• Wheatley
    We already have a couple threads on forum dedicated to complaining about US presidents. Why not start a universal thread which allows folks to complain about anything? Complain all your troubles away!
  • Wheatley
    I don't like that gif.
  • praxis

Just trying to be helpful and give you something to complain about.
  • Wheatley

I am complaining. :razz:
  • James Riley

She get something in her eye?
  • Sir2u
    Would it be possible to complain about people wasting my time with their petty complaints?

But I have some to add anyway.

It is getting cold tonight, down to 26 centigrade.

El bloody electric bill is going up again next month. I have not had time to finish installing the solar power system.

Asshole neighbor's stupid dogs will not shut up.

I think I will go over to the Thank You! thread now. To give thanks to the gods that I only have to get to the end of November to start my vacation.
  • Nils Loc
    Careful guys, there is a mirror dimensional dream entity called Nil, kind of like Freddy Kreugar or It but far less suburban, more ancient, who is drawn into this reality by complaints.

If you complain to much you'll be dragged into the mirror dimensional realm and trafficked as slaves. It's a lawless non-democratic place on the other side of the mirror, far worse than our boring dystopia.

Turn back now and stop complaining. Gush in gratitude to defend yourself. Life is grand, a given, a river of boundless mirth, that always flows to the calming rhythm of our ridiculous universe.
  • Manuel
    I'm not finding a place where to complain about stuff only philosophers or philosophically inclined people could ever conceive of complaining. Absent that, I'll post here just to get it out.

Whatever the heck are colours? They make no sense. They're not in objects, they're in minds, but they seem to be in objects.

They're caused by photons hitting the eye, which have no colour incidentally. Yet I am seeing a blue box right now, and cannot doubt that the damn box is blue, but it isn't blue, because if I close my eyes, the box has no colours. So why does it look like it's in the object, if it's not?

They're extremely vivid properties, we are delighted by them and horrified too, the same colour can induce feelings of joy or depression (blue as in the sky, or blue as in feeling blue). Do they even matter to us? Plenty of red things can be eaten, others kill you.

Let's not even talk about the ocean, that blue thing that is transparent in a cup and look black at night. How about a damn rainbow? You see many colours, but they're not in the world, somehow.

Why do colours produce emotional reactions? How can photons turn into any colour. Why would the brain do this?

I don't get it.

Fuck this.
  • Wheatley
    "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail". And if your hammer is conceptual clarification, you are doing analytic philosophy.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment