• Mongrel
    Looks like somebody's buttons really got pushed...:)John Harris

Precisely.
  • Mongrel
    You can look at his posting history by going to his profile.
  • Buxtebuddha
    You can look at his posting history by going to his profile.Mongrel

He posts too much for me to do that without losing my mind, :(
  • deletedmemberwy
    I have, it would be easier to know exactly what you are talking about if you would be so kind as to just mention the threads, if you don't mind.
  • Mongrel
    He contributed quite a bit in a thread called something like 'Are women submissive to men?'

Otherwise look at his comments from December of last year. Prior to Trump's taking office his reactionary views were flowing pretty freely.
  • Mongrel
    You're like Trump. The smart thing to do would be to say "Oh, I'm sorry you took my comments that way. I'll be more careful in future."

That's all I really want.. stop saying sexist crap. But no. You've got to turn it back on me like I'm the villain.
  • John Harris
    [Mongrel I have, it would be easier to know exactly what you are talking about if you would be so kind as to just mention the threads, if you don't mind.

He also said in a thread about Trump that most women would enjoy the particular "treatment" he bragged about giving them during the campaign. It was pretty vile.
  • BC
    Mongrel, are you experiencing thinning skin? It's a real hazard for anyone participating in a public forum, even this quite civilized, moderated one.

I am a bit surprised that you decided to take your dispute with Agustino public. I'm not worried about Agustino's feelings -- he's quite capable of taking care of himself. But you're likely to not achieve a great victory in this.

Why don't you give us a string of Agustino's alleged sexist comments? If you reported them by PM to the moderators, then you presumably have them in the record of your PMs.

The bulk of his sexist remarks were made a few months ago. He made a few more a few weeks ago.Mongrel

Well, dig them up and put them on display.

As for sexism, racism, etc., of course there are sexists and racists here. "We the People" are sexist and racist. Maybe, perhaps, possibly "we the people" wish to be, and it could be that we will be less sexist and racist in the future, and if we do, congratulations to we all. But not yet.
  • BC
    He also said in a thread about Trump that most women would enjoy the particular "treatment" he bragged about giving them during the campaign. It was pretty vile.John Harris

You also: go get the quote and put it up for examination. Why should anyone take your word for it? (And please differentiate between what Trump said and what Agustino said about, or in response to, Trump.
  • Mongrel
    Mongrel, are you experiencing thinning skin?Bitter Crank

Sigh. I guess nobody cares that I was making about point about the effect of apathy when I brought this up (in another thread).

One of my first big life lessons was that complaining about sexism is pointless. I was working as an engineer at AT&T surrounded by guys. It was the mid-80s. Big shoulder pads. But thanks for wanting to give me a bit of heads up. Jesus. You know, I have noticed that you feel the need to register your apathy every time sexism or racism comes up. Odd.

But you're likely to not achieve a great victory in this.Bitter Crank

You think? I wasn't expecting any. Baden told me to respond to his comments in the Feedback section. So I did.

[Comment deleted. Flaming is against the rules]
  • BC
    Hey Bitter Crank. Why don't you go fuck yourself?Mongrel

Now, now...
  • Mongrel
    Anyway, I seemed to have gotten what I wanted, maybe. Agustino will temper his comments in future.

I do actually resent your response. But I assume you have your reasons. Either way I'm done witcha.
  • John Harris
    Addressing me with "you also" is a great way of getting me not to do something. Start with "please" next time.
  • Thorongil
    Hey @Mongrel, could you actually define "sexism" for us?
  • Thorongil
    Alas, no. Now, about my question.
  • 0 thru 9
    Deleting thread in 5,4,3,2,1...
  • John Harris
    I pity your female co-workers if you need that defined for you.
  • Dogar
    Hey Bitter Crank. Why don't you go fuck yourself?

I legitimately cannot tell what's real and what's banter in this thread, but seemingly the burden of proof lies on you.
  • Thorongil
    I should have. What's sexism?
  • Mongrel
    He doesn't have co-workers because he's unemployed. But good point... again.
  • Mongrel
    Why are you asking me that? I don't feel like taxing myself. I was just following Baden's advice when I started this thread. He told me I should have notified a moderator when I first had concerns. I wanted to tell him that I had talked to one, but that nothing happened.
  • Thorongil
    I pity your female co-workers if you need that defined for you.John Harris

You pity them, do you? Why, that sounds a bit sexist to me.
  • Mongrel
    I'm not trying to prove anything. I already got what I wanted.
  • Thorongil
    Fine. You want to be able to throw around the label without actually having to define it. Don't choke on that cake.
  • Mongrel
    When you get your job you'll probably get diversity training. They'll explain it to you.
  • Buxtebuddha
    Can't be sexist if there are only genders,

Reveal
    reece.JPG
  • John Harris
    And you show you still don't get it. You must really charm those HR people. Oh, that's right; you don't.
  • Thorongil
    It won't work. I have too much integrity and intelligence.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.