• Jackson
    Like I said, a hallucination.Hillary

No, that is not what "hallucination" means.
  • Hillary
    No, that is not what "hallucination" means.Jackson

You see continuity where there is none. I.e., you think what you see is true. But it isn't. Seems damned much like hallucinating. Likewise, we hallucinate the Earth rotating. But this could be a hallucination. The universe can be said to rotate around the Earth as well. According to general relativity, all motion is relative, even rotation (I know Wikipedia tells you differently, but if you think deeper, this is the case).
  • Jackson
    You see continuity where there is none. I.e., yiu think what you see is true. But it isn't. Seems damned much like hallucinating. Likewise, we hallucinate the Earth rotating. But this could be a hallucination. The universe can be said to rotate around the Earth as well. According to general relativity, all motion is relative, even rotation (I know Wikipedia tells you differently, but if you think deeper, this is the case).Hillary

Hallucinations are distortions of sense perception. That is not what I was talking about.
  • Hillary
    Hallucinations are distortions of sense perception. That is not what I was talking about.Jackson

Sense perceptions are no isolated well-defined objects that have a standard form. Your definition of distortion might be my sign of normal.
  • Jackson
    Sense perceptions are no isolated well-defined objects that have a standard form.Hillary

Did not understand that.
  • Hillary

How convenient! I wrote, perceptions are no isolated entities. The are embedded in a larger brain structure. Naked perception does not exist. Perceptions are a theoretical false construction, a fallacy, if you like. They are a hallucination themselves.
  • Jackson
    How convenient! I wrote, perceptions are no isolated entities. The are embedded in a larger brain structure. Naked perception does not exist. Perceptions are a theoretical false construction, a fallacy, if you like. They are a hallucination themselves.Hillary

You are using "hallucination" in a non-standard way. Cannot discuss the issue if you are making up definitions.
  • Hillary
    You are using "hallucination" in a non-standard way. Cannot discuss the issue if you are making up definitions.Jackson

The point is, I don't make up definitions. The making up of the standard definition of a perception is part of the hallucination. Perceptions don't exist. In other words, they are a hallucination.
  • Josh Alfred
    I am wondering if you think that schizophrenic auditory or visual hallucinations are not so much about the world becoming unreal as they are about a change in the language of reality.

The language remains the same. English brain language. The visual and auditory aspects of language are still in play, but they have become dysfunctional. Its like being on a bike with a bent tire. The ride wobbles but you are able to ride along.

The world experienced under hallucination is an unreal one, that is the inner visual and auditory aspects of it are altered to such a degree that they do not match sensation.
  • Josh Alfred
    I am really interested in how one could relate delusion and hallucination.
  • Hillary
    am really interested in how one could relate delusion and hallucination.Josh Alfred

Richard Dawkins' selfish genes and memes vision is a delusion. If you adhere to this delusion and see genes with ropes and strings directing cells, under the microscope, then you hallucinate.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet