• Benj96
    I'm just curious. Why did tpf change from purple to green? Is there some symbolism or meaning behind the colour change? As well as the new blue colour of mentions.

This is more a Q for the admins I guess. Personally I like the development as green is my favourite colour, but I'm wondering if it is a statement/something of significance - like environment/nature or eco sentiments, or is it merely a random change-up based on being tired with the old purple colour.
  • Jamal
    merely a random change-up based on being tired with the old purple colourBenj96

:up:

No symbolism.

By the way I've moved this to the Feedback section.
  • Jamal
    Also, I was procrastinating.
  • javi2541997
    Why did tpf change from purple to green?Benj96

Spring chill vibes. Maybe, in the fall, TPF colour will switch to ochre or orange.
  • Jamal
    Unfortunately we have members who are in the southern hemisphere, so that would not be fair.

EDIT: I could have worded that better.
  • javi2541997
    You are right. We have to avoid using colours as a privilege. Art will be free to all of us, and green stays forever! :cool:
  • Jamal
    :up:

In the old forum users could pick their own theme but we can’t implement that here. We can’t even change the background colour of the main discussion area—the white is too bright for me but there’s nothing I can do.
  • javi2541997
    No problem! It is enough effort to manage and administer this site. Colours are accessories. :up:
  • Mikie
    I like it. Very Irish.
  • Jamal
    The complementary blue, rather than orange, is designed to undermine any suggestions of Irishness.
  • Mikie

Well it’s failed.

No— looks good. “They say geniuses pick green.”
  • Benj96
    The complementary blue, rather than orange, is designed to undermine any suggestions of Irishness.Jamal

Haha lol.

Well even despite it's lack of intended symbolism I like Green. It is balanced; being in the center of the visible colour spectrum and has the largest range/scope of wavelengths of any colour. It frequently has association with equilibrium and harmony - a notion I concord with balanced/even measured argument.

So I think it is fitting of the philosophical endeavour.
  • Christoffer
    I would opt for a slightly greener green, a bit more saturation, less teal :sweat:
  • TheMadMan
    Unfortunately we have members who are in the southern hemisphereJamal
    ¡ǝʇɐɯ ʎǝʞᴉɹƆ
  • Christoffer
    ¡ǝʇɐɯ ʎǝʞᴉɹƆTheMadMan

You forgot to buy a southern hemisphere keyboard.
  • jgill
    From Psychology Today:

The scientific research is clear about the psychological implications of looking at greens generally. Studies have shown that seeing the color green is linked to enhanced creative thinking.

In this regard the forum needs all the help it can get. :cool:
  • Banno
    Meh. It's political.
  • ssu
    Aha!

So now we see the true colours of PF. Green.

Wonder when we will have flaming red.

Or black.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube