• Michael

If there's an active shooter – and especially if you've been shot – then you get away and get help. All this macho man bullshit is childish.
  • Michael
    Crooks is a registered RepublicanWayfarer

Hopefully that will temper the response of those who might otherwise take it as a call to arms.
  • Michael
    The Secret Service did a terrible job. Apparently them and the police were told about a man with a gun on the roof several minutes before shots were fired, and when they surrounded Trump they barely covered him at all, leaving his head in the open, and just stood on the spot.
  • substantivalism
    I don't want to be that individual but I have to point out a worry that this all brings. What if these sorts of deranged individuals (the shooter that was at that rally for example) suddenly realize they want to go for political fish who have more swing in making rapid changes to their local area. Lower officials, particularly state connected ones, who most definitely would not have the widest and vast protections that we would assume the president or previous presidents would possess. Regardless of any critique one may have on how this was handled regarding Trump and his security detail.

Is this looming, violent, and local anarchy on the horizon?

I can assume that any American citizen can only take so much 'collapse of the U.S.' and the almost stoic acknowledgement that high political affairs are 'outside our control'.
  • Count Timothy von Icarus
    It's ok, the second term will only be 3 1/2 years long.:wink:

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:3-5
  • Tzeentch
    The Secret Service did a terrible job.Michael

Yea, they missed.
  • Tom Storm
    I'm not an American, but my colleagues and I have been wondering if a shooter would appear at a Trump event for some time. The fact it happened is not very surprising given the emotion surrounding this politician. I imagine also that preventing these sorts of events is not an exact science. Cue conspiracy theories and general bullshit.

Indeed. Although his base are more likely to talk about Isaiah 45:13. (NIV)

I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness: I will make all his ways straight. He will rebuild my city and set my exiles free, but not for a price or reward, says the Lord Almighty.”
  • Mikie
    Here come the conspiracies. Right on cue.
  • Lionino
    Crooks is a registered RepublicanWayfarer

Guess why :rofl:

come the conspiraciesMikie

If anyone is conspiring in this context, it is the Democratic party. Learn to use words, Mikey.

You'd think professional assassins would know not to use 5.56mm with its garbage rainbow ballistics and would spring for 7.62mm, .30-06, or the fancy new 6.8mm 80kpsi rounds the US Army uses.
  • Lionino
    They will almost certainly argue that "the Democrats," (Biden, Clinton, etc.) and maybe other parties accused of rigging the election and the 2020 Riots like the Chinese Communist Party, sanctioned and helped to organize the assassination attack.Count Timothy von Icarus

Bolsonaro was stabbed in 2018 by a member of the Communist Party. They denied any involvement and life carried on. Not gonna happen.
  • Tzeentch
    I forgot that 5.56mm isn't used by professionals to kill people. Silly me.

5.56mm is occasionally used as a DMR as a compromise, because it allows the DM to use the same ammunition as the rest of a squad. But DMRs are overwhelmingly 7.62mm or some equivalent. Every military or police "sniper rifle," uses a full sized rifle round because it makes no sense to use a cartridge with poor terminal ballistics to try to hit targets at long distances.
  • NOS4A2
    The attempt is the logical conclusion of anti-Trumpism. If you repeat long enough that another human being is an existential threat it won’t be long before someone takes action. It was only a matter of time until the persecution reached murderous levels.
  • Michael
    The attempt is the logical conclusion of anti-Trumpism. If you repeat long enough that another human being is an existential threat it won’t be long before someone takes action. It was only a matter of time until the persecution reached murderous levels.NOS4A2

Both sides are guilty of that, e.g.:

“He’s been weaponizing government against his political opponents like a Third World political tyrant,” Trump said to a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. “Biden and his radical left allies like to pose as standing up as allies of democracy,” Trump continued, arguing: “Joe Biden is not the defender of American democracy, Joe Biden is the destroyer of American democracy.”
  • Mikie
    Now Elon endorsed Trump. :rofl:

Shocker. The hysterics and conspiracies continue…hilarious.
  • Hanover
    Biden's campaign theme is that the right is composed of radical insurrectionists who want to destroy democracy and insert their dictator.

The counter to that now after this assassination attempt is "nuh uh, you are. "

We here at TPF might dissect it otherwise, but that is a knee jerk reaction that might hold water for some. How it might temper Biden going forward in presenting the right as radicalized remains to be seen. He's now in a glass house in that regard.

But overall, yesterday was a good day for Trump all the while Biden can't seem to shake off the age related attacks.
  • Tzeentch

Absolutely nothing suspicious here, folks.
  • Lionino
    The attempt is the logical conclusion of anti-Trumpism. If you repeat long enough that another human being is an existential threat it won’t be long before someone takes action. It was only a matter of time until the persecution reached murderous levels.NOS4A2

Happened 6 years ago already https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/06/11/stabbed-bolsonaro-lone-wolf-feds/

Random guy on Youtube said it first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey0qVzG8_vU&t=666s Check out timestamp

Strange. I saw an image of Trump still up speaking while the sniper is being mounted (if understood correctly they knew of the shooter but didn't take Trump down).
  • NOS4A2

Both sides are guilty of that, e.g.:

I think even you will admit that the propaganda in one outpaces the propaganda in the other. The sheer number of moral entrepreneurs promoting the anti-Trump cause, along with the combined efforts of the press, makes the moral panic arise in one and not the other.

Can you find any newspapers magazines or documentaries comparing Biden to Hitler for example?
  • Michael
    I think even you will admit that the propaganda in one outpaces the propaganda in the other.NOS4A2

Yes, and I can assure you that it’s the opposite side to the one you think.
  • Lionino
    Esbq5TY.png

The shooter shows up in BlackRock commercial at 0:03 and 0:19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67dyF4J7ag
    The upload has been removed by the uploader
    bGUR85N.png
    Image shows a school in Bethel Park, PA, where Thomas M. Crooks lived (not to be confused with Thomas Crooks also from Bethel Park).
    Here is reupload https://streamable.com/mzfq3w
  • Mikie
    Here’s my theory: it was Richard Simmons. He was hired by the secret service!
  • Tzeentch
    That's some crazy stuff.
  • NOS4A2

Here’s an example.

What can you show me that’s comparable? Assurance isn’t enough, I’m afraid.
  • Lionino
    zG7SZIw.png

LXtnkJR.png
    Possible image of shooter
  • Michael
    I literally posted something Trump said when I first responded to your remarks:

“He’s been weaponizing government against his political opponents like a Third World political tyrant,” Trump said to a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. “Biden and his radical left allies like to pose as standing up as allies of democracy,” Trump continued, arguing: “Joe Biden is not the defender of American democracy, Joe Biden is the destroyer of American democracy.”
  • NOS4A2

Yes you posted one quote from one guy before exclaiming both sides are guilty.
  • Michael

I posted one, you posted one. What's the problem? Are we going to spend the rest of our lives posting every instance of one side attacking the other?
  • NOS4A2

I was speaking of propaganda. Maybe you post some. Something comparable to this, maybe?

91TDJQudYtL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.