• Pantagruel
    See the value of context? I have one to read specific to what we were talking about. However there is a queue, you're right about that. Context is king.
  • Artemis
    See the value of context? I have one to read specific to what we were talking about. However there is a queue, you're right about that. Context is king.Pantagruel

Marx is not specific to a conversation about the Marxism in late Sartre? Who knew!
  • TheMadFool
    How did you decide on being your very own authority on all matters?
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    TheMadFoolTheMadFool

By basically living that way most of my life.

The clincher, when I chose to take the Gnostic Christian label after suffering my apotheosis.

I know I know. You think that to be fiction and I have nothing I can tell you or show you to have you believe such things even happen.

I have been abuse for my claim before and often so you need not add to it.

Most people associate that term with the supernatural but if your read a bit on Freud and Jung's Father Complex, you will perhaps think lie I do and see apotheosis as a natural thing.

Regards
    DL
  • IvoryBlackBishop

Wouldn't this mean Jesus is your highest authority, if you are following him?
    Wouldn't this mean Jesus is your highest authority, if you are following him?IvoryBlackBishop

Jesus showed a way to think. I have embraced it, but others have the same teachings. I use him as an example because most people I chat with can then have something to relate to.

Buddha as some Jews also put man above god, where we belong, given that we created all the gods, and I can find much n the bible to confirm what I say.

If you see only one Jesus in the scriptures, then I have taken his good advice and discarded his more immoral tenets.

Those I do apologetics against.

As an esoteric ecumenist, that is what we do. That is how we do not become idol worshipers of what we know and as perpetual seekers, I have raised even Jesus' bar of excellence and keep on seeking.

Seeking god the way Jesus said to do is good. Finding a god and idol worshiping him is evil.

Regards
    DL
    Do you use logic?TheMadFool

Seriously.

Regards
    DL
  • Michael Lee
    How am I unable or unqualified to judge God based upon what we think God is through Scripture? Consider your argument:
    1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
    , and you asking whether that is true or whether
    you let someone else do your judging for you.
    . But another important part of the Bible in Matthew 4 says, Satan was tempting Jesus to throw himself down from a height and he replied, "Do not put the Lord your God to the test."
  • Pantagruel
    I have received the Critique (plus a few companion volumes). Hoping to start this by Monday! Online families rock!!
    85048154_10157695230415937_72804033584168960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=76rTDBdp2oYAX9nHlaR&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto1-2.fna&oh=2c4737fb7b55ac8c660127884697def9&oe=5EBCC98D
  • Artemis

:clap: :wink:

I approve. Happy Reading!
  • TheMadFool
    Seriously.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

:smile:
    ↪Gnostic Christian Bishop How am I unable or unqualified to judge God based upon what we think God is through Scripture? Consider your argument:

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
    , and you asking whether that is true or whether

you let someone else do your judging for you.
    . But another important part of the Bible in Matthew 4 says, Satan was tempting Jesus to throw himself down from a height and he replied, "Do not put the Lord your God to the test."
    Michael Lee

Michael. Who was there to report what Satan and Jesus said?

Let us use logos and not mythos.

Test all things is good moral advice regardless of who originally said it, which was not a bible character.

Correcting those who do not agree is the loving thing to do.

As to the myth. Satan did not have dominion to tempt Jesus with. Man had never given it up.
    Either the temptation is a lie, or you have god giving Satan full control of the earth and man.

Do you see Yahweh/Jesus as that big of a jerk?

Regards
    DL
12345Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal