to make sure, it's fallen out of favor with me personally in recent years.
  • jorndoe
    Could be of interest here:

Cannabis in Canada: Debunking myths about the real impacts of legalization
    — Michael J Armstrong · The Conversation · Oct 9, 2023

Public "don't drink and drive" ads have been supplemented with "don't smoke and drive" ads. The report doesn't really have anything drastic, though kids might need attention (that's my main takeaway).

On the other hand ...

New Zealand passes world-first tobacco law to ban smoking for next generation
    — Tess McClure · The Guardian · Dec 13, 2022

Oddly enough perhaps, both legislative efforts make some sense.
  • 0 thru 9

Thanks for the informative articles! Yes, caution is always a good thing.
    Especially with driving, and THC candy gummies around kids. :up:
  • 0 thru 9
    As for good online dealers to buy CBD (in USA)… I’ve had several good experiences with
    wholesalecbdflower.com

Also, at the moment there’s a BF sale until Monday… 60% off.

(Not affiliated with this website… unfortunately :grin: )
  • 0 thru 9
    I recently purchased some CBD Isolate powder. I guess you could call it ‘pure CBD’.
    Wanted to try it for laughs and out of curiosity, and also if I needed to go ‘completely THC free’ (shudder! :lol: ) for getting a job that demanded complete squareness lol.

I tried a home THC test recently and failed, and I have only been consuming CBD hemp that was below the .3% THC legal limit.
    Probably cuz i was taking two heaping spoons per day!
    You can definitely feel a nice buzz from legal hemp… which is nice, but caution is understandably needed.

About the CBD isolate…
    Wow, I really like it! The CBD isolate powder is by its nature extremely powerful, so must be diluted somehow.
    Cannabis is fat-soluble, and is absorbed better when consumed with fats, so I diluted it in oil.

It’s great for a quick ‘mellow-out’ and pain relief. I can exercise a lot more, because it relieves the soreness that would normally force me to take several days off to recover.
    When dissolved in vegetable oil (MCT, grapeseed, olive etc) is has no taste except from the oil.

So put the CBD + oil in a dropper bottle, it’s so easy to take a little dose without gagging on the strong hemp taste.
    (I’m partial to edibles or also putting CBD oil in a candle. Don’t like the traditional smoking method).
    I even take a couple drops in the middle of the night, when my mind is spinning while trying to solve every problem in the universe lol.

CBD isolate powder… highly recommended by this amateur mystical pothead.
    Buying in bulk saves 70% or more off the overpriced stuff that’s generally for sale.

I’m still learning about all the many wonderful varieties of cannabis for sale…
    It’s confusing sometimes, with all the labels, terminology, laws etc.
    Learning about cannabis is really a joint effort. :snicker:

Full spectrum CBD is made from hemp flower buds, and has trace amounts of THC (or more), and thus may show up on a drug test.

Broad spectrum CBD is made from pure CBD isolate (if the package labeling is correct) and will not show up on a drug test.

Article about the CBD variations here.
  • 0 thru 9
    About taking ‘pure CBD’, I was curious if it could provide me enough of a buzz like the other forms of cannabis I’ve tried.

The answer is thankfully… YES, it can.

The ‘buzz’ is different and mellower, but enough to really get in a good relaxed state of mind to play music, meditate, concentrate…
    Less giggling, spacy-ness, and munchies than with anything that has even trace amounts of THC.

I’ve read and experienced that CBD actually suppresses the appetite.
    Who needs a prescription drug like Wegovy? :razz:

But pure CBD seems to offer a very calm, focused, and enjoyable experience.
    Pain relief and inflammation reduction is a wonderful cherry on top.
    Your mileage may vary…

And as a side benefit, overdoing alcohol consumption has absolutely no attraction to me now.
    (Though I completely understand the need people have to ‘take the edge off’ and to lose themselves for a while… )

CBD / THC are an intriguing Yin / Yang combo…

I know that some people wish or need to avoid THC at certain times, for various reasons.
    THC is very powerful, of course.

But CBD (as is well-known) has medical and psychological benefits for almost everyone.
    Even pets can chill on CBD. :halo:
  • 0 thru 9
    To wax philosophical about cannabis…

I’m surely not the first to say so, but I think we are trained and encouraged to consume as much as possible.

