• frank
    Say you're being executed, what would you order for your last meal?

I think I'd have a nice salad.
  • javi2541997
    I think I'd have a nice salad.frank

You like to stay healthy until your last sigh, huh?

Say you're being executed, what would you order for your last meal?frank

Jamón serrano (well and perfectly sliced) with a large baguette accompanied by olive oil from Córdoba.
  • frank
    Jamón serrano (well and perfectly sliced) with a large baguette accompanied by olive oil from Córdoba.javi2541997

Wow! What to drink?
  • javi2541997
    Wow! What to drink?frank

Water. :smile:

I don't like alcohol because I got hooked a few years ago. But I am open to drinking sake or wine often.
  • 180 Proof
    As long as I was to be executed within an hour of finishing, my "last meal" (today; probably a different menu tomorrow) would be:

• a large chef salad (spinach only, no avocado)
    • garlic vinegrette
    • side dish of sauteed mushrooms & onions
    • full bottle of Barolo red
    • pitcher of water with lemon slices

(• 15 minute break, then dessert ...)
    • a whole German chocolate cake
    • gallon of strawberry ice cream
    • finally, a double Macallans 12 (neat)
    :yum:
  • frank

Nothing competes with a really good German chocolate cake, and make it homemade strawberry ice cream. Mmmm.
  • Sir2u
    First choice:
    Spam, sausage, Spam, Spam, Spam, bacon, Spam, tomato, and Spam. With toast and a pint of Tetleys best bitter

Second choice:
    Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.
  • Paine
    Two eggs over easy with potatoes cooked in a medley of onions, peppers, and a bit of parsley.
    A slice of Portuguese bread to sop up the yolk.
  • Tom Storm
    I'd probably refuse a last meal.
  • fishfry

Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Bowl of course!
  • frank

They can't actually give you an infinite amount of pasta.
  • punos

This takes careful thought, but...

As my last meal my request would probably begin with an amuse-bouche of the highly coveted Almas caviar from rare albino Beluga sturgeon, served on a crisp blini with creme fraiche. For the appetizer course, thinly sliced poisonous pufferfish (fugu) sashimi presented with a ponzu dipping sauce, accompanied by an extremely rare cup of Caffe Raro coffee. The fish course that would feature an abalone steak topped with shavings of precious white truffle. As the main meat entree, an A5 Kobe beef ribeye from one of the few certified cattle in Japan's Hyogo Prefecture, complemented by a salad of the sweet, crimson-fleshed Densuke black watermelon from Hokkaido. A cheese course of the notorious Casu Marzu, a traditional Sardinian cheese with live insect larvae. For dessert, a bird's nest soup made from the edible nests of cave swifts served with an exotic durian ice cream.

And of course, a goblet of Screaming Eagle Wine to wash it all down. That should keep my executioners busy enough while i execute my escape plan.
  • Vera Mont
    Stilton and olives with Carr's crackers and DAB dark.
  • jorndoe
    Can't decide between a tasty delicious portable nuclear bomb with a dead man's switch, and a large bottle of Jack Daniel's No 7 (plus ice cubes). :D
  • fishfry
    They can't actually give you an infinite amount of pasta.frank

The buffet at the Hilbert hotel!
  • frank
    The buffet at the Hilbert hotel!fishfry

So you take a break, poop out the pasta, and go back for more.
  • fishfry
    So you take a break, poop out the pasta, and go back for more.frank

They could never execute me. And since death warrants specify the execution date, I'd only have to hold out long enough to reach the next calendar day.
  • Outlander
    They could never execute me.fishfry
    :eyes:

Reveal
  • frank

"Maybe I died. Maybe these are just the last thoughts of a dying man”
    -- Shikishima
  • Sir2u
    That reminded me of the joke about the guy that committed murder and went on the run. As he guessed that one day he would be caught and sentenced to death he decide to accustom his body to high voltage electricity. Every day he connected himself to a higher voltage until he managed to withstand over a 100,000 volts.
    When he was caught and tried he was all smiles knowing that if the death penalty failed he would have to be set free.
    The judge sentenced him to death, but the law had changed and now they used a lethal injection. :worry:
  • Relativist
    And of course, a goblet of Screaming Eagle Wine to wash it all downpunos
    Only a goblet?

This inspires my choice of meal: a vertical of 10 vintages of Domaine Romanee Conti, to wash down some thin slices of comte cheese.
  • Vera Mont
    Can I change my order?
    I'll stick to my Stilton and beer, but with the cheese course, I'd like apricots and walnuts instead of olives and as a main course, green chilli non carne with a side of guacamole. If they're going to kill me, I want the bastards to suffer a little.
  • punos
    Only a goblet?Relativist

Fine, i'd like to change my order to 1 goblet, a bag of paper cups, and a whole bottle of Screaming Eagle for myself and everyone so graciously attending my execution to bid me farewell. I'm suddenly feeling magnanimous.

This inspires my choice of meal: a vertical of 10 vintages of Domaine Romanee Conti, to wash down some thin slices of comte cheese.Relativist

Excellent choice good sir, although i do hope it never meets thy palate under such grave circumstances.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.