• James Riley
    I don't know if this will take off or not but I thought I'd try and give daily thanks and see if that did any good. You know, the way those touchy-feeling people say it does. Apparently it's a good way to start the day. I could list a metric shit-ton of things I'm grateful for, but I'm going to try to keep it to one per day.

Thank you, Universe, for everything that is or is not part of you, in the staid or changing form that it is or is not in. Fucking awesome!
  • Jack Cummins
    I think that it is a good idea and recommend within the philosophy of the law of attraction as recommended by Esther and Jeremy Hicks. I am sure that many on this site would rubbish the law of attraction, but I do believe that the more we appreciate what we have enables us to continue to receive.

My thanks you for today will be for all the many different people I have experienced on the forum since when I joined it almost a year ago.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I think it's an awesome thread :up:
    I am thankful for everyone here, those that I find much in common with, as well as those who are themselves and are achieving their own accomplishments.
    And I am also thankful for the health and security enough in my life to be be able to have the time to think about these things. We are on indeed the fortunate ones. :sparkle:
  • Nils Loc
    I'm thankful that we're all effectively addressing climate change and that we're innovating toward a stable state economy. Really makes me feel good.

And thank you for fantasy. Imaginary worlds are great.
  • praxis
    They say it's the little things that make life worth living so that's where I'll start, with the little things:

Quarks, Protons, Electrons, Atoms ā€“ where would we be without this stuff?!
    And scaling up a bit, thank you baby squids for being so damn cute.
    giphy.gif
  • 180 Proof
    I'm thankful for sleep.
  • James Riley
    I'm thankful for space. I love moving around in it.
  • Jack Cummins
    I emphathise with @180 Proof for being thankful for sleep. I am also glad to be having weather which is not noticeable at all. England has barely had any summer weather but some people have been struggling with unbearable heat and even life threatening weather. So, I am grateful for not being too hot to sleep.
  • James Riley
    Something sticks it's head out from behind all that I am thankful for. And I want to thank gravity. I don't know what it is, but I'm certainly grateful. Thank you for keeping it all together.
  • Jack Cummins
    Thank you for the power of reason, which can be a way of sifting through the rush of ideas which flow into consciousness.
  • 180 Proof
    I'm also thankful for all of the unknown unknowns keeping me company when I can't sleep.
  • Corvus
    I thank you for languages which enable me say thank you.
  • James Riley
    I thank the animals who have taught me that it's okay to thank them, instead of or in addition to their creator(s).
  • James Riley
    I thank the air that is held to the Earth by the gravity. I will try to spend more time appreciating each lung-full. Good stuff.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I'm thankful for the sunrise :flower:
  • praxis
    Iā€™m thankful for the question mark because it helps me ask questions?
  • James Riley
    Thank you to all who use compassionate judgement in keeping busy those who would otherwise use their time to harm me and mine.
  • James Riley
    Thank you moon. Good to have you around.
  • James Riley
    Thank you water. I still don't understand what I am seeing when you move through. But you are good.
  • Jack Cummins
    Thank you for music for its power to restore and give inspiration. I have heard quite a bit of Hendrix, but I listened to his 'Axis: Bold as Love' which I hadn't heard before, and I was simply blown away...
  • James Riley
    Thank you to all the essential workers who do what you do, which keeps me in the standard of living to which I have become accustomed. You aren't always paid enough and "thanks" doesn't always cut it, but thank you anyway. Maybe if you quit I would become a tougher, better person, but I think you teaching me what is essential and what is not, and "for" what. That is a good thing too. Thank you.
  • James Riley
    Thank you spark that keeps this old carcass moving around.
  • James Riley
    Thank you bison bull. As you lay there on that blonde hillside, taking in hot sun on black hide, chewing cud, ruminating, swatting flies; you remind me that vulnerability is no reason not to rest. There is time. Lots of it.
  • James Riley
    Thank you darkness. I love to patrol in you.
  • James Riley
    Thank you me, for taking a break.
  • James Riley
    Thank you, Apishapa. Good country.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Thank you for being here :flower:
  • James Riley

:up: :smile: Thank you, likewise.
  • Nils Loc
    I thank all involved in De Niro's portrayal of Travis Bickle in the 1976 movie, Taxi Driver, even though I never saw the movie and just read the plot on wikipedia. Sounds like a good movie.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement ā€” just fascinating conversations.