• javi2541997

To be honest with you... I wish one day I end up dying as Mishima (三島 由紀夫). His death and suicide was perfect and aesthetic. I don't know how to express myself but I have the same thought and feeling like him
  • universeness
    Again, propaganda. Don't follow the movement. Follow your own moves.Hillary

I do, but I don't have my own personal origin of the universe hypothesis, So I happily, look to the experts.
  • universeness
    I KNOW
    — universeness

Finally the universeness has seen the light! You're promoted to real universe! :lol:
    Hillary

Your playing again! :naughty:
  • Hillary
    I think that the movement now is towards the idea that particles don't exist at all and its all about fields and field fluctuations/disturbances/excitations/perturbations etcuniverseness

There are no "disturbances" or "perturbations" of fields. Only fluctuations or excitations. Fluctuations are virtual particles and excitations are real particles. Perturbations are used in calculating cross sections or scattering amplitudes. For bound states like protons, the perturbation approach can't be used. Discrete spacetime calculations in QCD are involved (Monte Carlo....). Took days, for a computer, to compute the spin of a proton!
  • universeness
    Many worlds just don't exist. So how can you assign them a credence level?Hillary

By applying what I consider rational thought. The same reason why I have such a low credence level for the god posit, which you know fine well so you are just repeating the same music. A different dance may result in new insight. The same old dance just gives everyone tired feet which are getting older and older every time the same ground is pointlessly covered.
  • Hillary
    Your playing again!universeness

You accuse again of playing! The usual approach. Everything you don't like is considered play. But Im serious. Now call this play again! :lol:
  • Hillary

I don't force you to dance! I just say you believe things just like theists. And even in the scientific realm!
  • Agent Smith
    It's easy: they seem to know what they talk about. They role play. That's why you are fooled by them... :grin:Hillary

Not entirely out of the realm of possibility; in fact it's likelihood is > 50% and that's a conservative estimate vis-à-vis my abilities to recognize experts/authorities.
  • Hillary
    By applying what I consider rational thoughtuniverseness

But many worlds are an irrational thought, a believe... But you're free to think it! Don't get me wrong. If it gives you solace. The many worlds are just worlds, gods, of the gaps. Totally unnecessary if you know the truth.
  • Hillary
    Not entirely out of the realm of possibility; in fact it's likelihood is > 50% and that's a conservative estimate vis-à-vis my abilities to recognize experts/authorities.Agent Smith

I can sniff so-called experts and authority from a mile! They have a distinct smell. Instinct distinct.
  • Agent Smith
    I can sniff so-called experts and authority from a mile! They have a distinct smell. Instinct distinct.Hillary

Ok, you have some skill!

• universeness
    But many worlds are an irrational though, a believe... But you're free to think it! Don't get me wrongHillary

The multiverse is not a belief, it's a proposal based on projection of what we know, or think we know and in my opinion, it is much more viable than your personal polytheistic beliefs as a way of progressing towards the true facts about of the origin of the Universe we exist in. That does not mean you do not have the right to your beliefs in polytheism. I also have the right to completely disagree with them.
    We hold positions on atheism/theism which I think are unlikely to move one plank length in the foreseeable future.
  • Hillary

"I've got the bullets!"
  • Hillary
    The multiverse is not a beliefuniverseness

Believe me, brother Uni, it's a belief based on ignorance.
  • Hillary

Why you write universe with capital u?
  • universeness
    Why you write universe with capital u?Hillary

Same reason I don't with god......significance!
  • Hillary
    The multiverse is not a belief, it's a proposal based on projection of what we know, or think we know and in my opinion, it is much more viable than your personal polytheistic beliefsuniverseness

My believes in gods don't need proof, the many worlds do. I accept the burden of proof in science but not in gods affairs.
  • Hillary

As I thought. So you reason just the same as theists but with a different belief.
  • Hillary
    The multiverse is not a belief, it's a proposal based on projection of what we know, or think we knowuniverseness

Which is, on ignorance. It's invented for the unitarity problem in QM.
  • universeness
    As I thought. So you reason just the same as theists but with a different beliefHillary

No, I don't associate the term belief with science in any rigorous manner.
    I might use it in a sentence such as 'I believe science has the necessary tools and methodologies to.....
  • universeness
    Which is, on ignorance.Hillary
    Is that your emotive or venerated opinion?
  • Hillary
    Is that your emotive or venerated opinion?universeness

It's the truth. They are used to explain happenings in the observable universe, such as non-unitary collapse of the wavefunction and the measurement problem.
  • Hillary
    No, I don't associate the term belief with science in any rigorous manner.universeness

But you believe there are many worlds outside ours. I believe in only one heaven!
  • Nickolasgaspar
    Welcome to the Epicurean Philosophy were Happiness is the only thing one can own!
  • universeness
    But you believe there are many worlds outside ours.Hillary

Did you not BELIEVE me when I already stated that I don't believe in the many-worlds theory, I assign it a credence level.
  • Nickolasgaspar
    You are serious? Even with caoital M: Multiverse...What's the evidence of a multiverse? There are simpler explanations for QM. Occam's shaving gel tells us to shave of the superfluous fantasies.Hillary

lol mr Hillary is asking evidence for a claim......the irony!
  • Hillary
    Did you not BELIEVE me when I already stated that I don't believe in the many-worlds theory, I assign it a credence level.universeness

That's what you believe. Assigning credence level to non-existent worlds is a confession of ignorance.
  • universeness
    Welcome to the Epicurean PhilosophyNickolasgaspar

All hail Epicurus!
  • Hillary
    lol mr Hillary is asking evidence for a claim......the irony!Nickolasgaspar

In science, evidence is very important.
  • universeness
    That's what you believe. Assigning credence level to non-existent worlds is a confession of ignoranceHillary

Its acceptance of the fact that I don't know for sure but I think your 'ignorance' word is too emotive and it has nothing at all to do with belief in the sense of faith.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.