• Banno
    On Memorial Day 2017, Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery, a short drive from the White House. He was accompanied on this visit by John Kelly, who was then the secretary of homeland security, and who would, a short time later, be named the White House chief of staff. The two men were set to visit Section 60, the 14-acre area of the cemetery that is the burial ground for those killed in America’s most recent wars. Kelly’s son Robert is buried in Section 60. A first lieutenant in the Marine Corps, Robert Kelly was killed in 2010 in Afghanistan. He was 29. Trump was meant, on this visit, to join John Kelly in paying respects at his son’s grave, and to comfort the families of other fallen service members. But according to sources with knowledge of this visit, Trump, while standing by Robert Kelly’s grave, turned directly to his father and said, “I don’t get it. What was in it for them?” Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers
  • creativesoul
    . There is not enough education in America to realize what's happening.JerseyFlight

Nodding...
  • Benkei
    Where are all these fears coming from about stuff that isn't going to happen?
  • Baden
    Trump is pissing down the throat of conservatives and everything conservatives pretend to stand for. And they're in so deep they have to make like they're drinking champagne. It's beautiful.
  • Streetlight
    As I read somewhere else - these people would eat a shit sandwich just so that some 'lib' somewhere could smell their breath. Trump being said sandwich.
  • NOS4A2
    First the UAE and Isreali peace deal, now the Belgrade–Pristina deal, and the anti-Trump brigade can’t get past the gossip, palace intrigue, and other deep-state dinner theater. Love it.
  • NOS4A2
    Critical race theory extirpated from federal training from here on out, according to a new memorandum. Good riddance.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/M-20-34.pdf
  • Baden
    Poor @NOS4A2 trying to cope as Trump world falls to pieces. The military now hate this scumbag as much as the Dems do. Trump is dead meat. It's over.
  • Derukugi
    As I read somewhere else - these people would eat a shit sandwich just so that some 'lib' somewhere could smell their breath. Trump being said sandwich.StreetlightX

High level of discussion here. Love the topical arguments.
  • Michael

Washington Post:

A former senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly, confirmed to The Washington Post that the president frequently made disparaging comments about veterans and soldiers missing in action, referring to them at times as “losers.”

In one account, the president told senior advisers that he didn’t understand why the U.S. government placed such value on finding soldiers missing in action because they had performed poorly and gotten caught and deserved what they got, according to a person familiar with the discussion.

But of course this must be a lie, right? Except:

During the 2016 presidential election, Trump derided McCain’s legacy as a war hero, saying of his years as a prisoner of war in North Vietnam, “I like people who weren’t captured.”
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Critical race theory extirpated from federal training from here on out, according to a new memorandum. Good riddance.NOS4A2

Framed as "divisive, anti-American propaganda".
    It boggles the mind to think of what this guy's concept of "American" might be.

Notice that instead of referring to the actual program, and what is being carried out by the program, (the president would have clear access to this information); he refers to press reports about the program.
    For example, according to press reports, employees across the Executive Branch have
    been required to...
  • tim wood
    Second paragraph, first line, "For example, according to press reports." That says it all. Edit: I see MU got here first.
  • NOS4A2

He should have thrown in “pseudoscientific nonsense”, as well.
  • Derukugi
    Metaphysician Undercover

That is exactly what "critical race theory" is. You might want to read up on its roots, its current dogma (DiAngelos White Fragility is a good start), and on the context of the programs pushed by these groups. Benjamin Boyce had a running documentation of the events at Evergreen College, which was a precursor of what is now playing out on a larger scale.
  • praxis
    Jennifer Griffin is a Fox News correspondent.

That is exactly what "critical race theory" is.Derukugi

So how is educating people in critical race theory supposed to be anti-American.
    He should have thrown in “pseudoscientific nonsense”, as well.NOS4A2

One can frame all the social sciences as "pseudoscientifc", but that doesn't mean social sciences shouldn't be taught.
  • NOS4A2

One can frame all the social sciences as "pseudoscientifc", but that doesn't mean social sciences shouldn't be taught.

That doesn’t mean it should be taught, either. But I was speaking of critical race theory in particular, which largely rejects the idea that scholarship should be or could be “neutral” and “objective”.
    But I was speaking of critical race theory in particular, which largely rejects the idea that scholarship should be or could be “neutral” and “objective”.NOS4A2

What's wrong with teaching that? It seems pretty obvious to me that scholarship can't be neutral or "objective". That's an idealist fantasy.
  • 180 Proof
    Putin's Orange Crush is so effin' butthurt :rofl:
  • Changeling
    Biden's a half-wit but trump is a quarter-wit

• NOS4A2
    Unemployment is down to 8.4%, 1.4 million jobs were added to the economy in August, so all his opponents are left to play is “Trump said...”.

But Trump said the right things according to a gold star husband whose wife was killed by a suicide bomber in Syria.

That voice from the doorway, though, was familiar because it belonged to a man I had seen on television countless times: President Donald Trump. As he approached me, he extended his right hand to shake mine, placed his left hand on my shoulder, looked me in my eyes and said, “I’m so sorry for your loss. Shannon was an amazing woman and warrior.”

I still have no idea what exactly I said in response. The days after my wife, Shannon Kent, was killed by a suicide bomber during a mission to fight ISIS in Syria in January 2019 had been such a blur and, anyway, I’d never met a president before.

But (I am told) I thanked President Trump, and I remember he held eye contact with me. And in his eyes, I could see — unmistakably — the same pain I’d seen in the eyes of other senior leaders who ultimately bear the responsibility for sending men and women to their deaths in combat.

As we unclasped our hands, the president said to me, “Shannon was the real deal, we are lucky to have people like her willing to go out there and face evil for us.” He kept his arm on my shoulder.

Together, as we waited for the plane that would bring Shannon home, we spent another 20 minutes talking about my wife, our children and what an amazing mother, wife, and soldier she was. It was clear to me that President Trump truly cared — not just that Shannon and three others had been killed in Syria, but about who Shannon and the three others were as people.

Then the president did something that I did not expect: he asked me what I thought about Syria and what we were doing there. He talked to me — a Green Beret and a combat veteran, not some expert at the Pentagon or a think tank — about the wisdom leaving troops in harm's way once ISIS’s territorial caliphate had been destroyed. It was clear to me that he was deeply conflicted about whether staying in Syria was worth the lives lost — Shannon and her three colleagues — on that day in January.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-came-dover-after-my-wife-was-killed-fighting-isis-ncna1239425

Credit to NBC for even allowing the op-ed, but it shows a man brave enough to stand by his story while the military industrial complex feeds cowardly gossip from the shadows.
  • Streetlight
    Our little Trump prostitute NOS still pretending that there's any possible way to think that Trump is not a soulless wasteland of a human being hey?
  • Kevin

I noticed this too. Also - the addition of "evil" was odd...
  • Derukugi

Our little Trump prostitute NOS still pretending that there's any possible way to think that Trump is not a soulless wasteland of a human being hey?

Yeah, arguments like that will convince people who are not TDS sufferers. Got to love the high level of discussion here.
  • Derukugi
    Antifa mugshots:

https://duckduckgo.com/antifa%20mugshots?iax=images&ia=images

Notice some similarity in the deranged facial expression? I think a gallery of TDS sufferers would look similar (albeit with better personal hygiene, I assume)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.