• A Seagull
    I did. :) — A Seagull
    So what do you base your statement on? Usually on is expected to provide some sort of evidence. :cool:
    Sir2u

This is a thread on quotes and in the Lounge section,. no evidence or justification is required.

My personal evidence and justification for the quote is too esoteric and perhaps long to put into the form of a concise and logical argument.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me.
  • Sir2u
    This is a thread on quotes and in the Lounge section,. no evidence or justification is required.

My personal evidence and justification for the quote is too esoteric and perhaps long to put into the form of a concise and logical argument.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me.
    A Seagull

That is very convincing proof of what you said. :lol:
  • My Undescended Left Testicle
    “The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.”

BF Skinner
  • 180 Proof
    "[It] may be impossible to distinguish between people and bots not because the bots have grown as smart as people, but because much of the time, people are as dumb as bots." ~Peter Watts, author of Firefall
  • 180 Proof
    "Every society must justify its inequalities."
    ~Thomas Piketty, Capital and Ideology
  • 180 Proof
    "Anything said in advance of a pandemic seems alarmist. After a pandemic begins, anything one has said or done is inadequate." ~fmr US Secretary of Health, Michael Leavitt
  • 180 Proof
    "As Marx put it: 'We should not be afraid to learn from intelligent conservatives.' Conservatives - not reactionaries! Reactionaries always offer a solution: 'Let's return to some idealized past.' Conservatives, many of them are simply honest and say: 'We are here in great difficulty, there is no easy way out.' I much prefer them to naïve, progressive, liberals." ~Slavoj Žižek, re: Michel Houellebecq et al
  • Maw
    First as farce second as farce. fuck cops
  • 180 Proof
    "When we revolt it's not for a particular culture. We revolt simply because, for many reasons, we can no longer breathe." ~Frantz Fanon
  • Baden

:clap: :flower:
  • praxis
    Tragically beautiful.
  • 180 Proof
    re: righteous, critical, anger in the streets at this moment -

The child who does not feel the warmth of the village will burn down the village to feel the warmth of the fire. — Yoruba proverb

Uhuru!
  • Sir2u
    Keep the people happy and dancing.
    Instead of burning the streets-

No, they are just burning any old mother down.
  • 180 Proof
    "Perhaps that's what all human relationships boil down to: Would you save my life? or would you take it?"
    ~Toni Morrison, Song of Solomon
  • 180 Proof
    "In a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist, we must be antiracist." ~Angela Davis
  • 180 Proof
    "In your ruins I find shelter."
    ~Samuel Beckett, from letter to Emil Cioran
  • Maw
    "In your ruins I find shelter."
    ~Samuel Beckett, from letter to Emil Cioran
    180 Proof

:love:
  • 180 Proof
    If you haven't yet, this Cioran documentary is well worth an hour or so of your dying ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=10s&v=78y06QkpnC8

:death: :flower:
  • Sir2u
    When Facebook figures out how to do smell, everyone will be as disappointing as they really are. — Philomena Cunk

Ain't dat de trut mon. :lol: :rofl:
  • 180 Proof
    "No one understands the human heart at all who does not recognize how vast is its capacity for illusions, even when these are contrary to its interests, or how often it loves the very thing that is obviously harmful to it."
    ~Giacomo Leopardi, Zibaldone

e.g. hard core tRump deplorables

It is what it is.Leiton Baynes
    "Yo, semites" ... wtf.

:mask:
  • Maw
    I have to remind myself to watch this this weekend
  • 180 Proof
    "I never thought I was wasted, but I probably was."
    ~Keith Richards

:cool:
  • 180 Proof
    Labor Day, 2020.

“Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.”
    ~Abraham Lincoln, corporate lawyer
  • bcccampello
    There are things that are good for a instant, others for a while. Only a few are forever.
  • 180 Proof
    "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, slave owner
  • Gus Lamarch
    “Where the world comes in my way—and it comes in my way everywhere—I consume it to quiet the hunger of my egoism. For me you are nothing but—my food, even as I too am fed upon and turned to use by you. We have only one relation to each other, that of usableness, of utility, of use. We owe each other nothing, for what I seem to owe you I owe at most to myself. If I show you a cheery air in order to cheer you likewise, then your cheeriness is of consequence to me, and my air serves my wish; to a thousand others, whom I do not aim to cheer, I do not show it.”
    - Max Stirner, The Ego and Its Own
  • 180 Proof
    "Cause I feel like bombin' a church -
    Now - now that you know
    that the preacher
    is lyin' ...
    "
    ~BMW
  • Olivier5
    When children die, they become angels. When they live, they become demons.
    -- Mohamed Choukri
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet