• 180 Proof
    Thank g/G there is no g/G.
  • baker
    Oh I see, you’re confusing is and oughtPfhorrest
    Oh, you're still living in lalaland.
  • Pfhorrest
    ooh sick burn bro
  • Manuel

Well, which God? There are too many to list, outside the Abrahamic tradition. Would I like to believe in the God of the Old Testament? Absolutely not. Nor the New Testament God for that matter. Would it be nice to think we go on to another better life after this one? That's hard. It sounds good, but eternal existence may be too much for us to handle.

It would be nice to speak to some of the great figures of the past... Oh well.
  • Antilogic
    I think this is an interesting question. I was raised Pentecostal and have studied the history of theology and philosophy. I tend to see a strong element of autobiography in both. Now, after many years I have come to an atheistic/agnostic standpoint, yet (sorry for the melodrama) I mourn the death of God. Maybe I miss the certainty and simplicity of my old worldview. Whatever it is, I can tell you that I am an atheist who actively wants God to exist.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.