• Shawn
    Hey, @Paul, and @Jamalrob, et all.

It's been a longtime thing of mine to start some crypt payments for the website. I also, am trying to gather some cryptocurrency for my own use, and would appreciate a donation address to send some money for admins and moderators for their time and patience and willingness to participate in this awesome website.

I hope this can be made sometime soon.

Regards.
  • Outlander
    You're confident in its value, correct? Why not just turn it into cash then. Shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Wheatley
    would appreciate a donation address to send some money for admins and moderators for their time and patience and willingness to participate in this awesome website.Shawn
    I'm sure you have well intentions in paying with cryptocurency, but I'm pretty confident that @jamalrob is only accepting payments in US currency. $$$ :sparkle:
  • Baden

@Paul is not a mod or admin here and rarely posts. You're about four years out of date on that one. By all means send him some crypto for his work on PF but let's get the staff here straight. Also, won't speak for the rest of the team but alls I want from y'all is y'all behave.
  • Hanover
    Also, won't speak for the rest of the team but alls I want from y'all is y'all behave.Baden

Odd mixture of dialects. Alls is Midwestern (https://ygdp.yale.edu/phenomena/alls-construction). Y'all is Southern (https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/12916/yall-youse-8-english-ways-make-you-plural).

G'day old chap.
  • Baden

Yeah, well, I was looking at a map of Oklahoma just before I wrote that so makes sense.
  • Hanover
    Yeah, well, I was looking at a map of Oklahoma just before I wrote that so makes sense.Baden

Does make sense.

Factoid for you. The panhandle of Oklahoma was given to it by Texas in order to keep Texas entirely in the South so it could remain a slave state.

Lemme know if you need to know anything else about Oklahoma. I know things about the environmental impact of fracking on Oklahomians, the plight of the depression era Okie, and the Broadway smash hit Oklahoma to name a few areas of my expertise.
  • Baden
    Lemme know if you need to know anything else about Oklahoma.Hanover

What's the lowdown on Hooker, OK?

Got a lot of friends there?
  • Hanover
    What's the lowdown on Hooker, OK?

Got a lot of friends there?
    Baden

From the photos, appears to be a shit hole. ityp9q2glpzjujbk.jpeg
  • Paul
    I graciously request that all the donations earmarked to me for my non-contributions to this site be sent to the state of Oklahoma, which clearly needs it more.
  • Metaphysician Undercover

Non-contributions? Are you not the godfather of The Philosophy Forum?
  • BC
    There was a huge pogrom / race riot / arson and bloody massacre in Tulsa, OK on May 31/June 1, 1921. Read about it here.

About 300 blacks were killed, the large and prosperous black Greenwood community was burnt to the ground, and many were injured. There was even some straffing from the air--a little WWI tech brought to bear on the situation.

In the aftermath of the white attack on Greenville, there was some national news coverage, which quickly faded, and then there was silence. Nobody--white or black--wanted to talk about what happened, out of fear and shame. There were several unmarked mass graves that have not been found, and a few that have.

An investigatory commission was set up recently to finally investigate the event.

tulsa1-1000x729.jpg

There were very large race riots in several cities around the time (2 or 3 years either side) -- Chicago, East St. Louis, Detroit, and so on.
  • BC
    I've always thought that most of O K L A H O M A was a petroleum soaked shit hole. It's a good thing Oscar Hammerstein II never ventured out there. Had he, the play would have been about oil patch roughnecks, whorehouses, oil wells, and grease all over everything. Probably would have gotten bad reviews in the New York press and never made it on to Broadway from Off Off Broadway.

There is, by the way, a nice Frank Lloyd Wright building in Bartlesville, OK--the Price Tower, which started out as an office building and is now a hotel.

Price_tower.jpg
  • Baden
    There was a huge pogrom / race riot / arson and bloody massacre in Tulsa, OK on May 31/June 1, 1921.Bitter Crank

Heard about Tulsa when Drumpf decided to go full MAGAt there.
  • Michael
    Also, won't speak for the rest of the team but alls I want from y'all is y'all behave.Baden

Baden doesn't speak for the rest of us. I want all your money.
  • Baden

If I thought anyone here actually had any money, I might have taken a different attitude. :wink:
  • Hanover
    Probably would have gotten bad reviews in the New York press and never made it on to Broadway from Off Off Broadway.Bitter Crank

But instead we got such great songs as this:

• Srap Tasmaner
    i'm a month late, but this is timeless:

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.