• Gus Lamarch
    Here's another point, Nazareth doesn't even seem to have existed during the time of Jesus. What's more, it doesn't even seem to be the case that he was from Nazareth. He wasn't called "Jesus of Nazareth" in the Bible, but "Jesus the Nazorean" and you can just look up the words in the text. Nazorean means something like a guru in modern contexts, it doesn't mean a particular place.Dharmi

Indeed, there are some Christian denominations and historians who, because they know of this curiosity, change his name from "Jesus of Nazareth" to "Jesus of Galilee".
  • javi2541997
    Asian Man for their translation of the Bible to Japanese:Gus Lamarch

We even have "Ethiopian Jesus":Gus Lamarch

Ok, this was so painful to see... I never seen it until to day. With your images it is proven that clearly church used the image of Jesus just for spread their power around the globe. When such an image is so distorted for centuries it makes so difficult to believe in. It is impossible having all the ethnics at the same time, does not matter the perfect human theory that Church is used to use in this debates.
    Again, it is interesting because somehow he has to born in Middle East but Church characterised him as a person from a book.

This also happens with Judas as a traitor of Jesus. What about this person? Has he even existed? Just another metaphor from the church using a person model?
  • Dharmi
    Indeed, there are some Christian denominations and historians who, because they know of this curiosity, change his name from "Jesus of Nazareth" to "Jesus of Galilee".Gus Lamarch

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.
  • Dharmi
    Ok, this was so painful to see... I never seen it until to day. With your images it is proven that clearly church used the image of Jesus just for spread their power around the globe. When such an image is so distorted for centuries it makes so difficult to believe in. It is impossible having all the ethnics at the same time, does not matter the perfect human theory that Church is used to use in this debates.javi2541997

There's a Japanese/Chinese (East Asian, don't know which particularly) Jesus, a Syrian Jesus, an Egyptian Jesus, yes an Ethiopian one.
  • Gus Lamarch
    This also happens with Judas as a traitor of Jesus. What about this person? Has he even existed? Just another metaphor from the church using a person model?javi2541997

As I already said, I believe that Jesus, his mother, his father, his apostles, existed as historical people, so, yes, I believe that Judas also existed.

However, whatever his role in the life of Jesus had been, this is already pure speculation.

In the "Gospel of Judas", a book considered apocryphal by the Catholic Church, we have another version of Judas:

"Jesus is able to teach Judas the true meaning of his life, ministry and death. Mankind can be divided into two races, or groups. Those who are furnished with the immortal soul, like Judas, can come to know the God within and enter the imperishable realm when they die. Those who belong to the same generation of the other eleven disciples cannot enter the realm of God and will die both spiritually and physically at the end of their lives. As practices that are intertwined with the physical world, animal sacrifice and a communion ceremony involving "cannibalism" - the consumption of Jesus' flesh and blood - are condemned as abhorrent.

Eleven of the disciples Jesus chose to spread his message misunderstood the central tenets of his teaching. They were obsessed with the physical world of the senses. They continued to practise religious animal sacrifice, which pleased the lower gods but did not help to foster a connection with the true God. They wrongly taught that those martyred in the name of Christ would be bodily resurrected."

Ths Gospel is carbon-dated between 210 and 260 AD, so I think that its legitimacy could be questioned, yet, how could we know?
  • Gus Lamarch
    There's a Japanese/Chinese (East Asian, don't know which particularly) Jesus, a Syrian Jesus, an Egyptian Jesus, yes an Ethiopian one.Dharmi

Latin, Greek, German, English, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Danish, etc...
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.