• Echarmion
    Read the book by Donna Laframboise who actually worked there and saw how these "reports" are compiled. It is an eye-opener.
    The IPCC is funded by politicians with the goal to promote a political agenda. If it does not produce the desired results, it loses its reason to exist.
    Nobeernolife

Question: if Donna Laframboise wrote a book about how everything was fine with the IPCC and we should all listen to them, do you think that would sell as well as her criticism?
  • Benkei
    She didn't work there and critises about 0.6% of the report. Meanwhile, Shell and other industry participants contributed to the report and subscribe to its findings and process. See for instance: https://reports.shell.com/annual-report/2018/strategic-report/climate-change-and-energy-transition.php

Meanwhile raspberrylady is a nobody peddling lies.

Climate skeptics aren't skeptic but just stupid.
  • RegularGuy
    I wish somehow that Trump could realize that we are all God’s children and that God loves him. I know I will catch heat for this from the atheists, but you gotta admit that things would go much more civilly, peacefully, and harmoniously if he believed this equally about himself and his so-called enemies, even if only in a figurative sense.
  • Nobeernolife
    Question: if Donna Laframboise wrote a book about how everything was fine with the IPCC and we should all listen to them, do you think that would sell as well as her criticism?Echarmion

That would depend on the book. In the event, she writes about her experience inside the IPCC, which speak for themselves. And she is not the only one. Anyone who takes a closer look at the workings of the IPCC knows we should not take the IPCC reports as bible.
  • Nobeernolife
    I wish somehow that Trump could realize that we are all God’s children and that God loves him.Noah Te Stroete

Even if he suddenly believes that that all the corrupt swamp creatures who are out to get him are Gods children, I don´t see how that changes the situation he is in, so I am not sure what youre getting at. He still has to live and act in the real world, even if he prays to Yahwee 7 times a day...
  • RegularGuy
    I think you should stop getting your news from social media. It makes it impossible to communicate when you believe all of the subversive disinformation.
  • Echarmion
    That would depend on the book. In the event, she writes about her experience inside the IPCC, which speak for themselves. And she is not the only one.Nobeernolife

Again evading the question. A pity. Why so scared though?

Anyone who takes a closer look at the workings of the IPCC knows we should not take the IPCC reports as bible.Nobeernolife

No-one has suggested we should. Unfortunately, this kind of straw-manning is all anyone ever seems to do in these discussions.
  • Deletedmemberzc
    I wish somehow that Trump could realize that we are all God’s children and that God loves him.Noah Te Stroete

Atheist or theist - Christian charity is the baddest penny. We can only hope Trump's (deranged-deranging) hubris presages a fall.

It is in defeat that we become Christian. — Ernest Hemingway
  • Deletedmemberzc
    Climate skeptics aren't skeptic but just stupid.Benkei

Sheep in wolves' clothing howling dumbly.
  • RegularGuy
    That is very cynical and unChristian. I am not holding my breath, and I don’t think Trump’s chances are good considering the 2018 outcome, but to insinuate that I don’t wish for him to be a better person is to completely miss the point of Christianity.
  • Deletedmemberzc

I only meant the post-hubris fall can bring us to our knees.

A god can never be a Christian.
  • RegularGuy

I actually have a fear of an upcoming race war if Trump falls, instigated by the Neo-Nazis and other fervent Trump supporters. I am sincere about this, and I think Trump would probably welcome it.
  • Deletedmemberzc

I had the same fear in 2016. But the 1st anniversary of Charlottesville closed the chapter. I think the most we'll see is an uptick in Antifa-Whitey skirmishes. So many doxxed Nazis scared the undoxxed.

In the end, Americans are too addicted to screens and fat and sugar to go urban guerilla.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally

After Charlottesville refused to approve another march, Unite the Right held an anniversary rally on August 11–12, 2018, in Washington D.C.[32] The rally was expected to draw large protests from opposing religious organizations, civil rights groups, and anti-fascist organizers.[33][34] The rally drew only 20–30 protesters amidst thousands of counter-protestors.
  • RegularGuy
    Yeah, maybe you’re right. The Nazi youth value PlayStation and Xbox more than they want to get their asses kicked.
  • Nobeernolife
    No-one has suggested we should. Unfortunately, this kind of straw-manning is all anyone ever seems to do in these discussions.Echarmion

I am glad you agree the IPCC should not be taken too seriously. So why do we argue?
  • Nobeernolife
    I actually have a fear of an upcoming race war if Trump falls, instigated by the Neo-Nazis and other fervent Trump supporters. I am sincere about this, and I think Trump would probably welcome it.Noah Te Stroete

Oh boy, and I thought TDS can not get more rampant.... do you even realize how bizarre rants like this sound to people who are not in your CNN echo chamber? (Rethorical question... of course you dont)
  • RegularGuy
    Okay. It seems that you don’t trust CNN. I don’t trust social media that isn’t constrained by FCC regulations. How do we communicate?
  • NOS4A2

KKK and Neo-nazis have been marching for decades and decades, as is their fundamental right. It was the media, not Trump, who gave them the free press and your fears.
  • RegularGuy
    The KKK and Nazis are terrorist organizations.
  • Nobeernolife
    Climate skeptics aren't skeptic but just stupid.Benkei

What exactly is a "climate sceptic"? Your rant about something you don´t define.
  • Echarmion
    I am glad you agree the IPCC should not be taken too seriously. So why do we argue?Nobeernolife

*yawn*
    Is that all you have to offer? Sorry, not interested.
  • NOS4A2

The KKK and Nazis are terrorist organizations.

They have been marching and rallying for decades, as is their right. They were used as a bogeyman to smear Trump.
  • RegularGuy
    Trump’s dad was KKK.
  • Nobeernolife
    *yawn*Echarmion

"Claims such as '2500 of the worlds leading scientists have reached a consensus that human activities are having a significant influence on the climate' are disingenious. Giving the impression that the IPCC consensus means everyone agrees with everyone else (...) is unhelpful. It does not reflect the uncertain, exploratory and sometimes contested nature of scientific knowledge."

Mike Hulme, IPCC lead author

.... its all very simple and clear, isn´t it.
  • NOS4A2

Trump’s dad was KKK.

Yeah, I doubt it.
  • RegularGuy
    Of course you would. I didn’t think you would acknowledge it. We don’t agree on facts. You have “alternative facts” aka fictions.
  • RegularGuy
    That’s what I call the “news” you get on social media.
  • NOS4A2

Trump’s dad was KKK.

Is this true or false? What news taught you this?
  • RegularGuy
    My guess was that he was discharged because he didn’t get violent. He was most likely cooperative.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.