• sandris
    Have you ever wondered how your thoughts control your body? How are your thought even created? What is the physical universe that we interact with made of?
    I wanted to share my thoughts on this subject and hear all of your thoughts as well!
    I will not talk about spiritual things and philosophy so much and be concentrating more on practical and rational perspective.
    If we delve in to physical universe, then we can find out that everything is built of the same small particles of energy that are just vibrating a bit differently. Molecules-atoms-electrons-pions-quarks the further we go, the more we can see that actually there is no “hard” matter and everything, as stated before, is made of tiny particles of energy that vibrate at a certain frequency. Your body and our planet and everything is “made” of the same stuff, that just acts a bit differently. This is one of the first big mysteries- How is everything separated in such a genius manner and all of these individual entities, parts and particles stay bound to the bigger physical world representation. How does these energy particles know to be bound together to make atoms that make our skin cells and adapt to the ever-changing everything?..
    Ok, let’s leave this thought for a while and look in to the consciousness aspect. Our thoughts and reactions are electrical impulses that innervate our nerve cells. Through this neural network we manipulate our body, over time we learn to manipulate with our body better and better and some individuals achieve things that regular people can only dream about. Interesting phenomena is observed in this practice. Human abilities are limited, at least very educated people tell us that our muscles are capable of that and that and nothing more, and same goes for all the rest of our functions, BUT once in a while there comes someone who overcomes these limits and what is fascinating is that after one person has done it, more and more people appear who are able to do it. Like some sort of collective power-up or unlocking of potential. Where lays our true limit? This is exactly the question that I want to find out! Let’s go back a bit. Where does our mind live? There is no part of the brain that can produce a mind, there are many things that help our mind understand itself and the world around it, but our mind is not in our brain. Our mind can be influenced by our brain, but our brain is only the medium that connects our mind with this physical reality. So where is our mind? What is our mind? Who knows! And I think we are too primitive to try to understand it at the moment, but what we can try to understand is- How exactly our mind interacts with the physical reality? My thoughts are that our mind can create small specific energy impulses that create the reaction in our brain, so that means that our mind is capable of creating these impulses from nothing in this physical reality or it transfers some impulse from non-physical reality, where our mind exists, and delivers it to this one. This is the way how our mind has learned to interact with physical dimension effectively, through controlling our brains, that control our body. But can we create these impulses outside our brain? How strong of an impulse can we create? Can we create impulse strong enough to influence the structure of things around us? Maybe, maybe not! But I am quite sure that we are capable of much more.
    Norms that have been accepted by public for our abilities, shape the way that we look at ourselves. There are a lot of stories about people with so called supernatural abilities, but I think they are not supernatural, we are all capable of them. The only issue is that we (our mind) needs to learn how to manipulate these impulses to achieve what we want. As a newborn baby learns everything he needs to know to take part in our society, trough falling and trying and not giving up, seeing examples all around him, so can we learn to do much more. Physical reality is actually just little particles of energy, and our mind can create energy impulses, so theoretically we can learn to influence reality itself. Of course it would take us a long time to get there through these small little breakthroughs that some special individuals achieve, but all of us need to embrace it and try to move in that direction if we want to get there. Energy likes to resonate and amplify when it is in contact with the same frequency. Our minds attract physical things that resonate with our thoughts. At least that is what I believe, so let’s think about what we think and what can we do to achieve greater and greater hights as individuals and as a human specie collectively!
  • RegularGuy
    so let’s think about what we think and what can we do to achieve greater and greater hights as individuals and as a human specie collectively!sandris

You’re talking about herding cats basically?
  • RegularGuy
    I understand from several neuroscience articles and philosophy of mind books I’ve read that our neurons fire in a way that we act before we are consciously aware of it. What do you make of that?
  • sandris
    well ok, I can take out this line. I am just wandering what you think about he premise, that we have this almost unlimited potential and that fallowing this line of thought we could go for it
  • RegularGuy
    I am just wandering what you think about he premise, that we have this almost unlimited potential and that fallowing this line of thought we could go for itsandris

I would like to believe that, but I always get into trouble when I start believing I have superpowers.
  • sandris
    Of course a lot of things that we do, even most actually is a reaction to an action that has been programmed in to us, but our thoughts about things, our analysis on questions are not in this category
  • sandris
    I would like to believe that, but I always get into trouble when I start believing I have superpowers.Noah Te Stroete

But well there are quite a lot of evidence as we may call them about people doing extraordinary things that could be called superpowers. Living without seeing with our ears(sonar), eating, skin magnetism, keeping normal body temperture in severe cold or even Shaolin monks
  • RegularGuy
    but our thoughts about things, our analysis on questions are not in this categorysandris

Okay. So what can we do differently? Some people are very skilled at thinking things. @andrewk, @fdrake, and others are way more talented than me in maths, but the world doesn’t really need ME to be better at maths.
  • sandris
    well about
    what can we do differently?Noah Te Stroete

I am not sure either, that is why I wanted to share this idea. One possibility is just being aware of it and mabe if more and more people are introduced to this concept, then human mind paradigm could start swaing that way and someone somewhere would appear who could manipulate this phenomena and help others unlock this potential
  • RegularGuy
    I once walked seven miles in below freezing temperatures from a bar after-party with only jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt on. I did it out of necessity because I didn’t have a ride. I’m not sure if it was superhuman, but I was under the delusion that I was an X-man at the time. LOL
  • sandris
    see, we all have ability to overcome set human norms on our limits with the right set of circumstances! :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.