• javi2541997

I am not worried about it but it pisses me off because they are so hell stubborn. I think Spain is losing a lot of time and resources due to this issue.
  • NOS4A2
    Biden is back at camp David, and has yet to speak to any world leaders. What a disgrace.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/568228-biden-yet-to-speak-with-world-leaders-after-fall-of-kabul
  • Streetlight
    The only thing I wonder about is why Biden was so confident when it is sure that such remarks would fly in his face only weeks or moths later.Tobias

Trump proved you could lie about things right in front of everyone's face and have most of the country swallow it there and then. Presidents lie routinely. Biden is simply following a grand tradition. Accountability is simply lacking.
  • Shawn

You could say that's how America felt about going it alone with Afghanistan after everyone pulled out.
  • NOS4A2
    The Biden administration fully armed the Taliban.

7501b3ee6851270f09d23adf467cf61ce7f323bf.jpg
    The Sunday Times

The US military leadership abandoned Bagram Airforce Base, like cowards, in the middle of the night without telling their Afghan allies.

The US military launched a drone strike at an alleged suicide bomber, but killed 10 civilians, most of whom were children.

No one has resigned; no one has been impeached; no one has been held accountable.
  • Shawn

Technically it was the Pentagon; but, everyone blames the President.
  • NOS4A2

"The buck stops with me", says POTATUS, the commander-in-chief.
  • Shawn

Sure, it seems to me that that's an oversimplification.
  • NOS4A2

You don't think Biden bears any responsibility?
  • Shawn

I think the answer to that question is in the realm of the military and intelligence services as to why the Afghan military quickly surrendered with all the American equipment.
  • NOS4A2

I think the answer to that question is in the realm of the military and intelligence services as to why the Afghan military quickly surrendered with all the American equipment.

A "no" would have sufficed.
  • James Riley
    A "no" would have sufficed.NOS4A2

It would suffice for a simple person, incapable of appreciating nuance. Just because a real man, with broad shoulders, steps up and assumes responsibility for the actions of the weak and stupid does not mean he is responsible for those actions:

“I started the process. All the troops are coming home. They (Biden) couldn’t stop the process. 21 years is enough. They (Biden) couldn’t stop the process, they (Biden) wanted to but couldn’t stop the process.”
    - Trump (Republican), June 26 2021

Trump (Republican) parlayed with the enemy, surrendered to them, without even giving our Afghan allies a seat at the table, had 5,000 enemy released, including Isis K members and the Taliban turd who is now their leader. He drew down to 2.5k troops and then dumped this steaming pile of shit on Biden's lap. Now all his pussy sheep line up to blame Biden. That is par for the course with Republicans: They ruin the U.S., turn it over to the Democrats to fix (blaming them for all the problems) and then come on back in and trash it again. Rinse, repeat. So, Biden excepting responsibility is just what men like him do.

Republicans, on the other hand:

"I don't accept responsibility at all." Trump (Republican) regarding Covid.
  • NOS4A2

Republicans rebuked Trump’s efforts to withdraw. It's true he made a deal with the Taliban, but the "intra-afghan dialogue", the "Doha agreement", prove the Afghan government did have a seat at the table. The deal was endorsed by NATO and the UN Security Council.

So what happens when the other party break the conditions of the Doha agreement? A competent human being might go back to the agreement and note that the other parties did not abide, and declare the rest null and void. A competent person would not have given the other parties what they wanted. Except Biden did not enforce the agreement or negotiate a new one, and abandoned Afghanistan and our allies despite the lack of Afghan/Talbian negotiations, which was a condition of the agreement. In any case, it's impossible to blame Trump for what Biden had done.
  • James Riley
    It's true he made a deal with the Taliban,NOS4A2

I the famous words of NOS4A2 "A [true] would have sufficed."

it's impossible to blame Trump for what Biden had done.NOS4A2

Watch me. I learned from the Republicans on how you can always blame the other side. All this shit is George Bush's and Trump's fault, all of it. Obama and Biden have no responsibility for anything bad that happened over there. None. They may assume it, but it's not there's. R's were beholden to the MIC. I talked to a guy who was training up the As and he basically said the private contractors were just there for the $ and there was no surprise in the lack of resistance.

You can shuck and jive all you want, but it was Trump's fault, the Republican's fault. All of it.

There is not a single R that could have done better than Biden and they all would have done worse. They are Monday Morning Quarterbacks, nit-picking shit they put into play and would fuck up totally if left in charge of it. R's could not find a single person within their ranks with the honor, honesty or courage of Joe.
  • NOS4A2

Biden did not enforce the agreement or negotiate a new one, and abandoned Afghanistan and our allies despite the lack of Afghan/Taliban negotiations, which was a condition of the agreement. He then blamed the Afghans for all of it.

Of course I expect you to blame others for the failings of your guy.
  • James Riley
    Biden did not enforce the agreement or negotiate a new oneNOS4A2

I don't know how familiar you are with international agreements, but you generally lost credibility when you come in and do what Trump did with international trade agreements. Foreigners can't rely on a new dummy every four years coming in and undoing what the last dummy did. Like private contract, you generally try to do what the last guy committed the United States of America to. There's a little thing called "your word." But Trump wouldn't know about that. He just know Joe would abide America's word.

