• The Absolute Future
    I am long considering how to make a real and great art work in literature and here is some of my thoughts and doubts.
    The structure of the work itself matters. How the authors finish the book can be more important than other stuffs, because writing is a psychological process which deeply connects consciousness and unconsciousness. For example, a very popular form of novels in China, where the male character has his father dead and then go in for an adventure where he defeats his enemies and win love from the beauty, is really meaningless for this consideration. That is to say, this form of novel is repetitive and NOT INSPIRING at all, and we can also make analysis to this kind of work to easily sum up what they are trying to tell. The male character has his father dead, because Chinese are unconsciously desiring to escape from the paternalism which really limits people's lives from most corners of the country. Therefore, a dead father is a necessary element that makes the adventurous story possible. However, what is often in the case is that the male character is always showing respect to his dead father in the process of the plots, and even desiring to kill the one who had caused his father to die. That is to say, the character, and all of the readers who imagine themselves as the character, desire to have a NICE position in this boring paternalism stuffs, and at the same time escape it. What a distorted situation of mind!
    This kind of repetitive work does nothing than caters to the unconscious need of the pathetic groups of Chinese sad generation of paternalism. And many other kinds of work just worth critique in the same way. Some books may stuck in their so-called sentimentalism and the perspectives of writers which will surely be found by readers in the book are stubborn and make no sense.
    Here comes the topic that what books do I consider as qualified artworks. Dostoevsky can be one of the examples.His perspectives towards human beings aren't limited in a cycle of values and he doesn't seem to have a narrow state of self-connection where he and his characters show a disgusting relationship, which in contrast is shown in many books. Another example is Nietzsche. I agree with his statements about superman and I want literature things to be SUPER-LITERATURE as well.
    By the way, I need to post my opinions for liberalism (or some other names?) when it comes to judge how good a book is. I think writing is a free choice, however, it doesn't change the fact that certain writing has certain meaning and certain psychological states which can be traced as well as criticized.
    What's your opinion towards these I've mentioned above? Share some kinds of books you find suck or great with your reasons. Or, the general analysis of literature and its values? And at the end, the way we can approach the SUPER-LITERATURE. I care that a lot and am trying to conceive a concept of my own book for a long time.
  • Sir2u
    First thing a writer should learn to do is organize the words into readable groups called paragraphs. Each paragraph should contain its own idea.

Small pieces are easier to digest.
  • praxis
    In Le Petit Prince, a super piece of lit that I like, there’s a line that goes something like, “you’re forever responsible for what you tame.” Think about that for a minute and consider, do you really want to be a Superman? A Superman is forever responsible for the sheeple that they tame.
  • The Absolute Future
    According to Nietzsche, a superman has overcome its so-called sympathy and is forever free and strong, which is exactly contradictory with what you have said.
  • The Absolute Future
    Why are small pieces easy to digest? Is it because that your assumption about the holy "readable thing" for literature? I don't find the real responsibility for writings to be readable in this chain of logic that I have found.
  • praxis

Responsibility is always the price of freedom.
  • Sir2u
    I don't find the real responsibility for writings to be readable in this chain of logic that I have found.The Absolute Future

Supposedly, your writing is for others to read. Otherwise you would not have wasted your time.
    Supposedly those who read it should enjoy it or maybe form some sort connection to it.

Part of reading something is understanding the words, ideas and information in the writing. When you understand something it makes it possible to form an opinion about it. That is why most good writes break their writing into smaller pieces that are well organized and use clear language.

And judging from the number of posters on this thread that actually respond to your thoughts, maybe you should rethink the way you present future posts.

But please feel free to ignore my friendly advice, and I won't be sending a bill for my services.
  • Jamal
    Yeah it's really weird and surprising to me how many people on this forum cannot set out their paragraphs properly. All it takes is an extra hit on the Return key.
  • Sir2u
    Amazingly I had student's parent asking me why I was so insistent on their kids learning to write using that "old fashioned" writing method. One even told me that in a few years kids will not even do any writing because everything is going digital. :scream: :smirk: and a none existent FACEPALM.

I don't teach language any more. And they get pissed now because I want them to write in paragraphs and learn how to separate them on a computer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment