• Lif3r
    Amazon, Convenience Stores, Shopping Malls, Fast Food, and many other examples are all just storages of prepackaged waste that we have been conditioned to becoming addicted to purchasing and participating in by advertising! Stop participating! Stop the companies! Stop the pollution!

They don't care about you or the planet! They just want your money! Stop giving it to them!
  • Lif3r
    This planet cannot sustain this system!
  • TheArchitectOfTheGods
    Realistically, it is not even possible to buy food without buying garbage as well, plastic packaging that needs to be burned. Enter any supermarket, and think of all the packaging which already now you know will become waste that needs to be burned. On a daily basis. So it is part of our CO2 production, like breathing. Arguably it makes the earth greener, but also warmer. I don*t see how the packaging problem would be solved by fusion power either. Maybe bio-degradable plastics is one of the other most important technological projects apart from nuclear fusion development. So far plastics are simply the best packaging materials.
  • Lif3r
    use your brain! I did not say starve yourself!

Select your necessities wisely to avoid pollution to the best of your ability and cease impulsive consumption of things that are not necessary at all!
  • TheArchitectOfTheGods

Sounds great! I can sense a lot of frustration though. Hope you will get better.
    More thoughts on this subject are in this discussion thread https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/7374/why-we-cant-solve-global-warming
  • Lif3r
    oh I am frustrated because this is so simple yet so far fetched for humans to actually do. No one wants to give up their beanbag chairs and their piles of textiles, or their Keurig supersized mcdildo from wish dot com.

Psychology has convinced us to participate in all of this nonsense. We are addicted to buying waste. It has to change or we all die in a fire.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.