• Mikie
    God this is fucking embarrassing.
  • Mikie
    Well he’s making it pretty easy for Kamala, who’s an awful actress.
  • Eros1982
    Kamala started very poorly, but she was the winner tonight.

Her "opportunity plan" is a disaster in the making (a big blow to the already tortured middle-class Americans). Nonetheless, since Trump did not offer any other plans apart from deporting immigrant slaves, she had a greater appeal.

The big loser tonight was ABC News. That Fbi report the journalist mentioned, about lower crimes on national level, is a total bs if someone keeps in mind that liberals tend to make legal many things conservatives make illegal (so when you legalize cannabis and abortion you definitely may have 40 million less "criminals" in the whole nation). Definition is also the reason why US looks much better than Europe when it comes to corruption (cause in some European countries if a mayor receives a sandwich from a voter that's called corruption, whereas in the US you may receive millions in donations and you may be considered the most ethical mayor). In short, Americans do not care what Fbi and Abc will report. For as long as they see armed robberies and murders in their towns, they do think that crimes are a serious problem.

Thanks to ABC bad journalism and Trump's irrelevance, too little attention was paid to Kamala's "opportunity plan" (that as I said here is not directed to the middle class, but to the poorest people and single mothers). Urban living, farming, life expectancy, food industry, general health issues, labor ethics, AI, education and infrastructure were not mentioned at all. Crimes were not taken seriously by the ABC. The national debt was not mentioned, whereas on environment Kamala Harris said the biggest lie: i.e. Joe Biden and she have spent trillions on stopping climate change, when the truth is that they spent 3 trillion on covid relief, they passed a bill of 800 billion on infrastructure and to this day less than 20% of that bill has been invested by the US government. Surely, the ABC journalists did not bother to fact check Kamala's big lie tonight. She even promised to produce more local oil.

I won't bother to vote, but it would be unfair to blame only republicans or democrats if this country becomes less democratic and less thriving. A lot of blaming should go to our journalists as well.
  • Mikie
    It’s a good example of what this is all about: Trump is a dangerous, incoherent imbecile. Anyone with a couple brain cells realize you gotta vote against that.

Harris could have been replaced with a mannequin and still win.
  • creativesoul
    Man, it would have been nice to have Bernie up there with Trump just once.
    3 hours ago
    Mikie

Clear lines in the sand are Bernie's strongest suit. That would have been reeeeel nice.

She was nervous, but delivered okay. Trump can sling a lot of shit around in a short amount of time.

The Haitian immigrant fiction is particularly interesting to me. Against what the city manager says, Trump presupposes he is somehow, in some way, privy to much greater knowledge about that city than the guy who manages it. This is akin to his claims that he knows more than the generals in the armed forces. Unbelievable...
  • praxis
    “Tulsi, you’re fired!”
  • Mikie
    Trump is so old and his bullshit is so tiresome after 9 years, I think many people will vote for Harris just so they won’t ever have to hear from this guy again.
  • Mikie
    Taylor Swift has endorsed Harris.

“It’s over.”
  • 180 Proof
    Taylor Swift has endorsed Harris.

“It’s over.”
    Mikie
    :sweat: :up:
  • Benkei
    He'll be back in 4 years.
  • NOS4A2
    Kamala won that debate. She is far superior at the political act, groomed as she was to be a puppet. It was pure skill or she got the debate questions beforehand. But her lies went unchecked, allowed to list off the common anti-Trump hoaxes. She even said something like J6 was the worst attack on the US since the civil war, and on the eve of 9/11. She’s a brick, but she can play the part, and sometimes that’s all people want.
  • Benkei
    But her lies went unchecked, allowed to list off the common anti-Trump hoaxes.NOS4A2

What lies and hoaxes? Be specific instead of vague aspersions.
  • praxis
    She even said something like J6 was the worst attack on the US since the civil war, and on the eve of 9/11.NOS4A2

You consider 9/11 an attack on American democracy?
  • NOS4A2

“Bloodbath” was a lie, the “very fine people” hoax, that he is going to implement Project 2025, that he wants a national abortion ban, that he wants to ban IVF, that he incited a crowd to storm the capitol, that police died on that day, that J6 was the worst attack on America since the civil war.
  • Tzeentch
    Your choice is between Psychopath A and Psychopath B, and whatever groups of psychopaths they represent.

People may seek to keep Psychopath [Orange] out of the Oval Office, but everyone ought to understand it'd be a pyhrric victory at best.

The US political establishment is still the enemy of all things good and just.

Had I lived in the States, I wouldn't vote. There is no lesser evil. Just different flavors.
  • Mikie
    There is no lesser evil.Tzeentch

Yeah, actually there is. Trump is the greater evil. Don’t overthink it.
  • Tzeentch
    Comparing the Trump and Biden presidency, I think there's zero basis to argue that Trump was worse in any meaningful way.
  • Mikie
    I think there's zero basis to argue that Trump was worse in any meaningful way.Tzeentch

To pick one: environment. The IRA was meaningful, and has (and will continue to have, unless somehow dismantled if Trump is elected) meaningful impacts on a transition to less emissions— yes, despite current levels of oil production.

To say nothing about actions at the EPA, SEC, FTC, and NLRB— which have been surprisingly good. Oh and the education department’s canceling of student debt has been fantastic, despite the courts blocking much of that effort.

It takes effort not to see differences, unless there’s some real partisan skewering of perception.
  • Tzeentch
    I didn't say there weren't any differences.

I know environmentalism is very important to you. The Biden administration's colossal failures of diplomacy vis-á-vis Ukraine and Israel are very important to me.
  • praxis
    that he wants a national abortion banNOS4A2

The abortion issue is a political tool for him, he wants whatever benefits him the most and that’s why he refused to answer when asked if he would veto a national ban.
  • NOS4A2

What national abortion ban?
  • Mikie
    The Biden administration's colossal failures of diplomacy vis-á-vis Ukraine and Israel are very important to me.Tzeentch

Understandable. It's important to me too, and Biden has been an utter failure in that respect. It's the one area that Trump may (accidentally) be better for the world. I don't see how he'd be any better on Israel, but perhaps I've missed something.
  • Mikie
    What national abortion ban?NOS4A2

A ban can be enacted under the Comstock Act, if the DOJ (at the president's direction) so chooses. I doubt the Supreme Court would stop it. It's a very real possibility. The fact that Trump is backing away from the rhetoric because he sees at as the political liability that it is means exactly nothing.
  • praxis
    What national abortion ban?NOS4A2

"There's no reason to sign a ban because we have gotten what everyone wanted," Trump said.

I’m pretty sure that the 170,000 women who were forced to travel out of state for abortions last year didn’t want what Trump gave them.

I’m certain that all the pro-life folks aren’t pleased with the fact that the abortion rate hasn’t decreased by much if at all since the Dobbs decision.
  • Tzeentch
    I don't see how he'd be any better on Israel, [...]Mikie

Neither do I, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the Biden administration carries responsibility for things going to hell in a handbasket on their watch.
  • Mikie
    doesn't take away from the fact that the Biden administration carries responsibility for things going to hellTzeentch

:up:
  • 180 Proof
    Had I lived in the States, I wouldn't vote.Tzeentch
    In that case it wouldn't matter on wit that you'd lived here. :mask:

Kamala won that debate.NOS4A2
    :victory: Yes, the next POTUS sure did.

Trump is the greater evil. Don’t overthink it.Mikie
    :up: :up:

Like Ronald Reagan (whom I loathed), Kamala Harris is, if anything (besides highly competent), a happy warrior. :strong: :cool:
  • Mikie
    “They’re eating the DOGS!”
  • RogueAI

At the Shanksville Fire Station, @POTUS spoke about the country's bipartisan unity after 9/11 and said we needed to get back to that'. Bates added: 'As a gesture, he gave a hat to a Trump supporter who then said that in the same spirit, POTUS should put on his Trump cap. He briefly wore it'
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2024/sep/12/joe-biden-dons-trump-hat-in-show-of-unity-at-event-commemorating-911-video
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.