• Alfredokles
    well, this is the problem, I cannot find the source of the quotation; I thought it was Socrates, but I cannot trace it back to him successfully... would be grateful if one of the experts in this forum can help to clarify this matter - thank you!
  • Terrapin Station
    That one isn't ringing any bells, unfortunately, and a quick search doesnt suggest that it's a well-known saying.
  • DiegoT
    duckduckgo.com tells me that it is a frequent quote by Paul C. Nutt, from the Ohio University, who writes books about making decisions. I wonder if he thinks that he should not have written half of these books
  • Harry Hindu
    What makes a decision "wrong"?
  • Terrapin Station
    As long as you can frame them as binary choices, it would be difficult for more than 50% of your decisions to be wrong, unless you can't learn. If more than 50% of your decisions consistently trended wrong for a bit, you'd simply start making decisions and then do the opposite Then more than half would be right..
  • Terrapin Station
    What makes a decision "wrong"?Harry Hindu

You don't like the outcome.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.