• Hippyhead
    A hippy house I built in the woods back in the seventies. Don't have any photos, so I modeled it in SketchUp for the memory lane buzz.

• Sir2u
    I seriously doubt that any of that is real, but it makes for a good ready. :rofl:
    I would have just said that his knickers were showing.
  • praxis

Oh it’s real... but I confess that I plagiarized a bit from a movie that I watched the other day.

• Sir2u
    Oh it’s real... but I confess that I plagiarized a bit from a movie that I watched the other day.praxis

Real, from a movie. :chin:

:smirk: OK, I believe you.
  • Nils Loc
    Has someone been juggling?
  • Baden

Nice balls.
  • praxis
    Nice balls.Baden

No one's ever told me that before, thanks!
  • Noble Dust

I see eyeballs. (Ice-y eyeballs?)
  • praxis

Nope, they’re not the icy eyeballs of a tri-visioned alien monstrosity from outer-space. Your fanciful imagination would make even old Rorschach raise a brow. As Nils has aptly recognized, they’re juggling balls. Juggling balls that have sat idly on my work desk for so long that I don’t even remember from whence they came. They were initially positioned there, if memory serves, to act as a physical distraction during work breaks. I don’t think that I ever employed them in that capacity, however.

Each ball has two weird bunny-eared smiley faces on the white areas that I didn’t paint. If included they probably would have made them look less like icy eyeballs to you. Also in my defense, it was done with a new digital painting program that I just started learning called Procreate. The program has a dizzying amount of brush variables to work with and I haven't worked out a configuration that I like yet.

update_10.jpg
  • Noble Dust

Cool that the juggling balls ended up serving some purpose. I was just making a dumb joke about "I see" and "Ice-y". Pay no mind. Impressive that it was done digitally. Reminds me of the continuously more blurred line between analog and digital synthesis in music production. :chin:
  • Sir2u
    Procreate and balls should not be used in the same thread, please take note for the future well being of the forums morality. :wink:
  • Nils Loc
    Is that Rudy G? Good image for a magic card.

hZOmaTo.png
  • praxis
    Is that Rudy G?Nils Loc

Yup, though not a good likeness. I was just going for old batshit cray cray white guy and Rudy provided a bountiful muse.

Interesting ball game. :chin:
  • Noble Dust
    A friend of mine featured a track of mine from my ambient project Sixty Ton Angel on this guest mix.

https://cashmereradio.com/episode/transience-32-with-lou-drago-and-forest-management/
  • praxis
    I composed a little ditty on an iPad.

Delirious
  • Nils Loc
    Interesting ball game.praxis

Just a Magic the Gathering (card game) reference, fun and extremely expensive game many kids in U.S. are exposed to in junior high or earlier, since 1990s. Somewhat reminescent of DnD. The premise is that you are a spell caster who uses a deck of 60 cards (colored mana and spells) to reduce your opponents life to 0 from 20. Deck construction can be thematic from fundamental color types to a multitude of (sub)category types out of a potential pool of 20,000 distinct cards. Lots of great art on those cards. Maybe that is part of the reason they were/are so expensive.

rabLQAh.png
  • Miguel Hernández
    madman.jpg

God bless the hairs that have escaped from that head.
  • Wayfarer
    Empty Lives.

This is one of my songs, written, arranged and played by me, using Logic Pro X on a Mac Powerbook, vocals courtesy of some talent I hired on https://www.airgigs.com/ (where you can find producers, vocal talent etc.)

I originally wrote this decades ago, after the Columbine High shooting. I wanted to write a song about the spiritual emptiness that gives rise to these atrocities. Hence the title. But in the end it was too dark a subject for a pop song, so I turned it into a boy-girl story, girl talks boy out of a shooting. Earlier this year, I got it out of the bottom drawer again, and then found a great producer on Airgigs to help with the vocals. (Don't even know the name of the vocalist!) Hope you enjoy.
  • Nils Loc
    Empty Lives (Lyrics)

JJ's got a piece (&) he's learning
    How to use it
    If he can't find release then someday soon he's gonna lose it
    But nobody sees him turning or knows that inside he's learning
    Looking for a chance to go out inside a fiery blaze

Jodi has a chance and she knows she has to take it
    Because she's the only one who JJ understands will never fake it

Now who do you think you're fooling
    Why would I walk on by
    I can see what you're doing
    But I just don't know why

You don't want to have to climb your mountain
    Want to sail away to some other shore
    Are you going to find somebody there who loves you more

You don't want to think about the future
    If there ain't no light (life) to see

But I'm gonna show you there's a light (life) when you're with me
  • Nils Loc
    AfVD4g4.jpg

Photography... the artistic cheat, more consumptive, more about taking than making. An in-game picture of Gorilla Games Horizon: Zero Dawn virtual world above. A news outlet has been tricked into showing in-game photography as if it was mundane photograph. What's the difference if you can't tell the difference at first glance?

tKZR3VD.jpg

Guingamp, France 2011, River Walk. There is something about crawling ivy that is aesthetically satisfying, even though its a noxious grower. Kudzu... where are you?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I'm officially freaked out about some of the references here!
    I just can't get the idea of Rudy's bald balls out of my head! :scream:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet