• NOS4A2
    Watch the spin. They’ve radicalized themselves and their obsequious base into a corner. They’re the authoritarians they’ve been warning us about. Even though one of their fellow panicked brethren committed the act, one way or another this will be Trump’s fault.

Prosecute their political opponents, excise their political opponents from the ballot, attempt to remove their own democratically-elected candidate from the race, violate the bill of rights and constitution from every corner. Assassination was all they had left. They failed even that.
  • Mikie
    :rofl:

The hysterics are amazing.
  • Michael
    Even though one of their fellow panicked brethren committed the act, one way or another this will be Trump’s fault.NOS4A2

Surely the only person whose fault it is is the shooter?

And who do you even mean by “they”?
  • Lionino
    The hysterics are amazing.Mikie

Not the guy who thinks the world will end because of combustions engine cars.
  • 180 Proof
    I despair of the American situation.Amity
    Apparently, so did a registered Republican nutjob (allowed to be?) on a rooftop with an AR-15. :mask:
  • Echarmion
    If I was religious, I'd assume god really is on Trump's side. The last couple of weeks were an amazing string of successes for his campaign.

First the SC giving Trump very wide ranging immunity.

Then Biden exposing his mental decline at the debate, followed by a disastrously uncoordinated response in the democratic party. Weeks on the democrats have still not managed to form a united front, but did manage to further damage their (current) candidate.

And now a failed assassination attempt, leaving him hurt but only lightly injured. His reaction to this was also very good. He managed to show some restraint and called for unity, which is an unusually savvy move.

Not to be callous about the assassination attempt (I'm glad he survived) but it's hard to imagine a bigger boon for his campaign than the image of a martyr.
  • Mr Bee
    If I was religious, I'd assume god really is on Trump's side.Echarmion

If I was religious I'd be denouncing my own faith about now to be honest.

Well America good luck with your new king I guess. At this point I'm just trying to find a nice seat for myself to watch as society continues to burn itself to the ground.
  • RogueAI
    If I was religious, I'd assume god really is on Trump's side.Echarmion

Or Luck of the Devil?
  • NOS4A2

They tried censoring him, removing him from the ballot, putting him in jail. They wanted Trump to be assassinated. That much is clear. But now we have to watch their solemn play-acting as they deplore political violence and murder.
  • Mikie
    Joe Biden said some words, and thus he tried assassinating Trump. I remember someone railing against such logic.

It’s as if there’s no consistency or principle whatsoever. :chin:

Anyway — criminals should be in jail and insurrectionists probably shouldn’t be on the ballot and private companies can censor anyone they want, particularly those who incite an insurrection. But nice Gish gallop.
  • RogueAI

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/03/11/pence-trump-endangered-my-family-on-jan-6-00086664

"“I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”"
  • NOS4A2

Everyone has a right to contest or doubt an election, unless it was Biden, of course.
  • fishfry

As usual you confuse what Trump SAYS from what he DOES.

He's a negotiator. He puts up skyscrapers in Manhattan. How do you know he wasn't expecting his statement to go out to prospective migrants, and make them decide to stay home/

You can't prove otherwise. You can't actually cite statistics on what was in Obama or Trump's heart for each of the families separated and kids caged.

Instead you choose to judge Trump on his words, and not on his actions, which were in fact no different than Obamas. He used Obama's cages for God's sake, you can't say with a straight face that they were Lightbringer cages when Obama stuck kids in them and Orange Hitler cages when Trump did it.

You're operating from emotion, choosing to overreact to Trump's words, because you can't cite facts in his actual actions.

You have no credibility when you do this, because the left has been doing this for eight years. Just think taco bowl tweet. The left went ballistic. I took one look at that, cracked up laughing, and said, "Trump is a master troll and a brilliant performance artist!"

That's the deal. I get Trump. If he does something wrong, he did something wrong. I'm just not emotionally trigged by the guy, and many on the left are. And that clouds their, and your, judgment.
  • fishfry
    Ask yourself how the Capitol police would respond to black or brown people. I doubt very much they’d be “letting them in,” to the extent that that even happened (you know, apart from breaking windows and ramming down doors).Mikie

You mean when a black cop shot an unarmed young white woman to death? If the races were reversed we'd still be having riots.

But nevermind— just go on pretending it the insurrection was nothing. Years from now I’m sure it’ll be remembered as a tour — in conservative media anyway.Mikie

Time will tell. If there's justice in the universe, there will be justice for J6.
  • Mikie
    He's a negotiator. He puts up skyscrapers in Manhattan.fishfry

:lol:

Why anyone bothers talking to Trumpers is puzzling. But I puzzle myself— as I keep doing it.

Ask yourself how the Capitol police would respond to black or brown people. I doubt very much they’d be “letting them in,” to the extent that that even happened (you know, apart from breaking windows and ramming down doors).
    — Mikie

You mean when a black cop shot an unarmed young white woman to death?
    fishfry

No, I mean how the Capitol police would respond to black or brown people. I doubt very much they’d be “letting them in,” to the extent that that even happened (you know, apart from breaking windows and ramming down doors).
  • fishfry
    No, I mean how the Capitol police would respond to black or brown people. I doubt very much they’d be “letting them in,” to the extent that that even happened (you know, apart from breaking windows and ramming down doors).Mikie

So your best argument against me is a hypothetical scenario you just made up. If you had actual facts, or an actual argument, you'd make it.

Well I'm taking the day off from partisanship so thanks for the chat.
  • RogueAI
    The link is not about Trump, it's about Jeff Sessions.

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Monday that he hopes the administration's new policy that separates children from their parents will serve as a deterrent to other immigrants considering crossing the border illegally."

To recap: the Trump Admin started a new zero-tolerance policy to separate all families as a deterrent. This had never been done before and was ended just a few weeks after the public found out. Do you see how that is different than what Biden and Obama were doing?
  • Benkei
    Instead you choose to judge Trump on his words, and not on his actions, which were in fact no different than Obamas. He used Obama's cages for God's sake, you can't say with a straight face that they were Lightbringer cages when Obama stuck kids in them and Orange Hitler cages when Trump did it.fishfry

False.

Some cages were built by Obama and some children were separated under exceptional circumstances. Trump wrote a blanket policy to prosecute all illegal border crossers which resulted in a blanket separation of kids from their families. A lot more cages were build. There's your "action" to judge.
  • Benkei
    Time will tell. If there's justice in the universe, there will be justice for J6.fishfry

That's not how justice works. You have to actively work for it but I guess if you vote in the US you have to pretend justice is released like manna from the heavens because your political system is currently incapable of protecting it.
  • jorndoe
    Floor fights, boos and a too-long kiss. How the dramatic and the bizarre define convention history (— Will Weissert · AP · Jul 15, 2024)

:D I wonder how Gore would have fared.

They’ve … their … They’re … they’ve … their
    their … their … their … they … They failed even that
    NOS4A2
    They … They wanted Trump to be assassinated … theirNOS4A2

:D

qjojhoygpccm6s6z.jpg
  • Lionino
    7FvriXr.png
    Saw this graph. Not sure if it is true
  • jorndoe
    they’reNOS4A2

:D "They" are out to get'im. Crooks certainly was (he fits in a US pattern). "They" didn't miss John Lennon. :/ (by the way, surely Gore has more wits than Bush)
  • 180 Proof
    15July24

(Day 15 of the American Monarchy)

Roevember 2024:

POTUS Biden & VP Harris
    (plutocratic neoliberals) :zip:

versus

The Criminal Clown DJT & MAGA-bitch J.D. Vance
    (autocratic neofascists) :down:
  • AmadeusD
    Mikie still not capable of a rational thought.

Oh well.

The last three days have been wild. Trump will win. It will be a fun watch, and its a shame there are dickheads across the USA who think it's such a dire situation that some kind of "society burning down" is going to occur.

It's utterly bewildering that people as intensely dull as is required to make that type of comment are in fact, capable of operation modern technology. But here we are. 180. Mikie. Benkei. The whole crew! I implore all of you to remember that you can actually speak to other humans without being dimwits.
  • jorndoe
    Apparently, there are some worries in Canada about the US (2024Jun11), nothing high up on the agenda, but reported nonetheless.

auzj1bj533lgv14e.jpg
    (2020Jul11)
  • Mikie
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/15/us/trump-rnc-news-biden

JD Vance. Goofy choice.

Anyway — remember when I said this would die down in a week? Well make it’s a few days, because once Trump gets up to talk, we’re right back to normal. Polls are still close.

Trump has everything going his way right now, against a weak opponent— and he’ll still likely lose. Too bad the RNC have no values or principles.
  • frank
    l. They wanted Trump to be assassinated.NOS4A2

I don't know about them, but I sure did.
  • Lionino
    The issue about you folx/folkettes is that you always stay in the "wanted"
  • Wayfarer
    As I said in the Trump thread, the assassination attempt is a big plus for the Trump campaign. Not to suggest for one minute it was planned or staged - it genuinely appears to be the act of an irrational loner - but that it plays right into the hands of 'martyr' and 'deep state conspiracy'. Many of his supporters will see it like that regardless of the facts.

Still hoping Biden passes the torch.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.