• Michael
    Sure they can.NOS4A2

Not sure if you're joking. But no, you can't impeach private citizens.
  • NOS4A2

It would be under the guise of impeaching a former officer.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    Trump knows something.NOS4A2

He does: How to lie through his teeth.
  • praxis
    I’m not sure.NOS4A2

It is hard to keep up with all the alternative truths.
  • NOS4A2

No, I just have no clue what you’re talking about.
  • praxis

When asked about Cotton's early warnings [about coronavirus], McConnell said: "It came up while we were tied down on the impeachment trial. And I think it diverted the attention of the government, because everything every day was all about impeachment."praxis
  • NOS4A2

Sounds plausible to me.
  • praxis

In any case, DJT's hyperbole is effective on his supporters, but not anyone with the ability to reason.
  • Baden
    Obamagate. :lol:
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Trump knows something.NOS4A2

I think he knows that he hates Obama. At least we know he does.
  • 180 Proof
    :mask: Biden 2020 (re: November 3rd referendum on the incumbent)

Steve Schmidt, former GOP senior campaign advisor, from a television interview April 16, 2020, which applies even more so today:

"I think the White House has done, historically, very poorly in this. This is one of the most significant crises in American history. It’s certainly the largest American crisis of our lifetimes, and it’s been the most inept response by the executive, by the president, I think, with regard to any crisis in American history but, certainly, any crisis in our lifetimes. And we look at a president, who is so clearly in over his head and out of his depth, who has been dishonest, who has been imprecise, who’s been inaccurate, and whose deadly indecision will be paid for with the lives of tens of thousands of Americans, as this virus escalated to a place it never need have gotten. And that is all because of the wasted month of February, where the president was hate tweeting, firing people that he was angry with over impeachment, going on campaign rallies and golfing. And, now, the country is paying the price for that. We should be careful to understand that when the same guy says, ‘Well, it’ll be back in September but we’ll make it go away really quick,’ is the same guy when there were 15 cases in the country, said, ‘Soon, it would be gone to zero and it would disappear like magic.’ The lack of credibility in these evening news events is epic and unlike everything we’ve ever seen. It’s a Baghdad Bob show every night of the week, day after day, the airing of the grievances, the airing of his anger issues. The attacks on the governors. We see every night all of the qualities you never, ever want to see in a leader in a crisis when lives are at stake."

THIS IS WHAT THE EVER-SHRINKING, RABID MOB OF tRUMPERS ARE STILL SUPPORTING. :death:

:point: tRump 2,020 deaths per day ...

Timeline
  • Streetlight
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/trump-storms-out-of-briefing-after-being-called-out-for-racism-from-chinese-american-reporter/

A racist, a baby, and a fuckup of a leader who can't take responsibility.

Also the Obama thing - if it needs to be spelt out for anyone too stupid to get it - is Trump's rolling out the tried and tested target of deflection over the fact that the US now has had 80,000+ deaths and that Obama called him out for compromising rule of law with his fucking around on the Fylnn case. Obama, China - anything to divert from his own murderous incompetence.
  • Relativist
    Trump knows something. More info soon?NOS4A2
    I had come around to accepting the fact that you didn't care what Trump says because you like what he does. But when you start taking his words seriously, and repeating it, it belies that. Are you also a birther?
  • 0 thru 9
    And now, a short musical interlude... (pardon if this was already posted.)

Quite a graceful dancer and singer. Had no idea. No snarkasm intended! :snicker: (Perhaps this is a fitting response for the POTUS continually using REM’s music, despite their outspoken attempts to stop it.)
  • ISeeIDoIAm
    Sounds to me you have (at the very least) a touch of "Trump Mania".

Remember kids, it's a virtue to disregard or diminish someone if we dont like them...
  • DingoJones

What is it that you are referencing? What is “Trump Mania”, and why do you think I have a touch of it (at least)?
  • ISeeIDoIAm
    Because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, he has been relegated to a category of person no longer worthy of fairness nor respect. He is an agent of evil, and so a guilt free punching bag for the weak of character.DingoJones

When I see comments like this; all I think is, "you're no better than what you claim to stand against."

