• tim wood
    If you have any silver, watch the market! C. 1980, the Hunt brothers, from Texas, tried to corner all the silver in the world by buying it; they went bust from the attempt. But it lead to people like me more than once walking into a coin shop in Boston with an old silver quarter and walking out with a five dollar bill.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Right now Silver is a red herring. It is clear handwriting on the wall that Citidel is Silver in disguise.
    These younger, smart as a whip kids got the fat cats of Wall Street running scared and the kids are willing to hold the line.
  • Nils Loc
    These younger, smart as a whip kids got the fat cats of Wall Street running scared and the kids are willing to hold the line.ArguingWAristotleTiff

Eh, I doubt it. Wallstreet will always have the upper-hand at exploiting and exacerbating these trends. Their fingers are in every pie.
  • praxis
    I just looked at graphs for silver and gold. Both corresponded to econonomic trends such as the downturns around 1980 and 2010. Did the Hunt bros even dent the price?

I want to invest in tulips. Who's with me?!
  • Streetlight
    Reddit is actively discouraging people from buying silver and anyone who thinks otherwise has no idea what they are talking about.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @StreetlightX
    I'm guessing you are already aware that
    Reddit is where free speech has moved to, as it is remaining as a safe community to collaborate in, for the moment anyway.
    The other place that I have been watching is on the Crypto Currency boards and have seen some crossover. Doge coin is an example of being up 38% yesterday which was talked about in the Reddit forum.
    These kids (18+) are investing their stimulus checks into this toppling of the old school investments. Additionally, Reddit is world wide with people from other countries openly saying that they are putting money in as well.
    It seems as though the 1% have a bitter pill to swallow as the curtian is being pulled back.
    These kids have time, money and most of all a bet to settle with the man who they feel have been keeping them at the kids table.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Eh, I doubt it. Wallstreet will always have the upper-hand at exploiting and exacerbating these trends. Their fingers are in every pie.Nils Loc
    You may in fact be right.
    The big difference that I see is that old money has always trusted Wall Street and the younger generation don't trust anyone. They do their due diligence in researching out who they work for, play with and most of all they are very determined to make their money work for them BUT refuse to do something just because that's the way it's always been done.
    These kids are going to rock our world one issue at a time and I am impressed as fuck!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.