From another recent thread, I wrote:

The opposite (but reinforcing) civilization trend is murkier to describe, but I’d say it is a bias against simplicity, sharing, not consuming, and well… against happiness itself.
    Happy people are satisfied in a deep way, and will probably not feel the need to buy things and consume mass quantities.
    A person who is afraid, in pain, confused, competitive, envious, anxious etc is an ideal consumer.

If one were to see many ‘strangers’ going around lovingly and unselfconsciously hugging one another, and asking if they are feeling well, that would be a sign that something in our culture has dramatically changed.
    The fact that that statement sounds humorous shows how ingrained these habits are, even in those who are trying to see beyond them.
    https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/comment/880208

So each of us from waking consciousness as a child probably finds themselves as vaguely lonely and feeling like an outsider, at least some of the time.
    Those happy times and feelings are held onto, almost desperately, if the stress and confusion seem to keep increasing.
    If your parents are divorcing, and the bullies find you an easy target, and you can’t afford nice clothes…
    It’s easy to seek something to feel better… something trusted and good, and available.

Let’s say it’s food, sweets, pizza, and such…
    So you eat some of that and you feel better. You eat more and feel relief.
    You eat even more and you wonder if you’ve overdone it, since you are gaining weight and don’t feel so healthy.
    Your blood sugar levels go up and down erratically, making you feel lethargic and moody.
    Maybe something else will help?

You maybe think that some alcohol will do the trick…
    (You can probably see where this is heading… )

OK smartypants… how would cannabis be any better or different than those things mentioned above?

Well… what if cannabis (either CBD alone, or in combination with some THC) could possibly help someone simply feel good to be alive?
    To alleviate the anxiety for a few hours?
    To hear the birds chirping as though you’re hearing it for the first time as a child?

What if it just a pinch of that odd little plant from outer space helps you not so much
    escape reality, as accept reality?

What if?
    What then?
    :chin:
  • AmadeusD
    What if it just a pinch of that odd little plant from outer space helps you not so much
    escape reality, as accept reality?
    0 thru 9

I believe this answers (inter alia..):

how would cannabis be any better or different than those things mentioned above?0 thru 9

The other, more important, is that it is integrative. Generally, other vices can't readily be incorporated into a productive and working lifestyle (i speak from rather embarrassingly intense experience across multi-drug additions). Cannabis can provide the opposite effect for some, a non-effect (in this sense) for others, and for a small group, can cause the same issues that are standard with other substances and habits. I think for a huge number of people Cannabis does little more than shut up the inner critic for a bit. Gives some room to work on things without hte fight/flight response.
  • 0 thru 9

Thanks for your reply! :smile:

Yes, that’s an excellent point… it interacts differently with each person. Even for me, CBD with a little THC won’t be exactly the same every time. I’m learning to accept that. I think it does what it needs to.

Sometimes there’s a flood of feelings that are very intense, almost like waking from an emotional dream. It can be unpleasant, but now I call it ‘cathartic’ and that helps. The feelings had to come out. I’m like most guys… a little emotionally constipated lol. Cannabis opens the doors to my own mind and heart. I don’t know how, but it does its thing and makes me a better person. :sparkle:
  • 0 thru 9
    About taking ‘pure CBD’, I was curious if it could provide me enough of a buzz like the other forms of cannabis I’ve tried.

The answer is thankfully… YES, it can.
    0 thru 9

Haha… I might have to amend that somewhat premature statement.
    100% pure CBD is wonderful, it reduces anxiety and stress levels while stopping pain and inflammation.
    It’s great when you don’t want any giggles or spacy feelings like with THC.

But now after trying it extensively while stopping THC, I wouldn’t call it a buzz.
    I’d just call it relaxation and pain reduction and enhanced mental focus.
    I think before when I made the initial judgment, I still had some THC circulating.

After a week using only CBD, I felt fine… except for this odd nagging feeling that I was having difficulty really experiencing feelings, thoughts, and ideas like I did when using small doses of THC hemp oil.
    I felt slightly separated from my deeper self, if that makes any sense.

After a year and a half of using it, I’d become so used to having a flow of creativity and feelings that when it slowed to a trickle, I really missed it.
    So now I’m back to using just enough THC to get in the ‘zone’, along with plenty of CBD.
    And that feels just about right. :smile:
    (Your mileage may vary lol).
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.