• Eugen
    Over 1 trillion years, when technology and biology will have evolved enormously, will life be related to the same things as today, i.e. survival, the pursuit of happiness, the avoidance of suffering, love, hate, etc., or will it relate to completely different things that we cannot see today?
  • Olivier5
    This planet will be gone to ashes by then.
  • Eugen
    Sure, but that doesn't mean intelligent life won't be around
  • Fuckiminthematrix
    50,000 years ago the human race suddenly developed the ability to create art. happening all over the continents. no explanation can be explained other then the development of the mind simultaneously.

what if we are already going through the process of evolution? what if the process of mental illness is our brains developing and changing to adapt to the modern world? PTSD through recovery the brain chemistry changes and eventually processes events and trauma differently. I have been diagnosed with psychosis due to an influx of dopamine in my brain, whose to say that makes me ill? is it just that i am not conforming or viewing the world in the same way as others? is this necessarily a bad thing? or just an awkward topic for people to approach?

technology may not necessarily help in the evolution of the human race and more so in the de-evolution. Whilst people rely on technology the brain no longer needs the function to retain information, which in studies has shown an increase in early dementia. The new studies of biology could also have a consequences, what if we increase life expectancy but continue to breed? how will we feed and over populated planet? what if we find cures for more genetic disorders thus breeding with faulty DNA that would of otherwise been eradicated from our gene pool? we will be our own demise.
  • 8livesleft
    Over 1 trillion years, when technology and biology will have evolved enormously, will life be related to the same things as today, i.e. survival, the pursuit of happiness, the avoidance of suffering, love, hate, etc., or will it relate to completely different things that we cannot see today?Eugen

I think living things will always want to survive and thrive, this means they will always want to avoid unnecessary pain and suffering and want to promote or enhance their well-being.

However, the form that life takes at that point might be very different - assuming complex sentient life survives or possibly return to their most basic form (amoeba, bacteria and other simple organisms) if sentient life doesn't survive.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.