• yupamiralda
    So I've been writing some poetry with the intent of publishing, and I figured I had to get a sense of what the poetic world looks like these days. I'm not impressed. I'm not like, a Trump die-hard, but I get pretty bored of victimhood, trauma, critical race theory, etc. not to mention how self-absorbed poets seem to be now. I know it's pretty stupid that as a white male I feel excluded, but there it is. The recent issue of poetry magazine had one male writer out of about twenty five. I write about things like meaninglessness, mortality, and the omnipresence of brutality (just taking notice of it, not condemning it). I also refuse to use the word "I" unless I'm explicitly writing a song. So, with that kind of introduction to myself, does anybody have any recommendations of poets currently alive and writing that might appeal to me?
  • T Clark

Sorry, I won't be much help. The only current poet I read is Carl Dennis, and he definitely doesn't look like your cup of tea. If you find anything you do like, post it one one of the two poetry threads here in the Lounge - "Philosophical Poetry" and "Just Poems."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.