• gikehef947
    1. Do crocodiles pray more continually than cheetahs to God?
    I was reading 1 Thessalonians 5:17, where it says "Pray without ceasing." After watching the video below, I have concluded that, except for the wicked Darwinists, a good Christian must agree that cheetahs pray badly, or do not pray, or do so more discontinuously than crocodiles.

2. Are polar bears closer to the Kingdom of heavens than birds? What about Matt 6:11?

3. Are we sure that ducks are not the chosen people? First read Heb 11:1. And now see this:

Recent upload, September, 30, 2021:
    4. If humanity were a herd of ibex, would God be salt?

If the universe is a toaster, is God the instruction manual? What does the Pope think about this?
  • Sir2u
    Maybe if you could explain the reasoning behind conclusion it might make the post more interesting.
  • gikehef947

Think about this.
    - Colossians 3:23-24. Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men, because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward.
    - Romans 2:6. God “will repay each one according to his deeds.”
    - Deuteronomy 5:33. You must walk in all the ways that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
    Then, see the video.
  • Nils Loc
    Animals have no souls so they are purely a means by which humans (God's chosen species in the image of the One Creator) can accomplish the will of God in order to get into the gated community called Heaven.

Animals do not pray. That is our species responsibility alone, to appease his supernatural Majesty, to avoid eternal damnation.

Remember what happened to Job. You need real grit to realize it's not about evidence of the results of prayer in this world but expectation for material reality in the next.
  • Sir2u
    Think about this.
    - Colossians 3:23-24. Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men, because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward.
    - Romans 2:6. God “will repay each one according to his deeds.”
    - Deuteronomy 5:33. You must walk in all the ways that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
    gikehef947

So, let me guess. You are reasoning that the crocodile spent all of his time praying and the cat did not. So the cat become lunch.

I am surprised that no one has ever noticed the logic of that before.

Then, see the video.gikehef947

I did, poor little cat got ate up. Nature sucks sometimes, but what can we do about it.

I guess that the whole thing comes down to the fact that the wild cats move around quite a lot and therefore do not have bibles to read, no pockets to put them in. While the croc hangs around his home all of the time so he has a place to put his bible and time to read it.

Actually this conversation reminds me of all of the sports players who say thing like god helped us to win or god will make our team champions. If both teams are praying like hell to win, on what does god base his decision to let one side win over the other? Does he have some sort of counter like on facebook to see how many prayers have come in?

Personally I doubt that any god gives a flyingf**k about who wins a football game nor which animal eats which other in the jungle.
  • gikehef947

How do you know that animals don't have souls? The Egyptians said yes and embalmed them. Plato said yes. Aristotle said yes. Are you smarter than Aristotle? My dog is good. A wolf is bad. You get it right? Well, I just said that the soul of my dog is good and that of the wolf is bad.
    How do you know that they don't pray? Do you understand their language? You talk a lot from hearsay.

Personally I doubt that any god gives a flyingf**k about who wins a football game nor which animal eats which other in the jungle.Sir2u
    Polytheism!!!
  • Nils Loc
    You talk a lot from hearsay.gikehef947

How much of the Bible is hearsay?
  • praxis
    Feel bad about the cheetah cub. Thoughts and prayers. :pray:
  • Outlander

It was a funny quip. A bit stereotypical and bland though popular for reasons I haven't failed to lose sight of. OP could do better.

Yes, unfair even cruel things happen to perfectly wonderful people. Meanwhile, at least you have a network of hope for when it does. Provided you're not eaten by a prehistoric beast, of course. What are you doing but creating a network of magnification and perverse obsession over the filth and inhuman attributes of our world?
  • Sir2u
    How do you know that animals don't have souls?gikehef947

How do you know that they do? Do you understand the reasoning behind Plato's and Aristotle's conclusions that they have souls?

You talk a lot from hearsay.gikehef947

Can you prove that you are telling the truth?
  • gikehef947
    How much of the Bible is hearsay?Nils Loc
    Nothing. All books were chosen as inspired words of God!

What are you doing but creating a network of magnification and perverse obsession over the filth and inhuman attributes of our world?Outlander

Are you talking about me or aboult Kabul?
  • Sir2u
    Nothing. All books were chosen as inspired words of God!gikehef947

How can you make a statement like that? Do you have any proof that it is true?
  • gikehef947
    How can you make a statement like that? Do you have any proof that it is true?Sir2u

I was not at the Council of Trent. Ask those who were there. If the telephone doesn't work, try psychophony.
  • Sir2u
    I was not at the Council of Trent. Ask those who were there. If the telephone doesn't work, try psychophony.gikehef947

You are then either guilty of hearsay, gossiping, scuttlebutting, rumor mongering or just plain bullshitting.
    How do you plead?

It is ironic how the sarcastic spout such incongruities.
  • gikehef947

You want me to fit into your schemes. You talk like a simpleton scientist, trying to identify me with some album card you've made for yourself over the years. You have every right to be in the world as you see fit, but I have the same right. Your preconceived labels are not the world, nor do they describe others, but only yourself.What is a "proof"? The proofs I know depend on principles that are not in the proof. The truth of such principles in turn depends on something else. I suppose you think your procedure is better than that of one who bases his knowledge or conduct on what is already written in a certain book. Well, I don't find too much difference. Am I being sarcastic enough for you?
  • James Riley
    After watching the video, I have concluded, along with the wicked Darwinists and science, that 1. Size can matter; and 2. Stay in your lane.

Google the plethora of videos where the cat kills the croc in water when: 1. the cat is = or bigger in size; and 2. where the cat kills the croc that has ventured onto land.
  • gikehef947
    and scienceJames Riley

There is no such thing as "science", only sciences. For a mathematician, physics is not completely a science. Biology is not a science at all. Psychology is like voodoo. And sociology... what the fuck do sociologists do?

2. where the cat kills the croc that has ventured onto landJames Riley
    It would be difficult to see a lion going up against a Nile crocodile. They must pray less than they do. Hippos, on the other hand, seem to raise their prayers to the Most High much more. Size does matter.
  • James Riley
    There is no such thing as "science", only sciences. For a mathematician, physics is not completely a science. Biology is not a science at all. Psychology is like voodoo. And sociology... what the fuck do sociologists do?gikehef947

There is no such thing as "religion", only religions. For a Druid, Islam is not completely a religion. Hinduism is not a religion at all. Judaism is like voodoo. And Christianity...what the fuck do Christians do?

It would be difficult to see a lion going up against a Nile crocodile. They must pray less than they do.gikehef947

If hope is not a strategy, then neither is prayer. Prayer has fuck-all to do with it.

P.S. Science is the scientific method. Sixth Grade, I think it was.
  • Nils Loc
    Surely more than just prayer affects Cheeta and Croc Christian Karma bank accounts even if such a system were true.

What are the demographics of Christian faith among animal communities and to what degree are we allowed to generalize about beliefs that constitute a religious identity? We can't canvass beliefs outside of our species. We'd doubt, given that animals lack anything like our language, that animals have much of an abstract conceptual life. How do we determine the religious affiliation of non-human animals?

Even with humans, the substance/work of faith is sometimes hidden. What appears on the face of things might conceal an ugly or banal or contradictory reality.

We're a bunch of crocodiles wearing masks. Our crocodile tears flow like crocodile faith, into the deaf sink of an insensible and indifferent nature.
  • Sir2u
    You want me to fit into your schemes.gikehef947

Truly pathetic. I am not trying to do anything at all, all I did was ask some questions. You apparently have no answers so you try to cover your ass by blathering stupidities.

You say that others are using hearsay when they say that animals have no gods, then you do the same thing after admitting that you have no first hand knowledge of the bible being true.

You base your judgement of the bible's truth on what a bunch of people hundreds of years ago said. They believed only certain parts of the many known books where actually god inspired. Do you have any knowledge of the criteria they used for their decisions?

The gator and the cheetahs are definitely somewhere in Africa, maybe they believe in uNkulunkulu. But if you insist they believe in your god, I think an explanation of how that came to be is needed.
  • gikehef947
    P.S. Science is the scientific method. Sixth Grade, I think it was.James Riley
    Popper was trying to define what the scientific method is all his life. In the end he came up with a definition that was not, which is the title of the last of his works: "Unended Quest". Unfortunately, any religious person could designate his practical life in the same way.

How do we determine the religious affiliation of non-human animals?Nils Loc
    The perspective that dominates us is human. It is unavoidable. When talking about the animal world, we distinguish between defensive strategies (such as those of the sloth) and aggressive ones (such as those of the leopard or killer whales). The Nazis (perhaps reading Nietzsche) applied the same optics to humanity. Morgan's canon. Herd morality and aristocratic morality. Prey and predators. And yet, I think my dog is good and wasps are not.
  • James Riley
    Popper was trying to define what the scientific method is all his life.gikehef947

Too bad he didn't have my sixth grade teacher. Or better yet, Google. It's your friend.
  • gikehef947
    Too bad he didn't have my sixth grade teacher. Or better yet, Google. It's your friend.James Riley

Popper was a very interesting person. A doctoral course with him was much better than a hundred books. Books do not answer simple questions. A dumb problem is a big problem until someone guides you.
  • James Riley
    Popper was a very interesting person. A doctoral course with him was much better than a hundred books. Books do not answer simple questions. A dumb problem is a big problem until someone guides you.gikehef947

I remember an edumacated man once telling a rancher that his fence plyers didn't exist. The rancher just nodded in agreement and asked the man if he could hand him a few more staples.
  • gikehef947

What about polar bears?
  • Sir2u
    What about polar bears?gikehef947

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

I'll get back to you with that, if I can stop laughing long enough.

:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:
  • Nils Loc
    As a blessed figure myself, I give away free post attention to the needy in exchange for their sins.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name;
    thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in polar heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bird meat; and forgive us our trespasses as we sometimes forgive those who trespass against
    us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil into luxury.
    rAmen.
  • Sir2u
    I'll get back to you with that, if I can stop laughing long enough.Sir2u

OK, so where do I start? Let me read your post again.

:lol: :lol: So you think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that the kind of animal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: makes a difference.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe true but :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang on a minute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe true but polar bears live in Eskimo country, or do the Eskimos live in polar bear country? I'll figure that one out late, trying to be serious here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    So maybe they practice animism, that might make sense. But most of the Eskimos have quit that and become christians, so that cannot be good for the cause.

But back to reality, you still have not explained why the bible is accepted as true. And don't tell me that it is because some dudes centuries ago said so.
    And changing the name of a thread does little to improve the intellectuality of the OP.
  • gikehef947

Think about it carefully. Why are the chosen people not ducks?

That is not a good pray. Now, read Psalm 23:1. When David said "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want," how do we know what kind of flock he was referring to. Men do not constitute shepherds, but peoples. How do we know that David didn't believe he was a duck? Should we call him maybe Duckvid instead of David?
  • Sir2u
    Think about it carefully. Why are the chosen people not ducks?gikehef947

OK, you win. The grand prize for dumb-ass question of the year goes to gikehef947.

I have never seen any evidence to indicate that something like that might be true and I doubt that you have either.
    If you think about it though, the chosen people made in the image of god it might be true. But it might not be a good idea to think about it to much, it might be blaspheme to do so. Waddle, waddle, quack quack.

You already answered your own question in your own quotes of the bible.

- Colossians 3:23-24. Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men, because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward.gikehef947

Why would a duck want to do anything for men?

Maybe they are, according to them. Who the hell knows, or even cares.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment