• Gnostic Christian Bishop
    I found like twenty websites with the very same topic.Purple Pond

I seek good minds and as here, they are hard to find.

Regards
    DL
    Then why haven't you learnt that no one cares about your stupid religious cult nonsense?S

True to a degree.

That is why I do not push it much and concentrate on the harm of Christianity and Islam.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
    DL
  • Wheatley
    I seek good minds and as here, they are hard to find.Gnostic Christian Bishop
    It seems like you're trying real hard to find these "good minds". For someone who posted this topic on the GameFAQs forum, you must be really desperate. :lol:
  • Pattern-chaser
    God cannot even speak or reproduce without a human femaleGnostic Christian Bishop

Christian God. Christian God!

God is not a coward, it's your presumption of grandeur that is the issue. You actually seem to think that God thinks and acts for your exclusive benefit??? :scream: Why would God bother with you or me? Individual humans on a small speck of dust in a secluded cul-de-sac of an inconsequential spiral galaxy.... :chin:
  • S
    Why would God bother with you or me?Pattern-chaser

Didn't he create us, in his own image no less? Or... which God are you even talking about? The made up one, right? Ah, but which made up one? Your own made up one, or one that was made earlier?
    desperatePurple Pond

No. Persistent.

Don't you know that one of the greatest joys in life is learning something new?

Do you expect to learn much from dull minds?

Regards
    DL
    Why would God bother with you or me? Individual humans on a small speck of dust in a secluded cul-de-sac of an inconsequential spiral galaxy.... :chin:Pattern-chaser

God, as we can see, does not bother with us. I do not expect a fictional character to do so.

You seem to want to compare my ego with others.

I, unlike Christians, do not think a god would actually die for little old me.

Who has an inflated ego?

Regards
    DL
  • Wheatley
    No. Persistent.Gnostic Christian Bishop
    Obsessive.

Don't you know that one of the greatest joys in life is learning something new?Gnostic Christian Bishop
    Not if it isn't interesting.

Do you expect to learn much from dull minds?Gnostic Christian Bishop
    No, and that's why I don't expect to learn anything from you. :razz:
  • fresco

Thanks for that extensive trolling information. I underestimated the size of his problem !

The 'seeking good minds' ploy is of course a supercilious gesture exercised by a self proclaimed divinity.
    a self proclaimed divinity.fresco

Quote that you G D liar.

Regards
    DL
  • PoeticUniverse
    The light of Heav’n did the Earth illumine,
    When He shaped human nature’s acumen.
    Temptations He then placed everywhere,
    But He’ll punish us for being human!

I fear not death, Heaven, or even Hell,
    For death is only life’s natural knell,
    And Heaven and Hell are within myself;
    The one thing I fear is not living well!
  • fresco
    That's the meaning of 'apotheosis'.

And any fool who calls himself 'Greatest I Am' would seem to confirm that even you, with your limited logical ability, were aware of that.
  • fresco
    TO ALL
    It's perfectly possible, and overwhelmingly more logical, to criticise all religions, including gnostic cults, as a potential source of social perniciousness. The dichotomy 'natural-supernatural' is one red herring employed by some religionists who equate their own parochial concept of 'truth' with the word 'natural'. All such 'group rationales' serve human tribal instincts inherited from our primate ancestors.. They set up the 'us-them' divisions which come to the fore in times of adversity. They define 'the good minds' as those who agree with them. And all such rationales are inextricable from the the human language they are couched in.,.a language which serves human attempts to predict, control and counter aspects of their potentially meaningless existence.
  • ssu
    As to faith. What good is faith, and are you aware that our definition today bears almost no resemblance to what the word faith originally meant?

I do not mind the old definition but wrote this for todays definition.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.
    Gnostic Christian Bishop
    Believing in something is actually an choice. You don't have to believe that this planet exists, it's simply a fact. If you disagree with the existence of planet Earth, likely you have serious mental problems. Religions are about making yourself those choices, usually moral choices, and guiding their followers on how to be a good person. Accepting that the planet Earth exists isn't a moral choice.
  • Pattern-chaser
    You seem to want to compare my ego with others.Gnostic Christian Bishop

No, I offered a response to your words, nothing more. Your ego is your own affair. :wink:
    Religions are about making yourself those choices, usually moral choices, and guiding their followers on how to be a good person.ssu

True, and Christians, for instance, have chosen to idolize a genocidal and infanticidal god while thinking that such a moral monster is good.

Faith without facts is for fools.

Regards
    DL
  • Sir2u
    I would have said, no actually the gnostic is atheist, hence the sarcastic "is god a coward?"ZhouBoTong

Before you can state that a god is a coward, or anything else for that matter, unless you have first proven that the god you are talking about is real then you are talking through your ass.

I thought the entire gnostic religion was playing off sarcasmZhouBoTong

I thought all religions were in the comedy genre. But religions have to have a super being or something to worship, so the gnostic cannot be atheist as you stated before. Or are you confused about it.
  • fresco
    ...but 'facts' are what even bigger fools don't understand as selective human constructions !
  • PoeticUniverse
    thinking that such a moral monster is goodGnostic Christian Bishop

Made these today:

God thought of, planned, designed, and implemented
    Human Nature—angelic to demented,
    And in His recipe’s span those expressed
    Unsurprisingly had to be reinvented.

Shirking responsibility, The Blamer
    Cited humans as the culprits of his err,
    And cast them out of Eden, to this day—
    This evil being God’s own Original Sin.

The Great Flood killed all but Noah’s near clan,
    God acting against His own 6th Command,
    Those dead being of God’s intended nature—
    Yet another myth-take in rainbow land.

Yet, there was no Genesis of Man, as is,
    In modern form, so recently, by a Wiz,
    Nor a separate animal life line,
    For He flunked out of evolution’s quiz.
    PoeticUniversePoeticUniverse

I have never been good at poetry and art but I like what I saw.

I have been fighting the genocidal god lovers for some time with the expected results with the obtuse and resilient ones who do not care about their immoral sense.

Perhaps a poem would be better.

I do like some poems and songs of this type and even quote them on occasion.

Sample.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
    holds other people in contempt.
    Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
    there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
    He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
    he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
    Believing himself to be the slave of God,
    he imitates his master,
    and of all tyrants,
    the worst is a slave in power."
    --Robert Ingersoll

Regards
    DL
  • whollyrolling
    Because you don't deserve to see it.
  • PoeticUniverse
    he imitates his master,Gnostic Christian Bishop

Well, there goes integrity, imitating a Bad Role Model.
    Well, there goes integrity, imitating a Bad Role Model.PoeticUniverse

Indeed.

Regards
    DL
  • PoeticUniverse
    Bless your soul with tongues of fire; Holy Spirit burn;
    Leave no trace of man’s desire; Holy Spirit turn.

Oh, man, why detest thy constitution;
    Doth thou think Nature has a lot to learn?

So Nature got it wrong, the pious say,
    In man’s constitution, erring its essay,
    Granting so many ways to go astray.
    Well, then, Who, do they say, penned this world’s play?

In the mosque, they say ‘God’ as if its true.
    ‘Faith’ in their wishes is behind what they chant.

Only a Fool would blame His own creations
    For the taint therein—of His poor craftsmanship.
    So, rejoice, there’s no Maker of Man; these ‘flaws’
    Provide for interesting character types!

The preachers claim ‘perhaps’ as fact and truth.

Their ingrained beliefs the priests’ duly preach,
    As if notions were truth and fact to teach.
    Oh, cleric, repent; at least say, ‘Have faith’;
    Yet, of unknowns ne’er shown none can e’er reach.

What’s not established can’t be addressed,
    For it’s ‘invisible’, such as spirits.
    Thus, a belief in a stated unknown,
    As ‘faith’, can’t be shown, much less known.
  • S
    No, as a matter of fact, the exact opposite is true. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. There's hardly a better example making the case for doxastic involuntarism than the impossibility, in practice, of succeeding to "choose" to believe something of which one is not in the least bit convinced, such as that this planet does not exist. You yourself said that that is a fact, and I too am aware that that is a fact. So how could I "choose" to believe the contrary? That would literally be madness, and I have not taken leave of my senses.
  • Wheatley
    Our gods do not speak to us. Ever wonder why not?Gnostic Christian Bishop
    Can someone please shut this Bishop?! God speaks to me every day, you immoral lying piece of garbage. Also, I now need a new chess set because all my pawns are damaged and sticky. I should have never left them in the same box with Bishop.
  • TheMadFool
    Isn't it strange that fear makes us pray? Kinda makes you think about who's at fault here?
  • fresco
    The only way to shut trolls up is not to feed them. We are all guilty in that respect. This forum seems to particularly problematic with this relative to others and I'm trying to work out why.
  • PoeticUniverse
    Myth’s performance is now over its tasks;
    The artists have taken off their masks.
    The illusion is fading; it couldn’t last;
    The science behind is appearing fast.

They tried to undo evolution’s pace of snails,
    But the stratified fossils ever told the tales
    Of no special humans at once unveiled,
    But of only natural selection’s weathered sails.
    Only a Fool would blame His own creations
    For the taint therein—of His poor craftsmanship.
    PoeticUniverse

Question.
    Can I plagiarize this as is or will I have to ruin the symmetry with my own wording.

Regards
    DL
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.