• Tzeentch
    You don't understand what MOA is then because a scope doesn't change it. You can aim with a scope all you want, the bullets are simply going all over the place within the MOA.Benkei

Have you ever touched a gun, ?
  • Benkei
    Yes. Ak-47 actually.
  • Tzeentch
    So you understand that firing at a torso-shaped target at 500 yards with iron sights is pretty tough, correct?
  • Benkei
    No, that depends on the gun. Give me a scoped Daniel Defense Delta 5 Pro and I will hit 9/10 at 500y.
  • Tzeentch
    I asked about iron sights. Previously I also asked about how you would feel about taking the place of the torso-shaped target in the Type-56 video, since apparently you seem believe 500 yards is outside of effective range.

'Just a nothing burger', mhm.

Anyway, I honestly don't know how you could argue that when you have a video infront of you of a shooter delivering accurate fire at up to 500 yards without a scope with a gun that's not his.
  • praxis
    There is a bigger probability to read something negative about Trump on conservative media, than reading something negative about Kamala on liberal media.Eros1982

Could you provide a link or two to negative stories about Trump on conservative media?
  • Benkei
    Accurate? He misses a stationary target more often than not.
  • Tzeentch
    This is unlike you.

A page ago you were arguing an AK can't hit shit at 200m 'because of MOA'. Do you stand by that?
  • Mr Bee
    That was very stupid of him. But, I am wondering: does this guy take any advices from other people?Eros1982

He does but that doesn't mean he listens to them. He even said it himself in one of his rallies that they keep telling him to focus on policy instead of personal attacks... before going on personal attacks.

The problem with trying to give him advice is that he ultimately rejects the very premise of it. It implies that 1) other people know something he doesn't and 2) he has to follow what they say. For someone with his ego, it's completely unacceptable.
  • Paine

That presentation is also a vital part of the call and response that unfolds at his rallies. He polls the crowd to ask how he should respond to his 'managers'. He gets to stand inside and outside of the operation at the same time. Using one register for x and the other for y. Ventriloquism of the highest order.
  • NOS4A2
    Much ado has been made about Trump’s comments about Springfield, which they claimed led to a series of supposed bomb threats. The idea is that Trump says something, bad things happen, in a form that goes “before this therefor because of this”. Biden himself expressed his horror.

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/sep/13/springfield-ohio-bomb-threat

It turns out all 33 of these threats were hoaxes from overseas. The media’s incessant reporting on the topic appears to give those who would wish to hoax Americans an angle of attack, in this instance fake bomb threats in Springfield Ohio. Hilarious.
  • Paine

The damage done to the community falsely vilified by a Presidential ticket is reprehensible regardless of whether it leads to violence or not. The fear is real enough.
  • NOS4A2

Falsely protecting them does nothing for the concerns of everyday voters who live there. Springfield is not a sanctuary city and when an estimated 20,000 people show up in a town of 60,000 rumors are the least of your worries. The damage is done and it’s the administration’s fault.
  • Paine

You follow the lack of concern for people exemplified by your Leader. Amplifying lies is not moral behavior, especially while holding a large megaphone.
  • Fooloso4

And then there is Vance who openly admits lying in order to get attention.
  • Paine

I cried "fire" in the theater because I need to clean up the mess in the first three aisles.
  • Fooloso4

Good analogy!

Vance knows full well that the problem with such lies is that the MAGA - nauts will believe it and act on it. Vance may be unscrupulous but he is not stupid.
  • unenlightened
    Can you translate Marcuse into English for me?
  • NOS4A2

You follow the lack of concern for people exemplified by your Leader. Amplifying lies is not moral behavior, especially while holding a large megaphone.

Yet when Biden, Clinton, the FBI, the media, or Kamala does it you’re silent. Your concern is so sporadic it shows up only when it benefits you.
  • Paine

I don't recall when any of those people slandered a specific community in this way. It is the degradation that you keep ignoring.
  • Mr Bee
    Springfield was one of the many dying towns back during 2016 (one of the places that would've voted for Trump back then on his false promise to bring back jobs) before being revitalized as immigrants started coming in and bringing much needed labor to the region. This isn't to say that the infrastructure isn't being strained as a result of such a large influx of people, but there's a reason why the mayor of Springfield and the governor of Ohio, both Republicans, aren't pushing for mass deportations like the rest of their party are.
  • NOS4A2

Relaying the concerns of voters is what politicians should do and is entirely moral. It’s not Trump bringing up specific communities and subjecting them to any degradation. He never mentioned where they were from, who they were, that they were a “specific community”. So that’s a lie.
  • Paine
    He never mentioned where they were from, who they were, that they were a “specific community”. So that’s a lie.NOS4A2

“Twenty-thousand illegal Haitian immigrants have descended on a town of 58,000 people, destroying their way of life. This was a beautiful community, now it’s ah —” Trump said. “Residents are reporting that the migrants are walking off with the town’s geese. They're taking the geese. You know where the geese are, in the park. And even walking off with their pets.”azcentral press

Trump changes the denigration of the first message to match the defense Vance is giving for lying about it. They are a team now. Try to keep up.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.