• OpinionsMatter
    Why do you use this forum? Is philosophy your occupation, your major or your interest? Why?
  • OpinionsMatter
    This is simply food for thought, although reading your answers may be preferable by some.
  • OpinionsMatter
    I use this forum to see what people believe matters to them, and to express my own views and opinions. Philosophy is currently my interest, and I love it because it's open, open discussion, open minded people, and open opinions. So what's your answers?
  • Baden

I come here mainly to read the thoughts of PhD hybridization-geneticists such as @Hanover.

...I've always liked the crowd at the old forum as well as here. Feels like the local bar minus the sports conversations.
  • Hanover
    I come here for much the same reasons as @Baden. One day we should all meet at a pub actually. There's one just down the street from me with literally hundreds of beers. Since it's close to my house, I'll buy the first round.
  • OpinionsMatter

Only problem with that, is that I live in Canada so I am:
    1. Too far away
    2. Underage in your country
    Otherwise I'd be happy to join you:)
  • Anaxagoras
    Same as @Baden and @Hanover
  • Baden

I already spend too much time here, so I think I'll give Hanover's Moonshine Mountain a miss. But I'll send you some fresh banjo strings or something as a token of my affection.
  • Nickel
    I spend every work lunchtime reading posts, and try to whenever else I can, which isn't much at the moment. Layman interest in Philosophy, addicted to learning.
  • Hanover
    Only problem with that, is that I live in Canada so I am:
    1. Too far away
    2. Underage in your country
    Otherwise I'd be happy to join you:)
    OpinionsMatter

I looked at a map and from what I can tell Canada is only a couple of inches from where I live.

In terms of the underage thing, I'd think you could just put a really good buzz on in Canada and that ought to carry you for a few days while you're down here.

Bring a jug or something to blow in and maybe a saw you can bend to make music because @Baden said he'd bring the banjo strings.

Because you're underage, I'll save the jokes about the various family members I'll have on standby to do to them as backwoods people do.
  • Sir2u
    Since it's close to my house, I'll buy the first round.Hanover

Problem is that I can only stay for a few minutes, but I would be glad to join you for a beer. By the way, could you lend me a few dollars for the fare?
  • Hanover
    By the way, could you lend me a few dollars for the fare?Sir2u
    Just take a cab. I'll pay the fare when he arrives.
  • Sir2u
    Just take a cab. I'll pay the fare when he arrives.Hanover

Bloody marvelous old chap. Next weekend it is then. Who else is going to show up? I might be able to stay for the second round. :grin: :up:
  • OpinionsMatter
    I looked at a map and from what I can tell Canada is only a couple of inches from where I live.Hanover
    Haha, I think you forgot to consider the scale first.
  • Hanover
    Bloody marvelous old chap. Next weekend it is then. Who else is going to show up? I might be able to stay for the second round. :grin: :up:Sir2u

I'm not sure who's coming. I've got a lot of maybes. I'm pretty sure @Baden and @Michael will be here because their mothers are already here and they probably want to see them.
  • Michael
    One of these days I'm going to take you up on your offer and it's going to be really awkward when we try to have a real conversation in person.
  • Hanover
    One of these days I'm going to take you up on your offer and it's going to be really awkward when we try to have a real conversation in person.Michael

It won't be awkward because I'm so charismatic. I'm like a cult leader, just more godlike.
  • Valentinus
    I thought the Forum was using me.
    I get a lot of things backwards.
  • Sir2u
    I'm pretty sure Baden and @Michael will be here because their mothers are already here and they probably want to see them.Hanover

Waz der mamas doin der?

I'm like a cult leader, just more godlike.Hanover

Have you been reading S's posted, you are beginning to sound like him.
  • Hanover
    Have you been reading S's posted, you are beginning to sound like him.Sir2u

He was created in my image.
  • Sir2u
    He was created in my image.Hanover

:rofl: :rofl:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.