• Frank Apisa
    Hanover started a discussion with me in the "inbox" section...discussing something that more properly ought to have been discussed in the forum. At some point, I asked him/her, "BUT...how do I discuss this issue if you keep censoring me, deleting my posts, and deleting or closing my threads."

To which, Hanover replied, "I think it's been adequately discussed, so it's best at this point to arrive upon a new topic to discuss. "

So I did, I asked him/her a question which I told him/her I would format as a new discussion.

This is it.

My response was:

"How the hell do you get to decide a topic I want to discuss...has been "discussed enough?"

I will start a new thread...asking that very question. I hope you decide to participate...and answer the question."

I just do not understand what is going on here. I want to discuss the issue of words that are arbitrarily designated as "not acceptable." I've had a thread on the subject deleted; had a post in another thread deleted; and had two threads shut down.

What the hell is going on?
  • DingoJones

Aside from the adult language thread, what were the other two threads that were shut down? Were you given a reason for either like you were for the adult language thread?
  • Baden
    What the hell is going on?Frank Apisa

You're obsessing over an idea that no one else but you thinks is important and repeated expressions of incredulity at the fact that no-one else thinks it's important are superfluous to our philosophical requirements here.
  • Baden
    And we have rules about language use / flaming etc. which we will enforce regardless of what anyone's philosophical position on that is.
  • Frank Apisa
    DingoJones
    ↪Frank Apisa

Aside from the adult language thread, what were the other two threads that were shut down? Were you given a reason for either like you were for the adult language thread?
    DingoJones

The Adult Language thread was closed to comments.

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/5949/adult-language

This thread was closed to comments:

https://thephilosophyforum.com/discussion/6005/about-my-thread-adult-language

One thread was only up for a few hours before being deleted. The reason given was that it was of substandard quality (or wording to that effect.)

Cannot give a link to that...because it no longer is there.
  • DingoJones

Thats not true, I think its a valid point he is making. The problem is that the people who bothered to disagree with him didnt have anything interesting to say and Frank got aggressive and developed a quick victim complex so the topic died and Frank is confused about it being about the topic rather than what I just mentioned.
  • Frank Apisa
    Baden

What the hell is going on? — Frank Apisa

You're obsessing over an idea that no one else but you thinks is important and repeated expressions of incredulity at the fact that no-one else thinks it's important are superfluous to our philosophical requirements here.
    Baden

Are you saying that the censoring is going on for this reason???

Holy shit!

In any case, I am not the "only one" who thinks it is important.
  • Frank Apisa
    Baden
    And we have rules about language use / flaming etc. which we will enforce regardless of what anyone's philosophical position on that is.
    Baden

But you are deciding a question I am raising is both "poor language" "substandard quality" and "flaming."

All I want to do is to discuss the topic.
  • Baden

Should I say "Worth getting upset about" maybe?

It started off as a reasonable question but ended up with what @DingoJones said.

You did actually flame people Frank. To an extent the rules don't allow.
  • Baden
    Anyway, I don't really have anything to add. And it seems you started this topic to get around the last topic being closed, which isn't going to fly. So, closed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.