In my mind comments like those degrade the person speaking them in my mind. Take it or leave it; just one observation among billions.
  • tim wood
    Because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, he has been relegated to a category of person no longer worthy of fairness nor respect. He is an agent of evil, and so a guilt free punching bag for the weak of character.DingoJones

I have a lot of trouble with your "Because." No doubt few people see Trump with comprehensive clarity and thoroughness; they're generally mental health professionals familiar with his kind of pathology. But for me it's simpler: he has earned his stripes through his actions, what he's done and said. The absurdity of your "Because" becomes clear if you substitute other names for Trump. E.g., 'Because of Idi Amin Derangement Syndrome..," & so forth.

Your TDS, in other words is just deflection from substance. But in the interests of fairness, can you identify more than one good thing he has ever done that might in some way counterbalance the bad? FYI, I've asked this of nos4 @NOS4A2 twice as I recall and he makes no answer.
  • NOS4A2

Yes, you guys are over-sensitive to whatever phrases the media sensationalizes for you, and utterly forgetful or blind to anything else he says. I am not.
  • DingoJones

I think you’ve misunderstood that statement. I meant that TDS has people relegating Trump to the person no longer worthy of respect or fairness, that they view Trump as evil and therefore a guilt free punching bag. What does it matter if you arent fair or respectful to pure evil? Its like when you call someone Hitler (which some people think is a fair comparison to Trump, which it isnt.) and then justify poor or terrible treatment of that person because you’ve equated them with ine of the best examples of evil in history.
    If you are talking about me saying “the weak of character”, yes that was directed commentary for certain people. Not everyone who criticises Trump is weak of character, but of those who criticise Trump some of them do so using the above justification and those specific people are showing weak character imo. They have a particular taste for abusing an easy target, like a bully who picks on the unpopular kid so he can satisfy his weak character while still maintaining social favour with the other kids.
    So hopefully that clarifies what I meant.
    Also, what am I claiming to take a stand against in your view?
  • praxis
    They have a particular taste for abusing an easy target, like a bully who picks on the unpopular kid so he can satisfy his weak character while still maintaining social favour with the other kids.DingoJones

Just one of countless...

Truly weird Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky reminds me of a spoiled brat without a properly functioning brain. — DJT
  • Relativist
    But you displayed sensitivity to Trump's reference to "Obamagate". Sensitivity is not just negative.
  • ISeeIDoIAm

Me: ...

You: "SHUT THE FUCK UP DONNY!"

I made a bullshit assumption, my apologies. Carry on :)
  • NOS4A2

How did I display sensitivity?
  • DingoJones

Well no one could sensibly say Trump doesn't throw out childish insults, but I was specifically talking about something else and don’t see the relevance of your comment.
    You don’t need to bring up the things Trump says and does anytime someone mentions some other bad act. We get it, eeeeeveryone gets it.
  • DingoJones

Lol, well I wouldn't say youre out of your element Donny. I used pronouns rather than names so I can see how it could be read that way.
  • Relativist
    Yes, you guys are over-sensitive to whatever phrases the media sensationalizes for you, and utterly forgetful or blind to anything else he says. I am not.NOS4A2
    You're confusing me with someone else. I just notice that he tells a great many untruths, largely from stupidity and arrogance. Given that he says so many falsehoods, it seems nuts to attach any credibility to anything he says. You did, and that seems nuts.
  • praxis
    Well no one could sensibly say Trump doesn't throw out childish insults, but I was specifically talking about something else and don’t see the relevance of your comment.
    You don’t need to bring up the things Trump says and does anytime someone mentions some other bad act. We get it, eeeeeveryone gets it.
    DingoJones

I think you've misunderstood. I gave an example of bullying without legitimate criticism or your definition of TDS, if I follow your reasoning. You've offered no examples whatsoever. Maybe you're afraid that if you gave a real example of someone bulling Trump without a legitimate criticism the cool kids won't like you?
  • NOS4A2

It’s not out of the question to suspect that the most powerful man in the universe is privy to more information than you or I.
  • DingoJones

Ok, understood. Its always more clear to explain what point youre making with quotations rather than just posting the quotes, especially considering you were speaking to my analogy rather than the point the analogy was meant to illustrate. Whats salient about my analogy isnt the bullying but rather the weakness of character required to act poorly ( bullying, lies, slander) towards an easy target.
    Anyway, I never claimed anything about bullying, nor did I claim Trump was being bullied. Obviously you are not going to find any reasoning for claims I didnt make.
    Also, I cant help but see you seem to be taking the “weak character” comment personally. Is that what you actually want to discuss? Whether or not I think you have weak character? I wasnt aiming that at anyone in particular, i was referencing a type of person not targeting any individual as being that type of person.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.