My guy didn't fail. As I taught you, with Trump's OWN WORDS, it's his fault. And by your defense of him, it is your fault. Besides, if Trump was the bee's knees, why didn't he do it all? He had four years. Fact is, he's a dishonorable coward and a liar and he set all this shit up for Biden to fail. Trump is a traitor to the U.S. He shit on all the protocols for A exit papers, buried shit and made this all what it was, of his own work (well, him and his henchmen like Popous). The who thing is a Trump failure. All of it. And no R on the face of the Earth could have done a better job than Joe just did.
  • James Riley
    "Nothing unites the GOP like punishing a Democratic president for inheriting a war they lost." LOLGOP
  • NOS4A2

He didn’t commit to it. To commit to the agreement would be to enforce the conditions. The conditions of the agreement were not met by the other parties, but he went through with it anyways. Why would you abide by the same agreement if other parties didn’t? Only because you’re an idiot or a coward, or both. That’s what Xiden is.

As for the MIC, Bush and Obama military brass excoriated Trump and endorsed Biden for president. Look at them now.
  • James Riley

“Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAID TRUMP DEFEATED ISIS demanding that we deploy more troops to Afghanistan to kill ISIS.” Angry Staffer
  • tim wood
    :100: :100: :100: You do have a way with words!
  • James Riley
    You do have a way with words!tim wood

:up: Some are mine, but I did steal some from people on the Iron Snowflake. I provided attribution for those. :grin:

Trump losers don't like us drinking cups of conservative tears and not giving a fuck about their feelings. Go figure. Karma. One of my favorite quotes, paraphrased: "When Michelle says when they go low, we go high. I can't do that. Maybe half way. How's that?" :lol: Can't remember who said it.
  • Prishon
    You do have a way with words!tim wood

The thing is though that its only words.
  • Prishon
    Prishon said:

"
    I assume you refer to the situation in Afghanistan. Who sold Osama bin Laden rockets? To be fired at commies? Indeed America. The seeds were laid. Mujahedin---Talibanned---AlQuaeda/IS...

Now the US has gone. After the longest war ever raged. 20 000 died in the fight agaist a terrorism for which they themselves laid the base.

Was it worthwhile?"
  • Seppo
    “Sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of THE SAME PEOPLE WHO SAID TRUMP DEFEATED ISIS demanding that we deploy more troops to Afghanistan to kill ISIS.” Angry StafferJames Riley
    :lol:
  • NOS4A2

And the Biden-approved talking points have run out. I wager that noise you hear is a sucking one.
  • James Riley
    And the Biden-approved talking points have run out. I wager that noise you hear is a sucking one.NOS4A2

Four years. Four long years. Nothing. Nothing but bluster. Putin's bitch. Trump is a stain on America that . . . well, never mind.

Biden got over 100,000 people out in one of the largest air lifts in history, in the middle of a fucking war zone, after Trump set a table full of shit, capitulated to the enemy, surrendered, and drew down our presence to 2.5k.. I think all Americans can agree it's a good thing to be gone, but in typical Trump style, he made it happen the way a coward would make it happen: do the easy thing, make it hard for your successor, and then, like a little pussy, leave. Why didn't he exit? Because he's a pussy. I mean, can you just imagine the knot your panties would be in right now if Biden had reversed Trump, gone back on our word, surged and started up the war again? Or, forget that, just added one troop. You'd be apoplectic, hair on fire, screaming like a little bitch. LOL!

How his sheep don't see him as the antithesis of everything they pretend to look up to and admire speaks volumes about them. And it's not good. It is a good thing, however, that their Jesus is a pacifist. Otherwise he'd come down here and kick the living shit out of all of them. Must be nice to know you can get away with anything simply because you are forgiven. In that case you can even act like Trump.
  • frank

At least Biden doesn't say the stupidest thing anybody could possibly say. That's nice.
  • Shawn
    And America has left Afghanistan before the deadline.
  • ssu
    Of course I expect you to blame others for the failings of your guy.NOS4A2
    I'd say Trump & Biden are a toxic mix of US unilateralism and bad policy.

Of course, Biden upheld the surrender deal that Trump did with the Taliban. And naturally we go on from here to drone strikes. As obviously that unilateral counterterrorism works so well without any feet on the ground. Everything can be interpreted from a drone flying high above, as we know. :roll:

And the marvelous Leon Panetta said it all:

'We're going to have to go back in to get ISIS. We're probably going to have to go back in when Al Qaeda resurrects itself, as they will, with this Taliban. They've gave safe haven to Al Qaeda before, they'll probably do it again.'

He added: 'I understand that we're trying to get our troops out of there, but the bottom line is, we can leave a battlefield, but we can't leave the War on Terrorism, which still is a threat to our security.'

Ah yes.

I think the ex-national security advisor H.R. McMaster said it well. The US didn't fight a long 20-year war in Afghanistan, the US fought a one year war twenty times over in Afghanistan. And now Biden IS BACK TO THE GEORGE BUSH TALKING POINT: The US will only to fight the terrorists (and only with drones or so) and the US isn't going to "nation build".

Yeah, that worked wonders. But if it works in Hollywood movies, it has to work in real life!!!
  • ssu
    And America has left Afghanistan before the deadline.Shawn

In Washington, Gen. Frank McKenzie, head of U.S. Central Command, announced the completion of America’s longest war and the evacuation effort, saying the last planes took off from Kabul airport at 3:29 p.m. EDT — one minute before midnight Monday in Kabul.

“We did not get everybody out that we wanted to get out,” he said.

So how many American citizens were left to Afghanistan?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment