• Benkei
    Degenerate ratfuck sounds about right though. No need to defend Biden here. As long as I've been aware of US politics - since Bill Clinton - the US hadn't had a decent President. US politics is too beholden to special interests to produce politicians in electable positions that are good for the whole country. The upside is that more and more Americans seem to realise it the downside is that it produces - for US sensibilities - two polarised views: social democracy similar to Nordic Europe on the one hand and individualism, laissez fair capitalism and minimal government on the other.
  • tim wood
    You've been watching too much American TV and too many movies. And it seems a proof of even an excess of credulity to measure US presidents by the same yardstick. If for example you discern no differences between Obama on one side, the Bushes and Trump on another, and Clinton on a third, then all your observations are suspect.
  • Benkei
    Only an American will insist on there being a meaningful difference. You don't understand what it is to have an actual democracy.
  • Streetlight
    Shades of corporate shit-stain, all of them.
  • Deleteduserrc
    No, You’re a shit stain! This forum is falling apart.
  • tim wood
    Only an American will insist on there being a meaningful difference. You don't understand what it is to have an actual democracy.Benkei

Not being 2300 years old, I don't. Do you? I don't insist on "meaningful difference," I simply indicate them. Perhaps it's unreasonable to suppose that someone far enough away might not discern them, but in that case, he might refrain from comments that must be foolish in their ignorance.
  • Benkei
    The only ignorance on display is the American centric view. Regardless of the party in power the likelihood of laws being passed that has a near 100% majority of support among people is only 30%. Which is the same likelihood of a law being passed that nobody wants. At least when you're talking about the bottom 90% of earners.

The top 10% can block legislation they don't want effectively and have more than double the likelihood of having laws passed they do want.

This is the same regardless of which party is in power. So you can take your belligerent tone elsewhere and maybe learn something from people who don't have a horse in the US race and therefore see the system for what it is. An oligarchy.

But you know this of course because you've actually read the Princeton study proving it instead of just being American and eligible to vote thinking that makes you qualified to have an informed opinion on the matter.
  • tim wood
    Regardless of the party in powerBenkei
    I do not disagree with your overall assessment. But your comments I took issue with were not on point, but rather comments about persons.
  • Benkei
    Not really. They could've installed a slug or Hillary last time and you'd pretty much would be in the same place as you are now. Or do you think those interests wanting everything to open up would've magically not existed with Hillary? The idea "if only it weren't Trump" totally denies how the two party system operates.
  • tim wood
    Honestly this man revulses me more than Trump. At least Trump is clear that he is a degenerate ratfuck and revels in it. This guy is a degenerate ratfuck and pretends not to be.StreetlightX
    A degenerate ratfuck is one who doesn't care if 1,000 children get bombed.SophistiCat
    Degenerate ratfuck sounds about right though.Benkei

Not really.Benkei

You're not getting it. And if the juxtaposition of these doesn't help you I don't know what will. According to you-all the man is a ratfuck. Not sure just what the technical definition of a ratfuck is, but apparently to you-all it's somehow substantive. And then you clarify it by referencing that which on your say-so has nothing to do with the man. Can you see why someone looking for sense in what you're writing maybe has trouble finding it?
  • Streetlight
    Biden, the man, is definately a degenrate ratfack who, the day he drops dead, will leave the world a better place. It's hard to think of many others so instrumental in helping usher forth policies that have immerserated not only millions in the US, but in other parts of the world as well. Oh and he's probably a rapist too so there's that.
  • SophistiCat
    you-alltim wood

I am not "you-all." I don't care for Biden. But I am not of an opinion that if I can't get what I want right fucking now, then let the world burn and I'll roast the marshmallows. Unlike X, to me the lives of 1,000 children are not a trifle.
  • Gregory
    I think the only hope for the Democrats is for Biden to drop out before the election. Trump was ok for four years but four more years will bring the Hitler out of him. Biden would be as bad in other ways. Please Trump vs Harris
  • praxis
    Biden aced the nomination speech. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

He mentioned efforts to strengthen unions and the working class, which doesn't sound too corporate-friendly.
  • ssu
    As long as I've been aware of US politics - since Bill Clinton - the US hadn't had a decent President.Benkei
    Were you too young when there was Bush senior, Reagan or Carter?
  • ssu
    No, You’re a shit stain! This forum is falling apart.csalisbury

Welcome to the Philosophy Fprum of 2020's with your moderator of the year, Streetlight X.
  • Benkei
    I remember them but I was in high school when it was Bush Sr. Not at an age to care. I was under the impression the first Iraqi war was great, which, as I learned later, only started out pretty great (as far as wars go).
  • ssu
    The basic problem in the US is that people don't remember the time when Republicans were sane, to put it bluntly. Bush, Reagan, even Nixon and especially Eisenhower were quite "normal" by European standards, I would argue.
  • Gregory
    The Republicans call for a proud America.

The Democrats say they want a humble America
  • Streetlight

You're all so fucked lol.
  • tim wood
    Biden, the man, is definately a degenrate ratfack who, the day he drops dead, will leave the world a better place. It's hard to think of many others so instrumental in helping usher forth policies that have immerserated not only millions in the US, but in other parts of the world as well. Oh and he's probably a rapist too so there's that.StreetlightX

Don't forget eater of babies, or cager of children and destroyer of families. Oh, wait! That's already covered! I get it that you have some personal issues, and if venting on a website helps, who are we to object. But it would be nice if more often you came out of your hallucinatory fog and actually contributed more than just tired invective and obscenity and rant.

For example, if you're an American - and you've said you aren't - how would you vote? And what else constructive might you do in addition to voting? And if that speculative exercise seems too trite for a war-horse like you, then tell us what you're doing in your Australia, that we might admire and try to emulate here.

And I think it accurate that people laugh at America. I would too, if I could find the humour of it. But I suspect that laughter is not a comfortable laughter. There are, for example, too many white crosses in the fields of France and other places for mere jollity. And while those crosses are not proof that America is best or perfect, they are proof that America is an important member of the team.
  • Streetlight
    Don't forget eater of babies, or cager of children and destroyer of families.tim wood

Well now that you mention it, yes, Biden absolutely did lock children in cages and very likely destroyed tens or hundreds of thousands of families with his '94 crime bill which helped the US become the prison state that it is. He probably hasn't eaten a baby but it probably did cross his mind to take a bite while he was sniffing the hair of all those young girls he liked to heavy pet on camera.
  • tim wood
    Biden absolutely did lock children in cagesStreetlightX
    Maybe you should read your articles before you post them.
  • Streetlight
    Presumably you mean bits like this?:

"Pictures of children behind chain-link fencing were captured at a site in McAllen, Texas, that had been converted from a warehouse to an immigrant-detention facility in 2014. Social media users who defended Trump’s immigration policies also shared a 2014 photograph of Obama’s Homeland Security Secretary, Jeh Johnson, touring a facility in Nogales, Arizona, in 2014, in which the fencing could be seen surrounding migrants there as well. That picture was taken during a spike in the number of unaccompanied children fleeing violence in Central American countries."

"Thomas Homan (who was director of removal operations at ICE under President Obama). ... said during a June 21, 2019, panel discussion hosted by the anti-immigration advocacy group Center for Immigration Studies that “‘The kids are being [housed] in the same facility built under the Obama administration. If you want to call them cages, call them cages. But if the left wants to call them cages and the Democrats want to call them cages, then they have to accept the fact that they were built and funded in FY 2015.”

This is a fun game. Name some other acts of ethical and political depravity and there's no doubt we can find it in Biden's illustrious career of fucking people over.
  • tim wood
    Yours is the sort of argumentation by which a horse chestnut becomes a chestnut horse. Flights of error. If you cannot tell the difference between Obama, Biden, and Trump, then you can't tell much.
  • Streetlight
    Yes yes, make what excuses you will for that human scum.
  • tim wood
    Just for the heck of it. We know which end of the continuum you put all, or most, American presidents. Who if anyone do you place at the other end? And where do you place NZ PM Jacinda Ardern.
  • praxis
    “If you want to take a look at Joe Biden’s America, take a look at Portland last night where they had a riot, take a look at the woman who punches the other woman in church yesterday, take a look at the 51 shootings in New York and the four murders,” Giuliani said.

It’s currently Trump’s America. :chin:
  • 180 Proof
    FOX Noise: fu45 to Bob Woodward, 2.7.20

https://youtu.be/5Z8nV10dFcw

"Donald Trump knew. He lied to us for months. And while a deadly disease ripped through our nation, he failed to do his job - on purpose. It was a life or death betrayal of the American people."
    ~next POTUS, former VP Joe Biden, 9.9.20
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet