• Christopher
    I don't think I broke any guidelines for this forum. And if I did, it was completely innocent. I have a screenshot of the discussion. Can anyone kindly explain what it is I violated? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, y'all.:smile: [url=http://R28xVWo.png]Picture of post that was removed[/url]
  • Nils Loc
    What is your central paragraph saying? As far as my reading of it, if you omitted it, nothing would be lost.

One can guess why Anton Levay decided to make solipsism a cardinal sin but it's still just a guess, unless he wrote the reasons down somewhere.

What is solipsism?
  • Jamal
    I don't think I broke any guidelines for this forum. And if I did, it was completely innocent. I have a screenshot of the discussion. Can anyone kindly explain what it is I violated?Christopher

This is good writing. The post I deleted was not. Sorry, it was just too unclear for an opening post.
  • Christopher
    I do not believe he stated his reasoning, and if he did it was highly esoteric like many religious/cult doctrines. Solipsism, to put it shortly is a branch of epistemology that theorizes the mind is the only construct of reality, and only other facets are indeterminate of existence.
  • Christopher
    What post that you deleted?
  • Philosophim
    If you feel your post deletion was a mistake, then you should be privately reaching out to the mods. No one here can confirm what your post actually was, and what they were thinking.
  • praxis
    Perhaps the devil made them delete it.
  • Jamal
    The one you're asking about. I'm one of the staff.
  • Christopher
    Ah, okay. Thanks for explaining. Next time I will make use of brevity.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.