• universeness
    Says brother Uni who believes in transhumansHillary

We already have prototranshumans. The rapture has never and will never happen.
  • Hillary

The rapture is happening already...
  • Vincent
    In system x1, problem p1 arises. We then develop system x2 to solve problem p1. What happens next is that system x2 has a new problem p2. A new system x3 is needed which will have its very own problem p3.Agent Smith

:rofl: No offence, but this sounds like something the 'rapture' theists would approve of. Pure woo woo.universeness

I know that, that's why it's not being listened to. But it has been discovered by scientist Ingo Piepers. He has found patterns in the data of the system wars of history. He is highly regarded in his findings. Of course it hasn't been proven yet. But if this comes true, then we can more easily predict the future without having to listen to nonsense from theists.
  • universeness
    The rapture is happening already..Hillary

Well it did happen here:
  • Hillary
    We already have prototranshumansuniverseness

?
  • universeness
    But it has been discovered by scientist Ingo Piepers.Vincent

There are many fringe 'scientists,' who can find evidence for anything you like, even gods
  • Hillary
    Why not?universeness

He had an eye for me since he came to live in our street. Freek Paardenkooper, great singer!
  • universeness
    We already have prototranshumans
    — universeness

?
    Hillary

Someone with a pacemaker, for example, is completely reliant on this technology for the continuation of their life. That is a prototype transhuman imo.
  • Vincent
    There are many fringe 'scientists,' who can find evidence for anything you like, even godsuniverseness

I think you're someone who won't even believe it when it comes out. You think that everything is already known and that we live in an ideal world. People only change when they suffer. It is clear that you have not suffered much in your life.
  • Hillary
    Someone with a pacemaker, for example, is completely reliant on this technology for the continuation of their life. That is a prototype transhuman imo.universeness

No. That's someone with a pacemaker!
  • universeness
    He had an eye for me since he came to live in our street.Hillary

Ok, that makes more sense than the idea that you kissed a strange man in the mouth and assumed he would be ok with that.
  • universeness
    No. That's someone with a pacemaker!Hillary

So a future transhuman will be just someone with machine parts and organic parts. Just someone with a pacemaker.
  • Vincent
    This topic was originally about devising an alternative economic system. An alternative to the competitive money system. But it's more about woo-woo than about finding solutions. regrettable
  • Hillary
    So a future transhuman will be just someone with machine parts and organic partsuniverseness

Indeed. Not a transhuman but a lesshuman.
  • universeness
    I think you're someone who won't even believe it when it comes outVincent

What you think accurately describes me is based on your own subjectivity.

It is clear that you have not suffered much in your life.Vincent

:rofl: You are full of assumptions arent you!
  • Hillary
    This topic was originally about devising an alternative economic system. An alternative to the competitive money system. But it's more about woo-woo than about finding solutions. regrettableVincent

What if we changed the attitude towards money. Abandon global corporations, all with their distinctive logos? And change the attitude towards possession?
  • universeness
    Indeed. Not a transhuman but a lesshumanHillary

Those with the bionic pinky may overthrow the puny humans with no bionic pinky.
    In the world of the blind, the one-eyed man can become king!
  • Hillary
    Those with the bionic pinky may overthrow the puny humans with no bionic pinky.
    In the world of the blind, the one-eyed man can become king!
    universeness

Of course. But then there have to be people without pinky's or eyes first.
  • Agent Smith
    brother SmithHillary

:snicker:

How's the 3-year old doing?Hillary

Nothing to report. Merci for asking.
  • universeness
    But it's more about woo-woo than about finding solutions. regrettableVincent

You have introduced some woo woo yourself. Sometimes woo woo thinking must be dealt with within any exchange of opinions on a particular topic. The topic of money is certainly involved in selling woo woo or earning a living from woo woo or using the power of money to maintain or even enforce woo woo.
  • Vincent
    :up: This forum is really a flop. I am gone. You will think of me when you run out of food. If anyone else is interested in talking about the survival of money, that's okay.
  • universeness
    Of course. But then there have to be people without pinky's or eyes.Hillary

No, some will happily give up their current pinky for an upgrade that will offer much more functionality and longevity. Hanging a very heavy weight from it, killing a human with one flick of it, lifting a heavy object trapping a person legs, etc etc. But still has all the same functionality of a human pinky, same sense of touch, gentle pressure, growing nail(f you want), pain(if you want) etc
  • Hillary
    Sometimes woo woo thinking must be dealt with within any exchange of opinions on a particular topic. The topic of money is certainly involved in selling woo woo or earning a living from woo woo or using the power of money to maintain or even enforce woo woo.universeness

We all adhere to woowoo, brother Uni. No one is free of woowoo, neither you, as we've discussed enough now. You can question woowoo, and rightly so, but without woowoo, we are blind. Which is okay for a transhuman maybe, but not for people. You, me, Vincent, Agent Smith (he's the embodiment of woowoo even!), without woowoo, no life.
  • universeness
    This forum is really a flop. I am gone. You will think of me when you run out of food.Vincent

There are many others on the forum other that me and @hillary You can still exchange with them if you prefer.
  • Agent Smith
    we can more easily predict the future — Vincent

Predict disasters, cataclysms, catastrophes, armageddon, the apocalypse and you've basically established yourself as an authentic seer! Entropy will make sure of that! :snicker:

No wonder eschataology figures prominently in religion. It's as if iron age folks had an intuitive understanding of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, end of days and all that.

Meno's slave knew how to construct a square exactly twice the area of a given square. He only needed to be reminded of it! Go figure! :chin:
  • Hillary
    No, some will happily give up their current pinky for an upgrade that will offer much more functionality and longevity. Hanging a very heavy weight from it, killing a human with one flick of it, lifting a heavy object trapping a person legs, etc etc. But still has all the same functionality of a human pinky, same sense of touch, gentle pressure, growing nail(f you want), pain(if you want) etcuniverseness

And behold: Woowoo. No, WOOWOO! :rofl:
  • Agent Smith
    Not the most detailed reasoning you have ever offered. — universeness

I'm...only human. :smile:
  • Agent Smith
    Well said! — universeness

Danke!
  • Agent Smith
    My grandfather was very greedy and because of that I had a good childhood. — Vincent

:snicker:
  • universeness
    We all adhere to woowoo, brother Uni. No one is free of woowoo, neither you, as we've discussed enough now. You can question woowoo, and rightly so, but without woowoo, we are blind. Which is okay for a transhuman maybe, but not for people. You, me, Vincent, Agent Smith (he's the embodiment of woowoo even!), without woowoo, no lifeHillary

I endorse human imagination but we must distinguish the very useful, important aspects of human imagination that drive our pursuit of new knowledge and not the woo woo that comes from primal fears that manifest as BS woo woo from our Freudian ID.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment