• Streetlight
    Ah yes, this is the left's fault.

Which mental gymnastic routine will be preformed next?

More after the break.
  • NOS4A2
    Observe the “Twitter-verse”. The same people who abused the euphemism “mostly-peaceful protest” as mobs burned down and seized entire blocks of cities are screaming terrorism because of a few broken windows and strewn about papers in the capitol building. Clown world.
  • Garth

What is the "this" about which you speak?
  • Mr Bee
    Just imagine if Trump had the humility to accept the election results in early November. The GOP wouldn't lose the senate, the party wouldn't have to fracture itself, and today didn't have to happen. The most powerful nation in the world is falling apart right now because a 75-year old man baby couldn't accept that he lost.
  • Mikie
    This is what comes of electing a sociopathic con man. What a fitting end: a disgraceful finale to the worst President in US history. To the millions who voted him into office, the 40% of Americans who supported him through four long years, and all the 70+ million people who voted for him: let this be your legacy. You’re responsible for this. You’re complicit in this. The damage done to the future of the country and the world over the last four years is unforgivable and unforgettable. We’ve become a global embarrassment.

But despite the best efforts to run this country into the ground and, through foreign policy, nuclear weapons policy, and climate change policy, the rest of the world, there were more rational people than not.

We now have the presidency, the house and the senate. The healing and rebuilding begins. We have much work to do, and have learned hard lessons — from 40 years of neoliberal policies, an economic crash, a leader who turned his back on us (Obama) as we were sleeping, and now four years of destruction and degeneration. We can’t repeat these mistakes again.
  • Baden
    We all having fun? Anyone want a drink? Makes some of the comments here easier to digest, I promise.
  • Mikie
    "History will rightly remember today’s violence at the Capitol, incited by a sitting president who has continued to baselessly lie about the outcome of a lawful election, as a moment of great dishonor and shame for our nation. But we’d be kidding ourselves if we treated it as a total surprise.
    For two months now, a political party and its accompanying media ecosystem has too often been unwilling to tell their followers the truth — that this was not a particularly close election and that President-Elect Biden will be inaugurated on January 20. Their fantasy narrative has spiraled further and further from reality, and it builds upon years of sown resentments. Now we’re seeing the consequences, whipped up into a violent crescendo."
  • Mikie
    Captures a lot of it. Especially the parts about neoliberalism and media ecosystems. Despite the latter coming from the guy who helped create the conditions for Trump by turning his back on his supporters. But regardless.
  • Streetlight
    It doesn’t take much to be more progressive and bold than we have been historically, so xtrix is probably technically correct even if we’re still not VERY progressive and bold.Pfhorrest

Biden has systematically and with intent shut out every even marginally progressive voice out of his cabinet and decision making apparatus. The idea that it would be 'more progressive and bold than ever before' is no less delusional than those idiots on the hill right now. It's Blue MAGA.
  • Brett

The most powerful nation in the world is falling apart right now because a 75-year old man baby couldn't accept that he lost.Mr Bee

The first part is true. Getting rid of Trump won’t change it. America is dysfunctional.
  • Garth

The world is falling apart because of Global Warming. But yes, it's all Trump's fault.
  • Mr Bee
    Oh no, America is screwed even with Trump gone, but I'm just saying that it's alot more screwy than it is now in this instance because he's a petty manchild. It's both hilarious and sad.
  • Mikie
    Has anyone gathered anything factual about why the police and security allowed this to happen? How could they not have anticipated this? Where was the ass-kicking that we saw this summer from law enforcement?
  • frank
    Has anyone gathered anything factualXtrix

No facts, but there's a rumour that trump initially refused to mobilize the dc national guard. Maybe he also undermined security at the Capitol? Sounds insane, but maybe.
  • Brett

Right or wrong I think these people had a lot more commitment, not just the banging of drums and chanting.
  • Streetlight
    The cops and the protestors are the exact same people. There's no big mystery here. Both are costume donning larpers with a propensity to violence; one with an official mandate from the state, the other with an unofficial one.
  • Mikie

Nothing seems insane today, but I'd like to know something more concrete.

Yeah, they had a goal I suppose. But unlike burning a building spontaneously, given that they knew there were thousands of people in town and that this was certainly a possibility, you'd imagine the security would have been ramped up. Also, the small fact that it's the capital building and was in session. It's baffling.
  • NOS4A2
    Facial recognition firm claims antifa infiltrated Trump protesters who stormed Capitol

Trump supporters say that antifa members disguised as one of them infiltrated the protesters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday.

A retired military officer told The Washington Times that the firm XRVision used its software to do facial recognition of protesters and matched two Philadelphia antifa members to two men inside the Senate.

The source provided the photo match to The Times.

One has a tattoo that indicates he is a Stalinist sympathizer. antifa promotes anarchy through violence and wants the end of America in favor of a Stalinist-state. “No more USA at all” is a protest chant.
    XRVision also has identified another man who, while not known to have antifa links, is someone who shows up at climate and Black Lives Matter protests in the West.

I wouldn’t doubt it.

The police let them in, they got their photo-op of “democracy under attack”, killed a veteran, and dipped.
  • Mikie

And also have the numbers, training, technology, equipment, weaponry, etc., that should far surpass anything we saw today. If used. For some reason, it wasn't. (Until much later.)
  • Mikie
    I wouldn’t doubt it.NOS4A2

What a shocker.
  • Mr Bee
    I heard Antifa also caused 9/11, WWII, and killed off the dinosaurs. It's true.
  • Mikie

Yeah and I heard all the "rioting and looting" was really Trump supporters in disguise.

Wouldn't doubt it.
  • frank
    The man with the fur and horns was a QAnon guy in from Arizona.
  • Mr Bee

Sounds plausible. Maybe it was the fascists who caused WWII and not Antifa.
  • Streetlight
    And also have the numbers, training, technology, equipment, weaponry, etc.Xtrix
  • Garth

I guess that Antifa also tricked Trump into giving speeches to those same protesters inciting them to march on the Capitol building.

Source
  • Maw
    That’s not the cops taking selfies.Brett

Ah right, it's just a dude in a vest clearly labelled 'police'.StreetlightX

The guy in the red hat took the photo.Brett

You're like, a bit dull aren't you?StreetlightX

How?Brett

lmao incredible
  • Maw
    We're here for you America.StreetlightX

Please help us
  • Maw
    Facial recognition firm claims antifa infiltrated Trump protesters who stormed CapitolNOS4A2

I heard antifa fucked your girlfriend
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.