• Shawn
    I posted a thread about why Israel sends their children to concentration camps at such a young age, and whether it is ethical to do so.

It got deleted by @jamalrob pretty swiftly.

I kind of treat this forum as a Hyde Park of sorts; but, didn't think an honest and genuine question would get deleted and upon asking why given a command not to post it again.

So, what's up in your world, jamalrob?
  • christian2017
    I posted a thread about why Israel sends their children to concentration camps at such a young age, and whether it is ethical to do so.

It got deleted by jamalrob pretty swiftly.

I kind of treat this forum as a Hyde Park of sorts; but, didn't think an honest and genuine question would get deleted and upon asking why given a command not to post it again.

So, what's up in your world, jamalrob?
    Shawn

I don't know alot about Israel. What are you talking about? I know they have forced conscription at adult hood for their military for 2 years.
  • Baden
    I posted a thread about why Israel sends their children to concentration camps at such a young ageShawn

:brow:
  • Baden
    Had a look at the thread out of curiosity. If a random thought/question of no obvious philosophical import pops into your head, post it in the shoutbox.
  • Shawn

Wow, that sounded really bad. Sorry. Let me reiterate. I started a thread asking why young students from Israel go to holocaust camps as an educational experience, at such a young age.

It got deleted, and was wondering why,
  • Baden

If a random thought/question of no obvious philosophical import pops into your head, post it in the shoutbox.Baden
  • Shawn

Can you answer the question as to why my thread about that topic got deleted?
  • Baden

Given my experience, I presume it was because it was a random thought/question of no obvious philosophical import. But feel free to wait for a response from jamalrob.
  • Nobeernolife
    I got a private mail warning that I would get banned if I called a virus that originated in Voldemort, and information about which was suppressed by the Voldemort government the Voldmort virus. Because apparently that is racist. Go figure.

What exactly are the free speech limits here? Just determined on a whim by the admins?
  • unenlightened
    Just determined on a whim by the admins?Nobeernolife

Just determined by the admins and their moderate minions. did you think it was a free site? There's no such thing as a free site.

As to the whimsicality, I think they broadly follow a line of 'political correctness' as you would call it or 'common sense and decency' as I would call it, along with a certain bias towards being connected with the title of the site - ie Philosophy. Thus when a topic is both controversial and non-philosophical, it's best to get rid before rabies breaks out.
  • Baden

Read these. It will save us all time:

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/480/site-guidelines

"The above guidelines are in place to help us maintain a high standard of discussion and debate, and they will be enforced.If you feel from the get-go that their very existence impinges on your right to free speech, this is probably not the place for you."

On the rest, already explained by PM:

"... the word "racism" can be used loosely for prejudice or antagonism against different nationalities, particularly when the different nationality happens to be of a different race.

Call it xenophobic if you want. This type of discourse results in reinforcing negative attitudes towards Chinese and Asians. So, when it's not the actual name of the virus, we will presume the change is being made for that reason."

Now this is not your feedback thread, and this has been explained anyway (twice now) so I'm not going to continue it with you.
  • Streetlight
    Or as explained by Twitter:

lvqcqigycqe2wtet.jpg
  • Michael
    Just determined by the admins and their moderate minions.unenlightened

I'm not moderate.
  • Streetlight
    Yeah he's an extreme minion!
  • Michael
    I'm actually the only person who moderates here. Everyone else is just a decoy to share out user complaints.
  • Baden

Cool, you can have nobeer then. *Washes hands*.
  • Frank Apisa
    Or as explained by Twitter:StreetlightX

Wow...I needed that laugh this morning.

Thanks!
  • Nobeernolife
    So, are we allowed to call the German measles the German measles, or is that racist?

Funny screenshot by the way. But isn´t that sexist, these days? I mean, with gender identity rights and all that...
  • Nobeernolife
    I'm actually the only person who moderates here. Everyone else is just a decoy to share out user complaintsMichael

Oh, so you are "Baden"?
  • I like sushi
    If you haven’t got the intelligence to figure out that calling Covid the ‘Chinese Virus’ is less than acceptable so be it. I assumed you just slipped up and wasn’t thinking, maybe you’re just idiot. Nothing wrong with that, everyone’s an idiot sometimes.
  • Nobeernolife
    If you haven’t got the intelligence to figure out that calling Covid the ‘Chinese Virus’ is less than acceptableI like sushi

No I don´t. Is German measles racist? Yes or no?
  • Nobeernolife
    Japanese encyphelitis?
  • Nobeernolife
    Lots of name-calling, but no answer.
  • Nobeernolife
    The CCP strategists must be laughing their ass of, seeing how easy it is to control the Baizuo. Just shout the magic R word, and they fall in line.
  • Baden
    Sorry @Shawn that your thread got hijacked. Apparently, @Michael is dealing with it.
  • Michael
    @Nobeernolife why do you want to call it the Chinese virus so badly? It has a decided-upon name already, so use that.
  • wiyte
    In regard to 'Chinese Virus', and other racism. I am a peaceful man, but I don't see that same capacity in my enemy. I want peace with all, the flair of 'no I don't is just my perception of war. It is happening. The Chinese and Russian Governments have threatened us with war, do we leave it to the Govs or do we stand as a separate, people Government. I believe in politeness, so no racism, but aggression now in some cases is not only socially, but tactically may be beneficent (since threat).
  • fdrake

So like... don't be racist. But promote individual aggression ("don't leave it to the government") towards China and Russia based off a nebulous threat. And start talking about it in terms of the coronavirus. Riiight.
  • wiyte
    Well, I didn't mean to offend anyone personally.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.