• Mikie
    McConnell booed at the convention.

Not because he’s an awful human being and did irreversible harm to the United States and the world— but because he wasn’t stupid enough. Didn’t go along with the fantasies of a stolen election and J6 being a “peaceful tout” and Trump being an innocent man. Booo!!

The Republicans are the party of idiots. But they are the party of creationists and climate deniers, so this should have been known years ago. The transition to the MAGA cult was only natural.
  • fishfry
    "Attorney General Jeff Sessions told Fox News' Laura Ingraham on Monday that he hopes the administration's new policy that separates children from their parents will serve as a deterrent to other immigrants considering crossing the border illegally."RogueAI

Again, you are upset about words, something Sessions said on a right wing talk show. You can't prove he wasn't just saying that to (a) deter immigrants, or (b) suck up to the FOX news base. You are upset about what he SAID and you have once again presented no evidence about what he DID.

You just assume that Obama's heart is pure and Trump's is impure, and that causes you to not even realize that you are not making a substantive argument.

In the 1990's the Dems wanted to look tough on immigration, so they hardened and militarized the border (Hillary was front and center on that), leading to desperate immigrants dying of thirst in the desert. If you seek to paint Trump as lacking in human compassion for immigrants, you will have to come to terms with the Democrats' own cruelty. The Dems forced Mexico to run a war on the cartels in order to receive American economic aid, leading to many tens of thousands of deaths of Mexican citizens. The Democrats have an appalling human rights record regarding Mexico.

To recap: the Trump Admin started a new zero-tolerance policy to separate all families as a deterrent. This had never been done before and was ended just a few weeks after the public found out. Do you see how that is different than what Biden and Obama were doing?RogueAI

Your proof consists only of verbal statements, no proof as to what was actually done.

The Democrats have an absolutely appalling human rights record in Mexico. And you want to give Joe Biden as an example of human decency in Mexico? Motherf*cker is a child trafficker, I have repeatedly pointed this out. He doesn't waste time separating families, he just turns the kids over to their traffickers at the border.

You are just being a partisan shill, your argument is devoid of logic. "Orange Man say bad thing on television." That's the extent of your argument. While being willfully ignorant of Democratic human rights abuses on the border and within Mexico for decades.
  • AmadeusD
    I've seen several comments that our members wish death on Trump and liken him to Hitler

Can be 100% sure, without a shadow of a doubt this is not a politically savvy group.

That said, NOS is still being a supreme weirdo too.
  • fishfry
    Some cages were built by Obama and some children were separated under exceptional circumstances. Trump wrote a blanket policy to prosecute all illegal border crossers which resulted in a blanket separation of kids from their families. A lot more cages were build. There's your "action" to judge.Benkei

I'll see your Trump cages and raise you Clinton and Obama's militarization of the souther border, which has caused untold human misery. The Dems have a terrible human rights record re Mexico.
  • RogueAI
    Again, you are upset about words, something Sessions said on a right wing talk show.fishfry

As you know, people go to prison all the time over "words". The words of the Attorney General matter, regardless of where he's talking. The whole country was upset by the zero-tolerance immigration policy (the action behind the words), which is why the policy ended just weeks after people found out. Discussing this with you is pointless. You're beclowning yourself now.
  • fishfry
    That's not how justice works. You have to actively work for it but I guess if you vote in the US you have to pretend justice is released like manna from the heavens because your political system is currently incapable of protecting it.Benkei

We shall see. As Martin Luther King said, The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. Of course it can take a long time. Stalin sent a lot of people to the Gulag before the Soviet Union finally collapsed. There was justice, but not in time to help many individuals.
  • Tzeentch
    I don't know about them, but I sure did.frank

What did the guy do, other than being personally disliked by you, that makes him deserve to be assassinated?
  • fishfry
    The whole country was upset by the zero-tolerance immigration policy (the action behind the words), which is why the policy ended just weeks after people found out. Discussing this with you is pointless. You're beclowning yourself now.RogueAI

The country got upset because the MSM hysterically broadcast Trump's border crisis. I personally watched the same MSM be silent during Obama's identical border crisis in 2014.

What you think you are measuring is not national outrage, but media coverage. Protecting Obama in 2014 and attacking Trump in 2018. Pretty much the same humanitarian crisis.

You're beclowning yourself now.RogueAI

You're quite ignorant about the southern border and the striking difference in media coverage of Democratic versus Republican humanitarian crises on the border. You're ignorant of decades of Democratic militarization of the border leading to so much human misery both on the border and inside Mexico. All you care about is your little talking point. In the end you have no knowledge and no argument so you sling insults.

Nice chatting with you. All the best.
  • 180 Proof

Even Fox Noise ... :sweat:

I ain't worried about the MAGA Circus (or "Project 2025") ... just the next assassination attempt. :zip:
  • Michael
    I've seen several comments that our members wish death on Trump and liken him to HitlerAmadeusD

What's hilarious is that JD Vance, Trump's choice for Vice President, once likened Trump to Hitler.
  • Echarmion
    The last three days have been wild. Trump will win. It will be a fun watch, and its a shame there are dickheads across the USA who think it's such a dire situation that some kind of "society burning down" is going to occur.AmadeusD

There are also dickheads in the USA who are hoping and actively planning for society burning down.

And whatever one may think about Donald Trump as a person, the trajectory of the republican party as a whole is quite stark. There doesn't seem much of a doubt that the majority of active politicians in the republican party of 2024 is willing to use all legal and legalistic means available to deepen and secure it's power. Moderates have an increasingly hard time in this environment.

I mean they are endorsing a candidate who still refuses to accept the result of the last election. Sure Trump is popular and that's part of the reason. But it's also a conscious choice to engage in power politics without regards to democratic niceties. The outlook is no longer a classical liberal one.
  • frank
    I've seen several comments that our members wish death on TrumpAmadeusD

I don't think he's like Hitler. I'm just one of the millions of people who wish that shooter hadn't missed. Or how about just badly injured him so he'd have to be in rehab during the election, and after that, he'd be just fine. :halo:
  • Tzeentch
    Wishing death on people out of personal fancy is just poor character.

Point at something Trump did that makes him deserve to be assassinated. What illegal wars did he start? Which countries did he ruin? Which regions of the world did he plunge into chaos?

I doubt you'll get much further than "he said some words I didn't like." Compared to previous US presidents and even the current one, he's a lightweight when it comes to wanton destruction.
  • frank

I don't think he deserves to die. Like many, I just wish someone would assassinate him. I never claimed to be a saint.
  • Mikie
    Compared to previous US presidents and even the current one, he's a lightweight when it comes to wanton destruction.Tzeentch

Except the irreversible damage to the environment and taking us backwards on climate mitigation — which is already doing innumerable harms. Appointing a fossil fuel lawyer as head of the EPA probably does deserve the death penalty, morally — but I’m not in favor of assassination.

Of course none of that matters to his supporters, who are outright climate deniers. Including you. So I don’t pretend like reality matters to you.

Also take a look at his one legislative achievement: a massive tax break for corporate America, who he’s always slavishly served.

Or letting thousands die of Covid because he didn’t want to deal with it, saying it would be gone by Easter.

But other than that he was great.
  • NOS4A2
    Teamsters union president calls Trump ‘tough SOB’ in unprecedented speech at RNC

“Sean O’Brien thanks ex-president for ‘opening RNC’s doors’, breaking with most major unions who have backed Biden”

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/jul/15/teamsters-union-president-sean-obrien-rnc-trump-speech

I wager that the Democrat’s blue-collar support is bleeding out. I imagine they’re tired of that power hungry cult thieving their money for more boondoggle policies, and all that’s left are panty-wasted and woke soys. That party wants nothing to do with workers anymore unless it comes election time. It’s fun to watch.

Equally as hilarious are stalwart Republicans, like Trump’s would-be assassin, who have to watch as their former party gets invaded by instagram models and union bosses and the lgbt. Trump is reordering American politics, so it’s glorious to watch the party apparatchiks seethe.
  • jorndoe
    Biden incited them to shoot Trump. Isn’t that how it works?
    “We’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye."
    - Joe Biden
    NOS4A2
    Assassination was all they had left. They failed even that.NOS4A2
    They wanted Trump to be assassinated. That much is clear.NOS4A2

President Joe Biden says it was a ‘mistake’ to say he wanted to put a ‘bull’s-eye’ on Donald Trump (— Seung Min Kim, Mary Clare Jalonick, Aamer Madhani, Lisa Mascaro, Zeke Miller · AP · Jul 15, 2024)

Depending on who "They" are (again), it's not "clear".

a massive tax break for corporate America, who he’s always slavishly servedMikie

It's a bit ironic, having been put forth as the Messiah for "the little man". Well, the Clown cult operates differently.
  • NOS4A2

“They” is people like you, except plural.
  • Mikie
    panty-wasted and woke soysNOS4A2

The Trump cult, and most of the right wing, are obsessed with gender. “Woke soys” lol. I had to google what “soy” means in this context.

Obsession with whatever goofy ideas of masculinity they have — almost always a sign of latent homosexuality and subsequent fear. So it goes.
  • jorndoe
    , I didn't want to assassinate Clown McClown, let alone tried to. You have me confused with someone else, and have too many "They"s in your...comments.
  • Mikie

Our resident Trump cultist has exactly no principles or values. Just unadulterated party politics. And watered down Ayn Rand. But it’s always there for a laugh!
  • 180 Proof
    Point at something Trump did that makes him deserve to be assassinated.Tzeentch
    Nothing. He desires to die very slowly in excrutiating agony while fully aware of Sleepy Dark Brandon's 2nd inauguration, then mercifully expire a world-class loser on 21January25. That's what The Clown & his cult of worshipful idiots deserve.
  • NOS4A2

Sorry, I don’t believe you. Perhaps you should post more links.
  • Tzeentch
    Fantasizing about torture for the sake of a clown - well, where does that leave you? :brow:
  • 180 Proof
    No "fantasizing", just talking about what the orange shit "deserves" as you said.
  • Lionino
    Obsession with whatever goofy ideas of masculinity they have — almost always a sign of latent homosexuality and subsequent fearMikie

"If you point how I am oestrogenated it means you are obsessed with masculinity!"

Awful argument as always, Mikie-chan.

a3d5e1b1655fb10f975547e61a88bdff3ca439710a629679afaa814763cdb655_1.jpg
  • Lionino
    almost always a sign of latent homosexualityMikie

Strange though, is that supposed to be a bad thing?
  • Mikie
    No "fantasizing", just talking about what the orange shit "deserves" as you said.180 Proof

He probably does deserve to die, given the irreparable harm and deaths he has and will cause. But unlike the Trump cult, there are still principles worth adhering to. Like not assassinating people.
  • RogueAI
    almost always a sign of latent homosexuality
    — Mikie

Strange though, is that supposed to be a bad thing?
    Lionino

For a religious conservative? Yes.
  • Echarmion
    I don't think he deserves to die. Like many, I just wish someone would assassinate him. I never claimed to be a saint.frank

Not sure that'd improve matters for those opposed to Trumpism oder the republican platform to be honest.

I think a sufficiently ruthless politician armed with the spirit of Trump might end up much more effective at getting their way than Trump will ever be.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.