• bert1
    Jamalrob and mods,

What is the policy here on posting several separate posts consecutively, say, if you want to reply to three different people? Some forums hate it, insisting that you just make one post and address three people in it. Others, like the old PF, didn't mind multiple consecutive posts at all as far as I could tell.
  • Baden
    I've made a couple of consecutive postings myself, Bert. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Baden
    Interestingly, I've hardly had to moderate anything at all here (or maybe someone else keeps getting there first). (See what I did there :) ).
  • bert1
    Thanks Baden.
  • Mayor of Simpleton
    Interestingly, I've hardly had to moderate anything at all here (or maybe someone else keeps getting there first). (See what I did there :) ).Baden

That might have something to do with the members. ;)

I did make the effort, when informing people of the site... to take their 'moderating history' into consideration.

Anyway...

... the people inhabiting this site seem to have the ability to make more than 3 posts in a row with content. Something tells me this is not an issue for TPF for the foreseeable future.

Meow!

GREG
  • Postmodern Beatnik
    Others, like the old PF, didn't mind multiple consecutive posts at all as far as I could tell.bert1
    This is more or less correct regarding PF. Especially if one was giving elaborate responses to several different people, a post for each person would generally be considered acceptable. There was a tool for merging posts, however, and it would be used for less sensible sequences of posts. For example, there was a member who used to make a separate post for each individual quote to which he was responding (often leading to six posts in a row directed to the same interlocutor). Or if someone had six one-line responses to six separate interlocutors, they would get merged rather than be left as six separate posts. It's a bit of a judgment call, but not a difficult one to make. I imagine a similar practice will emerge here if the issue arises. But in general, it seems reasonable to allow consecutive posts by default and only merge them if the number gets unreasonable (which appears to be the current policy given @Baden's comments).
  • Arkady
    Interestingly, I've hardly had to moderate anything at all here (or maybe someone else keeps getting there first).Baden
    Oh, don't worry: this is only the opening part of The Lord of the Flies, where everyone is still nice to each other. Man's primeval nature will emerge eventually, leaving you mods plenty to do. :D
  • Baden
    Who wants to be Piggy? :B
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.