• Josh Alfred
    Is there a mathematical and or logical expression for comparing the properties and lack of properties of Objects?

Once such math exists does such become expressible in machine thinking?

Other thoughts: A) is consciousness object > to impression > object....that is how much of consciousness are comparisons of object to object? Such as x at t1 equals cat and x at t2 equals cat. B) what is a priori to this? Meaning what comes before all stimuli (things, their properties, ideas).

I could analyze more broadly...by asking about events rather than the logic and math behind the main COMPUTATIONAL function addressed in A.

WOULD I be right to think this stuff is already part of machine learning mathematics?
  • EnPassant
    Is there a mathematical and or logical expression for comparing the properties and lack of properties of Objects?Josh Alfred

You seem to be talking about Boolean algebra.
  • alan1000
    You need to express more clearly which "properties" you are referring to, I think. The simple arithmetical operator <> already expressess a non-equivalence of the property of numerability. On the other hand, if we wish to distinguish the property of "oddness", <> will not distinguish between 3 and 5.
  • Deleted User
    Meaning what comes before all stimuliJosh Alfred

Here's where your analysis is confusing you. Existence is self-generating, according to all known data, or empirical observation. Observation preceeds any recognition of meaning that is imputed by consciousness. Meaning, is itself a concept generated by consciousness, and the general rule we operate under as conscious beings who genrate conceptual framework to navigate the world, which preceded life, and therefore consciousness, and therefore meaning in the human sense of that word. Negate that word and approach from your analysis, then review your problem once more.
  • jgill
    Is there a mathematical and or logical expression for comparing the properties and lack of properties of Objects?Josh Alfred

Way too vague. Weight, size, shape, etc. involve different mathematical expressions. Although fundamental particles have properties, spin, momentum, etc. that can be collectively described in tensors or matrices or ??
  • Kuro

Yeah, Px implies some P is true of x. ~Px implies that it's not the case that some P is true of x.

Lack of properties will get you in some messy territory, like incomplete objects & quantified predication. Consider:

1) x is that which has the single property of being blue
    2) But having one property is truly said of x
    3) So x has two predicates!

But I'm sure this isn't what you meant, just food for thought because object completeness is a relatively interesting topic

But yes, pretty much all of predicate logic is dedicated to doing what you seem to be asking for
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment